• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD |OT| Tingling with HD excitement...only 398 Rupees

Kemal86

What? Who said that? The sound can be heard from both TV and GamePad simultaneously.

Nope. There's a separate audio track for the gamepad (menu sounds) and the TV (everything else). Unless you switch to Off TV Play, then everything comes from the gamepad.

It doesn't "mirror" the sound during normal play. Just tried to do that.

Only the intro cutscene audio came from my TV and the Gamepad simultaneously.

Nope. There's a separate audio track for the gamepad (menu sounds) and the TV (everything else). Unless you switch to Off TV Play, then everything comes from the gamepad.

It'd be nice if they patched that. I couldn't imagine it being very difficult to add that option.

Kemal86

It'd be nice if they patched that. I couldn't imagine it being very difficult to add that option.

Yeah, I was planning on playing on my TV tonight, but having audio using headphones plugged into the gamepad (friend is sleeping in the loft above my living room). No go at all, had to use Off TV Play...the image is kind of blurry, maybe a little more so than the Off TV play from NSMBU and BLOPS2.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Wind Waker is £45 on amazon.co.uk. That's a bit pricey for a uprezzed port.

Yeah, I was planning on playing on my TV tonight, but having audio using headphones plugged into the gamepad (friend is sleeping in the loft above my living room). No go at all, had to use Off TV Play...the image is kind of blurry, maybe a little more so than the Off TV play from NSMBU and BLOPS2.
I'm surprised it's more blurry since WWHD downsamples from a higher res. Is it more blurry in motion? Could it be the frame rate?

that's rubbish, why would they do this? I love using the gamepad with headphones. now i can only do it with off tv play.

DJwest

Wind Waker is £45 on amazon.co.uk. That's a bit pricey for a uprezzed port.
It's ridiculous man. Most HD collections include 2 or 3 games and are released in the £25 range. Why is this game so pricey here ? As much as I want it I will wait for a price drop. (Good luck, Nintendo game and all)

So if I download it now because I'm impatient, but then get the disc version on the 4th and delete the game file while leaving the save file, it'll still work with the disc, right?

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
It's ridiculous man. Most HD collections include 2 or 3 games and are released in the £25 range. Why is this game so pricey here ? As much as I want it I will wait for a price drop. (Good luck, Nintendo game and all)

Yeah. I agree. Nintendo are taking the piss really. Basically get a small team to up rezz a Wii game and charge full price for it. SMH.

cyberheater

This needs to stop.

Keep defending Nintendo. There's a reason why WiiU is tanking hard and the complete lack of imagination by Nintendo and cheap up rezzed Wii ports have a lot to do with it.

DynamicG

Keep defending Nintendo. There's a reason why WiiU is tanking hard and the complete lack of imagination by Nintendo and cheap up rezzed Wii ports have a lot to do with it.

People are talking about a game they like and want to play in this thread. You are shitting up that thread by trying to have a meta-discussion about your problems with their business strategy.

Perhaps you should start a thread about how much you dislike said strategy and how cheap they are and have that discussion there.

jFHInluT7Q1e6.PNG

cyberheater

People are talking about a game they like and want to play in this thread. You are shitting up that thread by trying to have a meta-discussion about your problems with their business strategy.

Perhaps you should start a thread about how much you dislike said strategy and how cheap they are and have that discussion there.

Okay. Fair enough. It's not the right thread for that discussion.

Mr-Joker

Banned
This might even hurt sales in Europe, because in two weeks the internet is flooded with this game, everyone has seen extensive Let's Plays on Youtube, etc. People here might lose interest, because they have seen everything new already.

In times of Youtube mass consuming internet Nintendo really cannot afford to release their games two weeks apart in English speaking regions.

It's a HD port of a Gamecube game, it will do fine in sales.

Though I do think that Nintendo should have released it this week or next week as releasing it a week before Pokémon X and Y is a bad idea if you ask me.

My little brother was 7 years old when he played the original GameCube version and he figured out the game pretty quick and this was our first Zelda game.

¿Complete lack of imagination? Yeah, I wish they had a controller as innovative as the DualShock 4 and games as innovative as Killzone 4, Infamous Second Son 2 and such. Instead I have to play games like The Wonderful 101, Pikmin 3, NintendoLand and Zombi U.

Let's be serious, the console has it's problems, lack of innovation isn't one of it considering what the other console vendors offer.
In fact, I think that the main problem this console has is that it lacks excellent games of the most popular genres, them being FPS, Sports and Open World games.

Look, it's really easy to see when someone really criticizes a console because he thinks it has certain flaws, and when someone is just trolling or bullshiting a certain product, you being of course on that second group.

Shiggy said:
It's not as if he doesn't bring up valid points though...
Yeah, super valid ones LOL

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Wait. I have a Premium console. I remember some program Nintendo had for that. Where the heck do I subscribe :p! Left downloading at home since I work... can't wait to get back into it.

TourianTourist

Neo Member
It's a HD port of a Gamecube game, it will do fine in sales. .
That almost sounds like an oxymoron... :D

The main appeal of this are the new looks and the new changes. But in two weeks you've probably seen enough of it already... People from the US are already uploading their Let's Plays and walkthroughs and people in Europe are watching, because they can't play the game, but are interested in it. However, two weeks can be a very long time and I bet there will be some people, who've seen so much of TWWHD that they suddenly lose interest in it when it gets released... xD This might sound ridiculous, but trust me, Nintendo didn't try to alienate Youtubers without a reason.

This gap shouldn't be there.

The main appeal of this are the new looks and the new changes. But in two weeks you've probably seen enough of it already... People from the US are already uploading their Let's Plays and walkthroughs and people in Europe are watching, because they can't play the game, but are interested in it. However, two weeks can be a very long time and I bet there will be some people, who've seen so much of TWWHD that they suddenly lose interest in it when it gets released... xD

The Wonderful 101 releasing 3 weeks earlier everywhere else was worse. Zelda will always retain a level of hype.

The main appeal of this are the new looks and the new changes. But in two weeks you've probably seen enough of it already... People from the US are already uploading their Let's Plays and walkthroughs and people in Europe are watching, because they can't play the game, but are interested in it. However, two weeks can be a very long time and I bet there will be some people, who've seen so much of TWWHD that they suddenly lose interest in it when it gets released... xD This might sound ridiculous, but trust me, Nintendo didn't try to alienate Youtubers without a reason.

for the first time ever, i'm glad it's delayed in europe. I would have bought the digital version today and retail later otherwise. This way i just get retail on october 4th.
Boo nintedno now, but yay! later when i've saved £40.

Squishy3

I almost want to buy the digital version, but I ordered the Ganondorf figure bundle. :( This wait is going to be painful.

The Wonderful 101 releasing 3 weeks earlier everywhere else was worse. Zelda will always retain a level of hype.
This is so true, it was so hard to not click all the spoilers in the OT from all the European players. The wait was 100% worth it though.

Top Bottom