• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD |OT| Tingling with HD excitement...only 398 Rupees

Oh man, facing the same issue as I am sure a lot of you are. I want this right now so damn bad, but I want the freaking box art too. This is my favorite 3D Zelda game, and I can't wait to five into it once more. What's a Zelda fan to do?

I have the same issue, and I caved on the digital version even though I'm already playing Kingdom Hearts 1.5, New Super Luigi U, and The Last of Us. I probably shouldn't have, but I'm going out of town before the physical release and wouldn't have been able to play it until mid/late-October, and I... didn't want to wait that long to play this. So I get to play it before I leave, and my physical copy will be waiting for me when I get home! If you've only got to wait until October 4th, it MIGHT be worth holding out, but then again maybe not, as it is The Wind Waker HD. Also bear in mind that I had a gift card to use, so I'm not actually spending $100 on buying the game twice... if I had to, that might have affected my decision. Either way, though, I totally feel your pain. ;) Let us know what you decide to do!

can anyone please confirm that i can't listen to the game by using the headphone socket on the gamepad.
someone said that you can only do this with off tv play.
is this true?

Someone else already answered this, but I figured I'd corroborate it: it's true. The game audio only plays through the GamePad when you're using off-TV play. It's really a shame, as I love how Wii U games sound when I hear them through both the TV and the GamePad at once.

The audio is only mirrored for the intro cutscene and the title screen. :(

Hyoukokun

Damn, I've died TWICE in Dragon Roost on Hero Mode.

No hearts makes a huge difference when you are at a point where you can't get potions (first bottle is given to you here...but as far as I know, there aren't any potions...).

Once you get a couple more heart containers, it gets easier...Skyward Sword was like this, too.

Or maybe I suck.
I'm at this point, too. I keep hoping for a fairy to pop up somewhere, but they're pretty rare at this stage in the game. Considering sailing back to Windfall Island to buy a health potion.

oatmeal

Banned
I'm at this point, too. I keep hoping for a fairy to pop up somewhere, but they're pretty rare at this stage in the game. Considering sailing back to Windfall Island to buy a health potion.

You can't until you've learned the song AFTER DR is finished.

I've got the grappling hook, I just need to fight Moldorm.

I'll just beat it and then get my shit together.

Are there any fairies at all?!?

balohna

It's probably as good a place to start as any. Just bear in mind that it is one of the easier and less content filled Zelda games. By far the most striking visually, in my opinion, made all the more so by the upgraded graphics in this version.

Maybe I'm misremembering, or maybe it was just all the sailing time, but I remember the game feeling HUGE with SO MUCH to do. Taking pictures of every enemy to make dolls out of them, for example.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Maybe I'm misremembering, or maybe it was just all the sailing time, but I remember the game feeling HUGE with SO MUCH to do. Taking pictures of every enemy to make dolls out of them, for example.

Yes, there is a ton to do as far as world exploration and side quests and such, but I was speaking mainly about the dungeons and main story. I should have clarified.

Hyoukokun

Does the boat prevent you from using the song (or sailing, period)? I've already learned the song. If it just prevents me from using it I could always wrap around the map...

oatmeal

Banned
Does the boat prevent you from using the song (or sailing, period)? I've already learned the song. If it just prevents me from using it I could always wrap around the map...

Oh, you've learned the song? I thought you had to beat the dungeon first.

in that case you're fine.

Cess007

Man, i still have 45 mins left until i leave work and i already have my WiiU + Zelda at my side waiting to be hooked at my TV. Why time has to pass so slow :(

gholas

Banned

I know that you can get the wind song before you beat DR. But I don't know if the KORL will let you sail back to windfall to get a potion or not. I just died like four times in a row on the boss of the forest temple in hero mode. It ain't easy.

sphagnum

Banned
Never played zelda , is this a good one to start with? Also, 60fps?

It's one of the easier Zeldas so it's a good place to start with if that's a concern. It's a fantastic game either way and you don't actually have to know any of the story before going in, even though this takes place near the end of the timeline (well, one of the timelines).

HeySeuss

I have to stop everywhere I see a message in a bottle. Such a simple little addition is so addictive. Seen some pretty funny selfies.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Is this the bundle to jump in on? Thinking of picking this up over the weekend.

Seems that way. Also jump in on the Target Buy 2 Get 1 Free deal on right now if you can. Also MH3U is half-price on the eShop this weekend. Helluva time to get a WiiU

Never played zelda , is this a good one to start with? Also, 60fps?

30fps - just by the nature of how the game was originally animated.

That said, it's a totally fine place to start with the franchise. It's not as dense or challenging as something like OOT or Majora's Mask, but it's by far one of the most charming.

All you really need to know is that this takes place a fair bit after Ocarina of Time. You don't even need to know what that really entails. It just does.

oatmeal

Banned
I have to stop everywhere I see a message in a bottle. Such a simple little addition is so addictive. Seen some pretty funny selfies.

Yeah absolutely. I was heading to DR and saw a floaty...no idea waht it was, hit it and had the little icon in the corner.

I was super excited and all it said was "Andre was here". Cool.

You can play TP with a pro controller?
When playing Wind Waker HD with the Pro controller, you dont have a TP style qucixk select wheel.

And to answer your question, Wii version of TP is not playable with a pro controller.

Also would have been nice to be able to read the letters in the Gamepad, since it would fit with what Link is doing on screen XD

silks

Waiting on Newegg to ship the bundle. I hope they didn't take the pre-order with no knowledge of whether or not they'd have it in stock.

Oh wait that would never happen rite? Ugh

jtkauff

Sold out a long time ago from what I understand.

Correct, I believe US copies lasted for 5 days of pre-orders and Canada only lasted a day. Don't know about EU.

I suppose there is a slim chance for in-store copies day-of, but the physical copy isn't out for a few weeks still, just digital for now.

Waiting on Newegg to ship the bundle. I hope they didn't take the pre-order with no knowledge of whether or not they'd have it in stock.

Oh wait that would never happen rite? Ugh

Glad I'm not the only one in this situation.

dkeane

Played through the first section. Wow it looks beautiful! Having some flash backs from when I originally played it. It's been so long. Can't wait to play more.

It really sucks knowing that people are getting to enjoy this amazing game right now while I can only sit here and wait. The temptation to download a digital copy is strong but I refuse to double dip when in just a few weeks I will have my Ganon statue. This will probably end up being the one game that can justify my Wii U until the true Zelda Wii U comes out. Well heres to waiting. And to everyone that has the game already I hope you're enjoying one of the top Zelda games ever. And if it is you're first time you are definitely in for some treats.

Not sure about 100% completion, but beating Hero Mode yielded nothing. Even without dying and completing the game on Second Quest.
Ah, oh well. Self satisfaction be mine!

Same, and they each have such wildly different controls. It's very hard to master both.

TWW will be mine this October. Boxed copy for sure.
Yep. I actually attempted to draw a wonder circle around a dried up bomb plant before I realized what I was doing lol

Calamari41

41 > 38
I've been playing this stupid game all day. I haven't had this much fun with a Zelda game since Wind Waker.

Seriously though, this game has rekindled my love of Zelda. I'm straight up hoping that the new Wii U Zelda uses the same art style (cool it on the bloom though)

Got through the first dungeon (I guess its the first..the Dragon one, not sure if the stealth one is considered a dungeon or not) and this game is making me really regret not owning a gamecube.

Although I'm sort of glad im experiencing it for the first time with the deluxe version and huddled around a shitty 2003 CRT tv. Regardles, I bet this game looked amazing in 03 because it looks pretty damn good now.

Got through the first dungeon (I guess its the first..the Dragon one, not sure if the stealth one is considered a dungeon or not) and this game is making me really regret not owning a gamecube.

Although I'm sort of glad im experiencing it for the first time with the deluxe version and huddled around a shitty 2003 CRT tv. Regardles, I bet this game looked amazing in 03 because it looks pretty damn good now.

Yes even back in the day this game looked amazing. It contains some of the best character animations of any Zelda game. The cel shaded just let them really portray emotions on the characters through over exaggeration without coming off as cheesy. Easily the best in the series when it comes to that.

Yes even back in the day this game looked amazing. It contains some of the best character animations of any Zelda game. The cel shaded just let them really portray emotions on the characters through over exaggeration without coming off as cheesy. Easily the best in the series when it comes to that.

I'd love to see a new Zelda game in this style that's a modern throwback to the original with a cel shaded link that looks like this:

1367258803606.gif

I'd love to see a new Zelda game in this style that's a modern throwback to the original with a cel shaded link that looks like this:

1367258803606.gif

From my impression I believe that is what they are trying to accomplish with A Link Between Worlds. And honestly just from the videos I don't know how I feel about its look. But I am sure that it will grow on me.

I think the one character in this game I don't look forward to seeing in this game is the little kid that would follow you around with the snot coming out of his nose. He always grossed me out.

Well shit. This thread convinced me to buy the game even though I have very limited gaming time and I just bought GTAV earlier this week.

After I bought it and realized you don't get any benefit to purchasing it earlier than the physical release date and you get a much more fragile copy (as I assume it's solely linked to your Wii U), I wondered why they don't give any benefit. A small monetary discount or even an in-game item would be a great incentive and bonus to buying it early instead of feeling neglected as it is now.

LOCK

So it just so happens that I was asked to go to Gamestop today, and guess what I see behind the counter...the WW bundle.

I bought the bundle even though I already have a Wii U and have paid off the Collectors Edition game. :(

Top Bottom