• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD |OT| Tingling with HD excitement...only 398 Rupees

GulAtiCa

Game is really awesome! Downloaded it last night and really impressed. Just wish I could invert the right stick for vertical. oh well.

Also, picked up a Wind Waker HD bundle. That gamepad looks very awesome in person.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
I can't wait for this game, happiness on a disc.

How about the miiverse bottles, is the feature activated already?

I've been playing the game for quite a few hours.

I wasn't so glamoured in the Gamecube years with the game - I think the concept didn't really excite me back then. But now, oh boy, I feel so in tune with the game.

This is one of the best remakes I've ever seen in my life.

Exile20

Game is really awesome! Downloaded it last night and really impressed. Just wish I could invert the right stick for vertical. oh well.

Also, picked up a Wind Waker HD bundle. That gamepad looks very awesome in person.

Interesting that it looks great in person, people were bitching about it in pics. Glad to hear.

Anybody know of any reviews of people who are new to the game entirely? I'd be curious to read those as opposed to those of people going back to the game.

Coconut

Banned
Anybody know of any reviews of people who are new to the game entirely? I'd be curious to read those as opposed to those of people going back to the game.

The gamexplain review is from the perspective of someone who didn't like the game the first go around.

Calamari41

41 > 38
This game is absolutely gorgeous in person on a big screen. It's amazing how much more important art style and resolution are than pure number of polygons. This is making me incredibly excited for more Gamecube remakes.

TourianTourist

Neo Member
Are you sure?
Well, stuff like the Legendary Pictographs or the postion of the Ghost Ship depend on the moon phase. So, I thought this was also being the case with the auction house prices as well.

But apparently this is not the case... or I couldn't find any info about it.

spookyfish

Downloading now. Can't wait.

Sweet. Pairing a second tablet to the Wii U is really easy. Now when (if) they make a two-tablet game, I'm ready!!

I'll be waiting a while, right?

Downloading now. Can't wait.

Sweet. Pairing a second tablet to the Wii U is really easy. Now when (if) they make a two-tablet game, I'm ready!!

I'll be waiting a while, right?

Wait..what? You can now use either Gamepad to operate the system? Surely not both at the same time, right?

D-e-f-

Banned
That's why I got it (though I got the Nintendo Land bundle, cause I'm getting this game when the retail copy hits).

Good on you for not missing out on Nintendo Land. Screw the "lol@minigames" crowd. It's an amazing game that shows off the Wii U beautifully.

Revven

I stopped playing just before you have to go to Forest Haven. May go back to it tonight but iunno, it's hard to balance playing *three* games here. (W101, WWHD, and GTAV)

I'm, of course, loving it. The open seas look SO MUCH NICER.

jmls1121

Banned
This game is absolutely gorgeous in person on a big screen. It's amazing how much more important art style and resolution are than pure number of polygons. This is making me incredibly excited for more Gamecube remakes.

Its making me more excited for nintendo's future first party games

I'll be buying and downloading once I get home tonight.

Which is best - tablet or pro controller?
Tablet, of course. I'll never understand this question, I mean, if we were talking about Wiimote vs pro then I would understand it because one has things that the other lacks, but the "tablet" has everything the pro has, plus a nice screen for the interface and some gyroscopic controls than the other lacks.

Hiccup

Banned
Tablet, of course. I'll never understand this question, I mean, if we were talking about Wiimote vs pro then I would understand it because one has things that the other lacks, but the "tablet" has everything the pro has, plus a nice screen for the interface and some gyroscopic controls than the other lacks.

I'm using the Pro Controller since the damn Tablet screen can't be turned off. Plus I was able to get a new black pro controller for $21

I'm using the Pro Controller since the damn Tablet screen can't be turned off. Plus I was able to get a new black pro controller for $21

I can understand wanting to turn off the screen when it's doing nothing but mirroring the game like in NSMBU, but why would you want to limit the added functionality that it brings in a game like this?

NeeL

Neo Member
Well....
If you complete the Game in the Gamecube version, it gave you the option to replay the entire game in Links pyjamas.
Woah! I didn't know that. I have a GC version, but never beat it. And it got nothing to do with the game itself. It's gorgeous.

spookyfish

Wait..what? You can now use either Gamepad to operate the system? Surely not both at the same time, right?

No - it won't let you use both. But you can fire up the system and then pair the new gamepad. I thought it would be harder than that. The old gamepad said "Another pad has been synced."

For some games, AC3 and Black Ops 2 I prefer the pro with the gamepad close. But it is really a close call, the gamepad is great, and for this game, gamepad all the way.

can anyone please confirm that i can't listen to the game by using the headphone socket on the gamepad.
someone said that you can only do this with off tv play.
is this true?

Top Bottom