• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD |OT| Tingling with HD excitement...only 398 Rupees

Ibuki

Banned
I really want to get the digital version, but I also love going physical. Then again I could use my SMTxFE promo credit, but then what about Ace Attorney 5? So many decisions.

Off-topic, sorry: Anyone know how long it takes for eShop purchases to register on the Nintendo Digital Deluxe website? I need my next $5 code for this Monster Hunter sale .

Gummb

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about Rayman Legends Wii U.
Man what the hell... I had no intention of buying this now, and here I am half way through the download. I blame this thread and all of you. Going to play on the gamepad with nice headphones in bed. Stoked.

Yeah, I want to play it so bad, but I leave for 3 weeks on Sunday and I want the physical release. But... I could get it now....... and play tomorrow!!

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Welp, time to live vicariously through everybody else for two weeks:

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/titles/14866558073070141978/14866558073070141981

zlCfzRIThLI1v1eYK1

linko9

Off-topic, sorry: Anyone know how long it takes for eShop purchases to register on the Nintendo Digital Deluxe website? I need my next $5 code for this Monster Hunter sale .

In my experience they've been up within 24 hours, but I don't know it's that consistent.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
This period between the Miiverse board being up and being able to play the game was brutal for Pikmin 3. So many beautiful screens.. D:

I'm so happy right now. Thought I wasn't gonna be able to afford this and my boss calls me in for extra hours this weekend. Woohoo!

Yeah, I want to play it so bad, but I leave for 3 weeks on Sunday and I want the physical release. But... I could get it now....... and play tomorrow!!

Bring the Wii U along? It's a really portable system considering you don't need a TV or av cords to play it. Maybe you don't want vidja games on your trip though...

It's times like these I love miiverse. Online midnight game launch with the whole community, everyone posting screens and commenting excitedly together. Gotta hand it to Nintendo on that service.

Gummb

Bring the Wii U along? It's a really portable system considering you don't need a TV or av cords to play it. Maybe you don't want vidja games on your trip though...

That would be really funny, actually. I'm going to a training seminar for working abroad. They'll be teaching us to live simply and interact with people from different backgrounds. It would be ridiculous if I just pulled out my good ol' Wii U next to my 3DS next to my kindle, next to my iphone, next to my ipod. Hahaha, I can see it now.

Thanks for the suggestion though. :p

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I'm hoping I will like it on my second playthrough. I was pretty excited because this was one of the first zelda games I played around release (with my wavebird, no less). That and the pre-order bonus was so bad ass, Ocarina of time and Master quest. I ended up buying the pre-order disc seperately (as I did not own the game at the time).

I beat the game, albeit it was after 5 or 6 years. The game has left a bad impression on me but maybe the improvements will change my mind, I hope.

I have this cool cover from one issue of gamepro or egm.

Haha, sounds like we have the same dilemma. I was okay with waiting until 10/4, but I won't be back from my trip until 10/15... fuck waiting another month, I've been too hyped for this since it was announced. At least I'm only blowing a gift card tonight and just paying for the retail version... might be harder to swallow if I had to consider paying for it twice. I don't envy your decision. :p

I'm just going to clutch my pre order receipt, rock back and forth in a corner and avoid this thread like the plague. I usually almost always buy digital at midnight for shit because I'm a sucker for instant gratification, but that statue tempted me too much...

That would be really funny, actually. I'm going to a training seminar for working abroad. They'll be teaching us to live simply and interact with people from different backgrounds. It would be ridiculous if I just pulled out my good ol' Wii U next to my 3DS next to my kindle, next to my iphone, next to my ipod. Hahaha, I can see it now.

Thanks for the suggestion though. :p

Well... nevermind that then hahaha. Sounds like a pretty sweet experience, I'd love a good excuse to unplug from all this technology for a while. Those moments when you suddenly realize you've got your laptop open, TV on, music playing and 3DS running simultaneously, and you stop to reflect on what the hell your life has become. Good luck man!

Despite it's inadequacies, it's certainly not a 'scam'.

Especially not when I just bought this game for $5 less than the retail price :p

Until the Wii U dies and they don't let me redownload it -_- Happened with my Wii =\ Can't wait for Amazon to ship my real copy =\ /cries back to watching Cosmo stream.

guek

Banned
Ugh, I want this so bad but I refuse to buy digital from Nintendo's scam digital system.

Honestly, the biggest shitty thing about the eshop limitations other than being able to easily transfer your purchases to another wii u is the fear of getting robbed since you may or may not get your purchases back through nintendo's customer service. And while that sucks, it's not really any different from say having my tv or laptop stolen and not being able to get it back. A broken wii u though? Yeah those purchases should be fine, it'll just be a hassle to send stuff in.

Eusis

Man, torn on waiting or getting it now. Inclined to get it now admittedly, after W101 I kind of expect physical to be barebones now without even a nice foldout or quick manual. Digital Deluxe promo plus tax free on DD makes me more inclined to go digital though.

Gummb

Haha, sounds like we have the same dilemma. I was okay with waiting until 10/4, but I won't be back from my trip until 10/15... fuck waiting another month, I've been too hyped for this since it was announced. At least I'm only blowing a gift card tonight and just paying for the retail version... might be harder to swallow if I had to consider paying for it twice. I don't envy your decision. :p

Ughhhhhh, stahhhhp!

Well, I just cashed in on all of my digital promotion cards.... $15. What makes this worse is that I'm back from my trip the day Pokemon releases, which means I'll have Wind Waker waiting for me at my house, I still have to finish W101, and yet Pokemon will always get priority.

I think I'll stick to living through MiiVerse and twitch.tv. :'(

zroid

Banned
Until the Wii U dies and they don't let me redownload it -_- Happened with my Wii =\ Can't wait for Amazon to ship my real copy =\ /cries back to watching Cosmo stream.

Although I can't speak from experience 'cause I've never had to recover any Ninty downloads before, everyone says things have changed quite a bit since the Wii days. They are really good about letting you recover Wii U and 3DS games, either by sending it in for repairs or filing a police report. Although it's certainly not a replacement for a legit account, the paranoia associated with the 3DS and Wii U eShop is slightly misguided. :)

Having said that, I hate digital so I'm waiting the 2 weeks -_____-;;

5 minutes of install left! Hoping this game will sooth my eyes from that blurry, flickering mess that is GTA 5... though it's still a beautiful game in its own right.

Ughhhhhh, stahhhhp!

Well, I just cashed in on all of my digital promotion cards.... $15. What makes this worse is that I'm back from my trip the day Pokemon releases, which means I'll have Wind Waker waiting for me at my house, I still have to finish W101, and yet Pokemon will always get priority.

I think I'll stick to living through MiiVerse and twitch.tv. :'(

Yikes, that is a sticky situation... well, if it makes you feel any better, I took the double-dipping plunge and blew my gift card even though I'm clearly playing through Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and New Super Luigi U right now, so you're probably making the right/rational decision. Especially if you'd have to actually pay for it twice!

Although I can't speak from experience 'cause I've never had to recover any Ninty downloads before, everyone says things have changed quite a bit since the Wii days. They are really good about letting you recover Wii U and 3DS games, either by sending it in for repairs or filing a police report. Although it's certainly not a replacement for a legit account, the paranoia associated with the 3DS and Wii U eShop is slightly misguided. :)

Having said that, I hate digital so I'm waiting the 2 weeks -_____-;;

My Wii actually died a week ago. I told them when I called I have a Wii U and would just like to dl my games on it and they told me no. I had to PAY to send in my Wii for a replacement or repair and then I'd get my games back and only then =\

Schnozberry

This game is beautiful. I know the art style isn't for everyone, but it really lends itself to HD. Plus, the ability to play on the gamepad while my daughter has the TV is the shit.

zroid

Banned
My Wii actually died a week ago. I told them when I called I have a Wii U and would just like to dl my games on it and they told me no. I had to PAY to send in my Wii for a replacement or repair and then I'd get my games back and only then =\

Ahh, I see. Well that's not surprising. Sucks, though. :(

You do need to send it in for repairs if it breaks.

Eusis

Ahh, I see. Well that's not surprising. Sucks, though. :(

You do need to send it in for repairs if it breaks.
It is a reason I got a Wii U sooner than later, though unless they had BOTH a proper account system and cloud saves I'd have wanted to move all my stuff off sooner than later anyway.

Top Bottom