• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD |OT| Tingling with HD excitement...only 398 Rupees

Please point out where I said I hated the game?

Criticizing the visuals = hating the game now. You've heard it here first!

I am unsure why you think you have to state something outright for others to infer it.

The changes made are clearly causing you pain and consternation, it is not quite the illogical leap you wish to paint it as that you are unhappy with the product and, considering the issue you keep harping on was known since the game's reveal, I was really curious why you took the plunge on something that plainly obvious.

That you took issue with my word choice instead of my question tells me all I need to know, really.

(mat)

I've only really noticed the bloom at the brightest point of the day. It's never bothered me in the least.

What I was afraid of was Link looking less cell shaded, and more like a 3D model (with proper shadows and such). My worries were put to rest, and it's neat how it kind of goes back and forth between both. Whenever you pick up an item from a chest, and Link holds it above his head, the lighting changes, and he looks more like a 3D model. But it works. I don't know. I can't explain it. Everything just seems to work.

Very impressed.

Matchew

This game is just beautiful. The bloom is only a problem during the day when outside and even then it still fits. Looks like a sunny day. I can't see how people can complain about the visuals. So clean.

Also playing this reminds that I like the regular button controller more compared to Skyward Swords motions controls. They weren't bad but Zelda feels better when I'm not fighting the controls from time to time.

Anth0ny

I am unsure why you think you have to state something outright for others to infer it.

The changes made are clearly causing you pain and consternation, it is not quite the illogical leap you wish to paint it as that you are unhappy with the product and, considering the issue you keep harping on was known since the game's reveal, I was really curious why you took the plunge on something that plainly obvious.

That you took issue with my word choice instead of my question tells me all I need to know, really.

Well you infered wrong. Did my posts really imply pain and consternation? Christ.

While the change to the art style bothers me, I'm still having fun with the game and it sure as hell wasn't going to keep me from buying the game.

But this is a neogaf ot so I guess any negativity or criticism of any kind for the game will get you labeled as a "hater".

To answer your question, I bought the game because, despite the unattractive art style change, underneath it all is a tuned up version of a game I truly love.

OmegaZero

Personally, I'm disliking most of the more "realistic" graphical enchancements, like how the skyboxes clash with the ocean. The game still looks great (and definitely better than the Gamecube version overall) but some features just seem like they were just shoved in with no thought behind them (like the ugly way Link is lit in shadowy areas).

Selfies are amazing though. Took a hilarious one of Link and the Ghost Ship the other day.

m.i.s.

Banned
I was playing that segment in off-TV mode >_>

It's just bad. Original game looks better in every way. Why did they have to mess with perfection? Why ; _ ;

Well, you're not the only one who feels this way. I like the changes they've made in respect of the pacing but I'd sooner have the original GCN version on VC than this redone abomination.

:-/

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Well, you're not the only one who feels this way. I like the changes they've made in respect of the pacing but I'd sooner have the original GCN version on VC than this redone abomination.

:-/
What are your favorite games on Wii U? You seem to always trash anything Wii U related, but there must be something you like about it, right?

oatmeal

Banned
My impression is...

GameCube had a more fluent art style, but the Wii U version is the better game. I'll take better game over Link looking claymation when he gets an item or walks to a local source of lighting.

Anteo

Downloading, now I expect post of people quoting me wishing they could play the game for the first time just like I'm about to do.

Not really, but it is my first time with WW and I'm really really lookign forward to it.

Ce-Lin

I got a full refund for the game today, thankfully the game states it's a complete "overhaul" in HD of the 2003 classic, but the framerate is atrocious for some HD remake, the original performs way better, I'm not going to pay full price for a botched job, if it's the Wii U CPU or whatever hardware issue it's not my problem, advertisement says complete overhaul, but performance is terrible (by my standards when we are talking about a remake of a game published in 2003). This my opinion and my personal instance on this matter, please don't die or make a drama out of it, opinions... I rate the original better than this remake just on better framerate, am I wrong am I right, who knows, but it's personal opinion, not trolling.

I got a full refund for the game today, thankfully the game states it's a complete "overhaul" in HD of the 2003 classic, but the framerate is atrocious for some HD remake, the original performs way better, I'm not going to pay full price for a botched job, if it's the Wii U CPU or whatever hardware issue it's not my problem, advertisement says complete overhaul, but performance is terrible (by my standards when we are talking about a remake of a game published in 2003). This my opinion and my personal instance on this matter, please don't die or make a drama out of it, opinions... I rate the original better than this remake just on better framerate, am I wrong am I right, who knows, but it's personal opinion, not trolling.

How is frame rate an opinion?

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!

I feel like when the second half of a post is a pre-emptive multi-line "don't attack me" diatribe, there may be something fundamentally wrong with the first half.

I don't mind a slight chug in framerate when things get crazy. Sometimes it adds to the drama.

That said, I haven't noticed any framerate issues thus far in either version. The excessive bloom is the only thing that has bothered me.

klier

How about that bloom Anth0ny?

LOL.

The bloom suits the tropical theme, what's wrong with people :D
The game looks absolutely stunning from what I have seen so far, and it will only get better when I see it on my own tv in 10 days!
How big is the download, anyone? I'm going digital like Pikmin 3.

So what are you going to spend that extra 50$ on?

D-e-f-

Banned

Holy crap. And the drama-queen award goes to ...

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

How is the frame rate an opinion?

Ce-Lin

60 fps ? drama queen ? I'm learning the hard way not to post again some negative stuff in a Nintendo thread, ok, the framerate is not rock solid 30 fps by any means, I expected something along the lines of Shadow of the Colossus remake, but not this. I posted some personal opinion and it was valid since the bad framerate is not my imagination, no need for funny stuff as the "drama queen award" here in a serious forum.

Holmes

You spent most of that post covering your ass and trying to justify something that you didn't really have to. So you got a refund. Big deal. Your choice.

D-e-f-

Banned
60 fps ? drama queen ? I'm learning the hard way not to post again some negative stuff in a Nintendo thread, ok, the framerate is not rock solid 30 fps by any means, I expected something along the lines of Shadow of the Colossus remake, but not this. I posted some personal opinion and it was valid since the bad framerate is not my imagination, no need for funny stuff as the "drama queen award" here in a serious forum.

You received the Drama Queen Award for the way you complained. Not because you complained.

zroid

Banned

I don't know why you're making such a big deal out of this. It's great that you got your refund!

And please don't pull the "Nintendo thread" card, that's pretty insulting,

.Anema

Really? In every way?
zlCfzRIemb0aLseNEh

zlCfzRIkS9I14BRtXK

I just can't agree.

Holy shit this pic is so random and so beautiful !! cant wait to replay it.

You claimed it was worse then the original's performace, otheriwse known as an objective claim. The 60 fps guy was actually giving you the benefit of the doubt on this matter so I don't know why you're lashing out at him.

Edit:

Can you let me know how to get a refund on a dd title? It could come in handy down the road.

Exile20

A refund? From the eshop? The retail version isn't out yet so how did you get a refund?

Did you call Nintendo and asked for it? hmmmmm.........

Nintendo has no account system and has no clue of your purchase so how did they refund you?

JDSN

Banned
Calling that guy a Drama queen is wrong. Now calling him a liar and pretending to own a game and troll about it ban-worthy.

D-e-f-

Banned
A refund? From the eshop? The retail version isn't out yet so how did you get a refund?

Did you call Nintendo and asked for it? hmmmmm.........

Nintendo has no account system and has no clue of your purchase so how did they refund you?

Great job. Keep spreading the misinformation.

oatmeal

Banned
Are you actually able to refund?

If you can, I am going to kick my own ass for not refunding Lego City Underground or whatever. bought it digitally...played it for about an hour...not my cup of tea.

Top Bottom