• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD |OT| Tingling with HD excitement...only 398 Rupees

CALS

Neo Member
I still can't believe they made the Pro controller without any motion options.

$50 for the pro controller is such a rip off. That thing is so bear bones it is ridiculous. It is comfortable and nice but it should be $35. It has nothing in it.

I agree too, WTF at no motion.

$50 for the pro controller is such a rip off. That thing is so bear bones it is ridiculous. It is comfortable and nice but it should be $35. It has nothing in it.

I agree too, WTF at no motion.
Does it at least rumble and have gyroscope? If it doesn't have gyroscope how do you perform the extra jump in NSMBU?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I am not a fan of motion controls but aiming the ClawShot and even the bow is simple and beautiful with the motion control. With the claw shot I just tilt my gamepad upwards a bit and... TADA! Such simplicity :p!

FSLink

Banned
I am not a fan of motion controls but aiming the ClawShot and even the bow is simple and beautiful with the motion control. With the claw shot I just tilt my gamepad upwards a bit and... TADA! Such simplicity :p!

Makes me miss WiiMote+ Nunchuk controls. It feels badass using Clawshot/Hookshot and pointing at the screen.

Bradiculous

Neo Member
Not that it's going to deter me at all from the purchase but what's the quality of that Ganondorf statue if all it makes is a $10 difference?

Jackano

So, about those tingling 398 rupees... Any online retailer selling the US bundle and shipping to Europe?
Play-asia still don't have it in stock, neither in pre-order!

Skilletor

I really enjoyed this with the hookshot and bow and arrow on Oot for 3DS. I was surprised at how well it worked.

It does have rumble but no motion and not even a headphone jack. SMH.....

Running headphones through a controller would probably kill the battery life though if they had to stream audio too right? I need to get my headphones from my trunk today I keep playing zelda without headphones and I keep wishing I had them with me.

Running headphones through a controller would probably kill the battery life though if they had to stream audio too right? I need to get my headphones from my trunk today I keep playing zelda without headphones and I keep wishing I had them with me.
But that's how the 360 controller works.

I think Nintendo meant the Pro controller to be for player 2 and didn't expect people to want to use that instead of the gamepad.

rawktapus

It's such a small detail, but having the inventory and map always at hand on the gamepad is such a game changer. It feels so good to swap weapons and check the layout of a dungeon on the fly.

ASIS

Motion controls are at their peak when they are used subtly. Personally I enjoyed the sword combat in SS a lot (A LOT), but honestly I can also understand why people might prefer a more simplistic, digital approach. But when it comes to anything analogue, such as aiming, or 3D movement, they really offer a much better feel and alternative. I'm not surprised at all at the praise this is getting, now to wait for my copy.

Oooooh yeah. I just got my disc today from Amazon (came out today in Japan). I just popped it in my Wii U. I'm way too excited about finally getting this game :). And now, to Hyrule!

Edit:
zlCfzRIvYrgBKEKTma
My first pig hunt.

Edit 2:
Found one.

A refund? From the eshop? The retail version isn't out yet so how did you get a refund?

Did you call Nintendo and asked for it? hmmmmm.........

Nintendo has no account system and has no clue of your purchase so how did they refund you?
WoW!!! That's a trolling COMBO!!!
One for saying that he got a refund because the game performance was atrocious (as if we haven't seen tons of videos of it's locked 30fps) and the other spreading misinformation about the lack of an account system.

Look, I imagine that destroying Nintendo is such an important mission as to invest tons of time on it, but don't get yourselves too invested on it, it's better to simply enjoy videogames for what they are more than for who makes them.

massoluk

Banned
What's the deal with that frog thing in a cyclone? What am I supposed to do with him? I'm guessing I'm supposed to fight him with my boat or something.

massoluk

Banned
You're telling me you can hit the target in the middle of a cyclone with an arrow while a freaking bomb is useless.

Legend of Zelda's logic really amuse me sometime.

D-e-f-

Banned
Is it wise to buy this on the eShop or should I just wait?

Nobody can answer that for you. Do you want it now? Do you care about looking at a box on your shelf? Do you like not having two switch discs? You've waited 6 days already, do 8 more days really make a difference? You have to answer these questions yourself.

Cess007

As someone who never finished the original game release; the second half of the game is new to me.
So i spend like 40 minutes trying to find Makar in the quest to open the Temple of Wind; i'd seen the music coming from the waterfall but couldn't figure it out how the hell get it the cave behind it
I felt so, so dumb when i found out how u,u

Exile20

WoW!!! That's a trolling COMBO!!!
One for saying that he got a refund because the game performance was atrocious (as if we haven't seen tons of videos of it's locked 30fps) and the other spreading misinformation about the lack of an account system.

Look, I imagine that destroying Nintendo is such an important mission as to invest tons of time on it, but don't get yourselves too invested on it, it's better to simply enjoy videogames for what they are more than for who makes them.

I was being extremely sarcastic. I said that in a previous post and if you look in my post history you will know I am being sarcastic.

D-e-f-

Banned
I was being extremely sarcastic. I said that in a previous post and if you look in my post history you will know I am being sarcastic.

It's become impossible to detect sarcasm. Especially here, especially in Nintendo-related threads. We're drowning in trolls.

majik13

Does it at least rumble and have gyroscope? If it doesn't have gyroscope how do you perform the extra jump in NSMBU?

definitely no gyro, I thought it didn't have rumble either, but I could be mistaken. It is one of the most comfortable and lightest standard controllers though, and also has a whopping 80hr battery life. I dont think i ave even charged mine since I got it around launch. Though I hardily get to use it.

D-e-f-

Banned
definitely no gyro, I thought it didn't have rumble either, but I could be mistaken. It is one of the most comfortable and lightest standard controllers though, and also has a whopping 80hr battery life. I dont think i ave even charged mine since I got it around launch. Though I hardily get to use it.

Pro Controllers have rumble.

That sucks! The analog sticks are to loose, and I am so used to the invert Y axis. :(

I'm an "invert" myself :)

It's not an issue in Zelda games though. You didn't even have camera control in the N64 games or TP and SS on Wii. IIrc, WW-GCN only had zoom-levels on the Y-axis, right?

man inverting sticks should be a hardwired system level standard. I like how xbox does it. You can set default control options in the 360 system menu. And then all games pick up those settings.

Yes that would've been a cool solution.

This is one of my all time favorite games, and I can not remember struggling with the camera like this. The sticks on the Pro Controller are much tighter and have helped me a little, but it still sucks that I can not change it. I will adjust eventually I hope. The game is Gorgeous!

Skilletor

Just finished the first dungeon. Took me forever. Kept falling down floors in the lave. :(

Was a lot of fun, though I did have trouble with the camera in close areas. Especially vs. the boss.

I've been playing through Dragon Roost Island on hero mode. I died once so far but I have to say I completely don't get the people saying Hero mode is unfair (or annoying or whatever). The place where I died was right before I got to the rat holes. When I got back there I used bait and was offered to buy a red potion on my first try. I filled up on hearts and threw down some bait again. It took me two tries but I was offered a red potion again which is now in my inventory. You can buy bait from Beedle who is always circling the island. So just stock up on bait before you go, or leave and come back. It's a good system and certainly seems thought out to me.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I am the only guy that likes the Triforce hunt? I like how they streamlined it but I feel after the final dungeon, with all tools, I can go questing out like a mofo. Visiting island, getting hearts (that WiiU browser is a blessing!) while getting the Triforce and charting the whole seas. Having a blast just like when I was 14! BAM!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I am the only guy that likes the Triforce hunt? I like how they streamlined it but I feel after the final dungeon, with all tools, I can go questing out like a mofo. Visiting island, getting hearts (that WiiU browser is a blessing!) while getting the Triforce and charting the whole seas. Having a blast just like when I was 14! BAM!

The new Triforce hunt is really quick and easy, I really like how they fixed it up. It feels like regular exploration as opposed to an annoying side quest. I've actually had fun doing it, which is crazy.

oatmeal

Banned
Dear nintendo...

Make Wii U Zelda with this artstyle and the character art from Zelda 1's instruction booklet.

thanks in advance

I finally caved and bought the Limited Edition System Bundle just because I wanted that gamepad so bad, despite owning a Wii U already.

I didn't realize the game and Hyrule Historia weren't pre-installed, so I just loaded them onto my old Wii U (since you can't transfer content yet), and synced up the new controller to the old system. Now I've got an extra Wii U I'll toss up on eBay.

I blew $199 on the new system after some trades, so if I assume I was going to spend $50 on Windwaker and I was never going to play those games again, I'm really only out $149 for an extra Wii U. I'll probably list it on eBay or something and see what I can get. Or customize it and sell it for a little more.

Vibed

Aaand I just lost 3 and a half hours of playtime because I tried playing a youtube video. Not only can I not remember everything I did, but I got some good photos from bottles that I'll have to get myself now.

Link Man

Banned
Aaand I just lost 3 and a half hours of playtime because I tried playing a youtube video. Not only can I not remember everything I did, but I got some good photos from bottles that I'll have to get myself now.
Yeah, I've had a system freeze thanks to a YouTube video. Sucks, really.

Top Bottom