• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD |OT| Tingling with HD excitement...only 398 Rupees

D-e-f-

Banned
Holy shit. You REALLY can't invert the Y-axis??

Guess I'll never touch this game ever. How could they not option this?

I've said this many times before: this is not an issue. You need to think about it for a second. This isn't a third person shooter or Assassin's Creed. This is a Zelda game. In Ocarina, Majora and Skyward Sowrd or Wii-Twilight Princess you didn't even have camera control AT ALL. Iirc, Wind Waker-GCN only had zoom-levels on the Y-axis. I'm playing inverted myself so I'm right here with ya but this is absolutely not a (even mildly serious) issue here.

Downhome

I'm playing inverted myself so I'm right here with ya but this is absolutely not a (even mildly serious) issue here.

It is for me. I love the game, this is my only complaint with it, but it is a big one for me.

After years of playing the other way now, it's a pain in the ass. It is even worse that I'm going back and forth between this and GTA (which has the inverted camera).

Also, I'm still looking for that HD gif of Link in the canon near the start of the game as it's counting down. That would be awesome if someone could grab that for me. I need that in my life, lol.

Almost finished with this game now.

All I can think about now is Nintendo giving the same treatment to Twilight Princess.

I have the GameCube version so I can no longer play it, as my GC bit the dust and I replaced my Wii with the Wii U. Even if I did have the means to play it, it looks like total ass on HD televisions.

Do it, Nintendo. Do it.

looks like an early night tonight for me and hoping Mr Postman isn't too late tomorrow morning XD;

Really looking forward to playing Wind Waker again, it was the game that made me beg my parents to get me a Gamecube back in the day. Remember we got all the bits and bobs from Toys R Us, got home and....the 3rd party memory card we had was a PS2 memory card! But I was so keen to play that I started a file anyway and played most of the intro part of the game, before rushing over to the local blockbuster to get a real memory card.

Yonafunu

The Ganandorf figure is pretty cool. It's not very big, it's about a little bit above half the size of a WiiU disk case, but it looks nice. You can rotate the arms, which is a pleasant surprise. I wouldn't say it's extrmely high quality though, as expected. It's a little rough, especially some of the finishes.
I'm happy with it though.

EDIT:

Scratch that, you CANNOT rotate the arms. I repeat, you CANNOT rotate the arms.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
screw it - ordered from shopto for £40. hopefully it'll be here tomorrow or Saturday. Firing up dolphin was counter-productive. I'd anticipated having a free replay of WW in lovely HD on my nice PC. But instead it just made me want to play it through on my TV in the lounge, show it to my kids (my daughter will love it) and generally just give Nintendo more of my money for the same old shit :p

Qurupeke

The Ganandorf figure is pretty cool. It's not very big, it's about a little bit above half the size of a WiiU disk case, but it looks nice. You can rotate the arms, which is a pleasant surprise. I wouldn't say it's extrmely high quality though, as expected. It's a little rough, especially some of the finishes.

EDIT:

Wait, don't tell me you broke it. :eek:

Also, close up of it.

aFBIAhh.jpg

Timeaisis

EDIT:

Well, that escalated quickly.

I'm looking forward to my figure. I hope it was worth an extra 2 weeks wait. :p

Just got it delivered, curtains drawn, daughter sitting next to me, put the game into the machine and
painfully long mandatory install starts.

What the hell is with this machine?!?

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
For those in NYC, the Nintendo World Store is going to sell Wind Waker HD tonight at 8PM, with 200 copies of the Ganondorf figure.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I had almost forgotten how much I love Wind Waker music. And now it sounds better than ever!

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
It should be easy enough to patch in options for inverted Y and headphones while playing on tv.

Miiverse away!

Vargas

For those in NYC, the Nintendo World Store is going to sell Wind Waker HD tonight at 8PM, with 200 copies of the Ganondorf figure.

I wonder how the line is, I saw a video on vine and it looks like some people were already camping, though I saw a tweet that someone is already camping for Pokemon so I have no idea if it is the same line or what.

Spiderduff

I finally beat this game last night. I feel ashamed I let this get by me back when it came to the gamecube. Loved every minute of it.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
I finally beat this game last night. I feel ashamed I let this get by me back when it came to the gamecube. Loved every minute of it.
You are not alone, less than 5 millions played it.That's like 3% percent of people with a console nowdays.

Timeaisis

Has anyone gotten there Gamestop LE text message thing yet? I usually get them a day before a release comes out that I have pre-ordered but I haven't got mine yet for WW HD LE.

Evenbillybob

Neo Member
I broke down and ordered it today.

Danish postal service. Don't fucking fail me tomorrow!

Amen to that! Although I have never had a game delivered late.

I have never been a big Zelda fan, but for some reason I'm pretty hyped for this game.
It's always nice to have something to play on the Wii U.
Sorry if it already has been asked, but how long will an average playthrough take?

Sendou

So I may get this tomorrow but I have a few questions:

a) Is it possible to go for 100% with the first playthrough? (A bit weird question but I faintly recall that some statues weren't obtainable until you started your second playthrough in the original)

b) Is it possible to miss stuff on a 100% run?

c) If it is then is there a convenient list to check what stuff you can possibly miss?

Sorry if it already has been asked, but how long will an average playthrough take?

A bit less than the original.

So I may get this tomorrow but I have a few questions:

a) Is it possible to go for 100% with the first playthrough? (A bit weird question but I faintly recall that some statues weren't obtainable until you started your second playthrough in the original)

b) Is it possible to miss stuff on a 100% run?

c) If it is then is there a convenient list to check what stuff you can possibly miss?

a) I'm not 100% sure. I couldn't find one dude on outset after leaving, but that was probably just me. But it's certainly easier then before.

b)yes, very easy.

c) there's tons of FAQ's, the games a decade old.

edit:

Way too generous. My 90ish% run clocked in at 22hours.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Woo, shipped from Amazon.
The previous projected day to retrieval was the 8th and now it's the 5th; I hope it stays that way.

Top Bottom