• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD |OT| Tingling with HD excitement...only 398 Rupees

Gummb

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about Rayman Legends Wii U.
Well... nevermind that then hahaha. Sounds like a pretty sweet experience, I'd love a good excuse to unplug from all this technology for a while. Those moments when you suddenly realize you've got your laptop open, TV on, music playing and 3DS running simultaneously, and you stop to reflect on what the hell your life has become. Good luck man!

Thank you! Hopefully i'll be placed in Belfast, Northern Ireland. It should be incredible, and I'm excited to get my training. Plus, you're right, it's good to get some 'perspective' every once in a while. :)

Yikes, that is a sticky situation... well, if it makes you feel any better, I took the double-dipping plunge and blew my gift card even though I'm clearly playing through Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and New Super Luigi U right now, so you're probably making the right/rational decision. Especially if you'd have to actually pay for it twice!

Haha, I guess. You have a great time playing though, ok!? Play strong for me! :p

knkng

This has to be the most crisp, vibrant game I've ever seen on my life.

Yeah, played a bit and am pleasantly surprised. When you first see Aryll come out of the house I thought "Oh god, the bloom is terrible", but after playing a bit it's mostly just prominent in the background (around the skyline). Looking directly at Link as you play and the area immediately around him I don't really notice it at all. The visuals are incredibly crisp, as you said.

Also enjoying running around Outset Island in first-person view. Gives an interesting perspective to the game.

linko9

Wait... the sound doesn't come out of the gamepad? What? This is the first Wii U game I've encountered that does this. I just want to listen to the game on my headphones! Am I missing something?

people that are playing the game can you confirm that it is indead 30fps just wanna clear up the confusion for some people as i wont be able to download the game till tomorrow morning.

Fandangox

people that are playing the game can you confirm that it is indead 30fps just wanna clear up the confusion for some people as i wont be able to download the game till tomorrow morning.

It is 30FPS. It was always going to be this. They weren't going to redo the animations.

Castcoder

Banned
The download was surprisingly decent. 30 minutes or less. Very reasonable. I love the midnight launches Nintendo has, especially this early release!

Wow I totally forgot about this game coming out today. Downloading right this second. Playing this, KH HD, and GTA V is some quality gaming.

raschi

It is 30FPS. It was always going to be this. They weren't going to redo the animations.
The PAL version of Wind Waker could run in both 50Hz and 60Hz. Are you saying Nintendo made separate animations for these two modes, and not keyframe animations?
Framerate shouldn't matter.

MarkusRJR

Watching cosmo's stream and there's already been a part where there was major pop-in (on his way to Dragon Roost) and two points where the frame rate took a seemingly big dive (fighting Gohma and killing the enemies on the Deku Tree). Hopefully this isn't indicative of the rest of the game.

Astra

I just played for half an hour or so to check it out. So far it's looking great. It's been awhile, I missed this game.

"OIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII"

CoolS

I really don't get why Europe doesn't get this game yet. There is virtually NO reason for them doing this.

Yes I'm just jealous but I would love to know why they did this.

Eusis

there is sound. im playing it right now. ????
Either you're playing Off-TV or you're thinking of sound PERIOD rather than full game audio, because if you're playing on the TV you only get full audio there.
The PAL version of Wind Waker could run in both 50Hz and 60Hz. Are you saying Nintendo made separate animations for these two modes, and not keyframe animations?
Framerate shouldn't matter.
May well be the cost for 1080p, Monster Hunter doesn't LOOK significantly more high end yet that's usually around 30 FPS.

On a related note, this game just reminded me of that whole "feel of 60 FPS" crap with DmC. Well, this game certainly nailed that better than DmC did, though it probably helps it has a simpler visual style and we were all coming off of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask which absolutely did not run at 30 FPS.

masud

Banned
I really shouldn't buy this. I just beat SS about a month ago. And I'm playing through Oot on 3DS right now. I don't want to Zelda myself out. I'm probably gonna buy it though... :(

oatmeal

Banned
I really want to see a redo of Skyward Sword with normal controls and improved game design like this (removing a lot of the bullshit that ruins that game).

It would look insane.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
I really want to see a redo of Skyward Sword with normal controls and improved game design like this (removing a lot of the bullshit that ruins that game).

It would look insane.
How enjoyable is the hero mode, does it make a difference?

oatmeal

Banned
How enjoyable is the hero mode, does it make a difference?

I got hit twice in Forsaken Fortress due to my old habits with the game. And then I was terrified.

When I got to Windfall, I was running around and couldn't find ANY health. I couldn't buy a potion because I didn't have a bottle. Eventually I did a little side quest and got a heart container, but I was really wondering how the hell I was going to fill up.

This might be the absolute best I've ever seen a game run at 30fps. Usually it can irritate my eyes, but this it's so damn smooth that I actually don't care that it isn't 60fps. That shit just doesn't happen with me. I don't know what it is, but damn it's so buttery. It doesn't seem like anything is "missing", if that makes sense.

Seik

Banned
God damn.

All those shots in Miiverse, only thing I can say now is that I'm fucking jealous of all of you who have it already. October 4th...shit.

plz, moar pics. D:

Mistle

Maaan... as an Australian who ordered the UK SE, I have to wait an extra long time for this. Going to be tough.

Luckily I have Pikmin 3 to tide me over.

Just picked up the sail and left Outset. That's it for me tonight.

Spent a LOT of time just running around and... looking at stuff. Haha.

The game is absolutely gorgeous. I want a new Zelda in this style, or one similar to it.

CLBridges

I'm leaving work in about 45 minutes and hoping Walmart may have received and stocked some of the WWHD WiiU's. I want to go ahead and get everything setup before I go to bed, but may have to end up waiting for Best Buy. Either way, I look forward to playing WWHD this weekend.

Wait... the sound doesn't come out of the gamepad? What? This is the first Wii U game I've encountered that does this. I just want to listen to the game on my headphones! Am I missing something?

that's disappointing, i really like using the gamepad's headphone socket instead of my tv's. why would they not allow this?

TourianTourist

Neo Member
This might even hurt sales in Europe, because in two weeks the internet is flooded with this game, everyone has seen extensive Let's Plays on Youtube, etc. People here might lose interest, because they have seen everything new already.

In times of Youtube mass consuming internet Nintendo really cannot afford to release their games two weeks apart in English speaking regions.

Top Bottom