• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD |OT| Tingling with HD excitement...only 398 Rupees

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I've heard so many stories about how it's impossible to get refunds on the eshop, and here Ce-lin just casually drops the bomb about how easy it is. You learn something every day! :)

I'll remember that next time something I buy there don't rub me the right way.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Are you actually able to refund?

If you can, I am going to kick my own ass for not refunding Lego City Underground or whatever. bought it digitally...played it for about an hour...not my cup of tea.

Not that I've ever heard. The guy is trolling.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Am I wrong in thinking he can't be the only one lying to troll threads? That's quite sad, and I hate to have such doubts.

D-e-f-

Banned
Are you actually able to refund?

If you can, I am going to kick my own ass for not refunding Lego City Underground or whatever. bought it digitally...played it for about an hour...not my cup of tea.

I don't think they'd operate on a "eh, didn't like it now please give me my money back" system.

"I didn't like this ice cream but I ate it anyway. I would like a refund."

And yes, Nintendo monitors your digital purchases, for those who are wondering.

Kard8p3

It's already been covered but you can't get a refund on games you download from the eshop. If you could we would've known about it months ago.

BY2K

Membero Americo
You too? Please point out where I EVER said Wind Waker was a shit game.

If I hated this game, I wouldn't even waste my time criticizing the visuals, because I wouldn't care. The truth is, I love Wind Waker. It's one of my favorite games of all time. I think they totally botched the visuals in this new version.

I do however, still love the game, I'm still enjoying my playthrough in hero mode, and the new gameplay tweaks (swift sail) are great.

I misinterpreted. Sorry.

I will disagree about the graphics, though. I think the HD version looks fantastic. Bloom and all.

I got a full refund for the game today, thankfully the game states it's a complete "overhaul" in HD of the 2003 classic, but the framerate is atrocious for some HD remake, the original performs way better, I'm not going to pay full price for a botched job, if it's the Wii U CPU or whatever hardware issue it's not my problem, advertisement says complete overhaul, but performance is terrible (by my standards when we are talking about a remake of a game published in 2003). This my opinion and my personal instance on this matter, please don't die or make a drama out of it, opinions... I rate the original better than this remake just on better framerate, am I wrong am I right, who knows, but it's personal opinion, not trolling.

can anyone here please explain to me how he got a refund, how is that possible?
I thought the game was only out on the eshop, and i didn't realise that you could get a refund if you didn't like the game.
If he is just pretending and trolling isn't that ban-worthy?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
can anyone here please explain to me how he got a refund, how is that possible?
I thought the game was only out on the eshop, and i didn't realise that you could get a refund if you didn't like the game.
If he is just pretending and trolling isn't that ban-worthy?

no you can't
it is, you can't get a refund through the eshop
probably

BY2K

Membero Americo
The only framerate issue I encountered was when those big round flying things come flying near you in masses. Every other framerate hiccups were already in the original which as crazy as it is, Nintendo may have not fixed because it was "part of the game".

canocha

The only framerate issue I encountered was when those big round flying things come flying near you in masses. Every other framerate hiccups were already in the original which as crazy as it is, Nintendo may have not fixed because it was "part of the game".

Are you playing 1080p or 720p?

I would like to know if it makes a difference like in Batman.

Skilletor

So, I dislike 3D zeldas. I never played this game (this and Majora's Mask are the only ones I haven't tried), but always loved the artstyle. So I bit on this game since I'm impatient and wanted to play something on my Wii U.

I'm pretty much blown away by the style, the gameplay, the presentation. And no overly long introductory tutorial. I've played through most of the hidden fortress and I can't wait to play more.

I'm glad I took the plunge. I KNOW the zelda 3d games are quality, I just can't get into them, and I've been hoping for that gateway game that will make me appreciate them. Maybe this is it.

I got a full refund for the game today, thankfully the game states it's a complete "overhaul" in HD of the 2003 classic, but the framerate is atrocious for some HD remake, the original performs way better, I'm not going to pay full price for a botched job, if it's the Wii U CPU or whatever hardware issue it's not my problem, advertisement says complete overhaul, but performance is terrible (by my standards when we are talking about a remake of a game published in 2003). This my opinion and my personal instance on this matter, please don't die or make a drama out of it, opinions... I rate the original better than this remake just on better framerate, am I wrong am I right, who knows, but it's personal opinion, not trolling.
How did you get a refund? That's knowledge that could come in handy.

Anth0ny

So, I dislike 3D zeldas. I never played this game (this and Majora's Mask are the only ones I haven't tried), but always loved the artstyle. So I bit on this game since I'm impatient and wanted to play something on my Wii U.

I'm pretty much blown away by the style, the gameplay, the presentation. And no overly long introductory tutorial. I've played through most of the hidden fortress and I can't wait to play more.

I'm glad I took the plunge. I KNOW the zelda 3d games are quality, I just can't get into them, and I've been hoping for that gateway game that will make me appreciate them. Maybe this is it.

If you're looking for a 3D Zelda with no overly long introductory tutorial, look no further than Ocarina of Time.

If you can't tolerate N64 graphics/framerate, try the 3DS version. After you finish Wind Waker, that is =)

Skilletor

If you're looking for a 3D Zelda with no overly long introductory tutorial, look no further than Ocarina of Time.

If you can't tolerate N64 graphics/framerate, try the 3DS version. After you finish Wind Waker, that is =)

I just (last I played, which was probably a few months ago) beat the Forest temple in OoT. 3DS version is nice, but just doesn't hook me.

I keep buying and trying 3D zeldas, but my interest peters out. OoT is the longest I've played. I didn't get past the intro in Twilight Princess. Skyward Sword seemed really good, but I just got busy and didn't go back.

I'll be able to play this more because of offscreen TV play <3.

zroid

Banned
I was kind of like you, didn't enjoy any 3D Zeldas, and then I played Twilight Princess and suddenly fell in love. I've played them all now (except MM -- still waiting for MM 3D), and enjoyed them all. Wind Waker is admittedly my least favourite of the bunch, but most of the problems I had with it have apparently been remedied in the HD version, so I'm waiting to be blown away next week. :p

Plus WW was always the prettiest one so now that it's more palatable in other respects too... it could end up being my favourite overall!

Cess007

Wait, doesn't the HD version have a better/more stable frame rate?

Pretty much this:

I'm almost done with the game. I have only encountered a dip in frames when cannons are involved.

It has also happened to me when cannons are involved; however, there're certain parts in the game when you're attacked by several cannons and the framerate really drops a lot.
Anyway; there's a way to change the stick mapping when using bow/boomerang? I found totally wrong to Aim with the Right stick, more so when you need to aim fast while in battle.

Rehynn

Pretty much this:

It has also happened to me when cannons are involved; however, there're certain parts in the game when you're attacked by several cannons and the framerate really drops a lot.

So what the hell is this guy talking about, if the original was objectively worse?

How on Earth are you entitled to a refund just because Nintendo's definition of "overhauled" does not fit your own?

I've heard so many stories about how it's impossible to get refunds on the eshop, and here Ce-lin just casually drops the bomb about how easy it is. You learn something every day! :)

I'll remember that next time something I buy there don't rub me the right way.
Yep, dammit I wish Nintendo had achievements. I would buy every single game get the achievements then get my money back!

And NO.
One of the hidden benefits of tingle bottles is how you can share some of the more obscure model photos.

It's only way (and first time) I got Zephos & Cyclos..
Yes, pretty nice feature.

I did the side quest back at original release. Those times we had to do with no help from others, no confirmation of a good picture and a 3 foto limit XD
Wait, doesn't the HD version have a better/more stable frame rate?
Situations where the Wii U is doing some heavy overdraw seem to low the frame rate, i.e: some parts of Ghoma fight or when lots of canon bullets fly on the screen in ship battles.

Anteo

So playing this game, up to the part where I rescue tingle in hero mode.
It's a zelda game alright. It could be my goty really...
just realized i'm getting two zelda games this year

zroid

Banned
So playing this game, up to the part where I rescue tingle in hero mode.
It's a zelda game alright. It could be my goty really...
just realized i'm getting two zelda games this year

4 for me 'cause I'd never played the Oracles before :eek:

Shit! me neither, I forgot I droped Ages to start my WW run. So yeah actually 4. Wow.
Unless you already played seasons you just dropped the best of the oracle games right there. Next time biging with seasons and close up with ages.

Would really like to see a version of
The magnet Glove
in one of the big 3D console releases.

ryushe

You know when you think back fondly on a game you played years ago, one that you used to love and in your mind's eyes looks better than what really was?

For me this game is my mind's eye version of Wind Waker but real and playable.

BY2K

Membero Americo
They did some crazy stuff to the boss rematch musics. Puppet Ganon's too.

Any new Zelda easter eggs btw? OoT 3D had some...

Eusis

better but I still wouldn't call it good

they added bloom and ruined the look of the most beautiful game of all time. I will never understand why.
"Gotta make it look next(!?) gen!"

To be honest if they really wanted to flex bloom and other such filters they probably should've just done TP first afterall. That's a game where bloom's a natural fit, WW needs to have a more subtle approach to that if it has it at all.

Marjar

Banned
Honestly I feel like the complaints towards the bloom are unwarranted. The bloom is used appropriately considering the setting.

Only thing I don't understand is why everyone has luminescent eyes.

Eusis

You cant use the headphones while in TV mode....So how the F***! do you get a refund?
Get a Mixamp or find where the headphone jack is on your TV.

... Too bad Nintendo had to be a pain and not include optical on the system AND output something that won't be carried over Optical output on a TV. Funny how the usually budget concious Nintendo goes and demands expensive surround setups if you want to get surround rather than just sticking with a format everyone uses.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Watching this on Twitch... it's probably the best looking game ever. Seriously.

Top Bottom