• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD |OT| Tingling with HD excitement...only 398 Rupees

Kouriozan

Looks what I've finally got! :D

WWwu4rN.jpg

You're mine now, muahahaha!!

This is not a toy!

Excuse the sh*tty iPad camera :p

Ein Bear

Can I ask if anyone who ordered from ShopTo received their order yet?

Some parcels came here before... but I'm not sure they were delivered by the postman or not...
If it was, this is the first time EVER I havent had a game from ShopTo by release date. I wonder if Nintendo purposely sent the keyrings late to stop people getting it early... ha ha.
Well, luckily I can survive the wait, I'm finishing off Re-COM on Reverse/Rebirth, (Which I somehow enjoy a lot, I used to think of COM as one of the worst KH's and it still may be, but I can at least look at it now and say I enjoy it, where before I'd prefer to avoid it)

I believe ShopTo have a policy where they'll give you a fiver if they don't get a pre-ordered game to you on launch day. Might be worth shooting them an e-mail?

mrklaw

MrArseFace

Some parcels came here before... but I'm not sure they were delivered by the postman or not...
If it was, this is the first time EVER I havent had a game from ShopTo by release date. I wonder if Nintendo purposely sent the keyrings late to stop people getting it early... ha ha.
Well, luckily I can survive the wait, I'm finishing off Re-COM on Reverse/Rebirth, (Which I somehow enjoy a lot, I used to think of COM as one of the worst KH's and it still may be, but I can at least look at it now and say I enjoy it, where before I'd prefer to avoid it)

not received mine yet and the post has come. only preordered earlier this week, but it was only posted yesterday

Oh, but I got one major complaint about the game... it's about the sound. So, as usualy, I plugged a headset on the GamePad while playing on the TV screen. I launch the game. Oh boy, I love that title screen music. I also love that music during the intro. And then... paf. No more sound coming from the GamePad. Everything goes through the TV now, except sounds when using stuff on the GamePad (inventory and such).... But why? Why can't I have sound through the GamePad even while playing on the TV, like pretty much 95% of the Wii U games out there?... It's kinda annoying, since the sound coming from my TV is nowhere near as good as my headset. I hope it'll get patched somehow (I'm sure it's just something they forgot about), but I'm afraid that, by the time the patch is released, I'll already have finished the game.

I was afraid they were going to do this. :/

I've seen that complaint mentioned a couple times on GAF. It's certainly valid ant probably the easiest thing ever to be patched in. You should let Nintendo know that's a feature you want.

Or Nintendo could just realize there are various reasons people might want to use that feature, and implement it from the start of every game. I remember people complaining about it at launch. A year later and it still hasn't occurred to Nintendo.

FyreWulff

Urghh I don't like the sound of this. I thought it'd run super smooth :(

Going to take an educated guess:

Wind Waker HD is probably only using a single core. If it's true that there's a lot of instruction compatibility between the Wii U PPC and the GameCube PPC, I'd imagine Nintendo didn't rework the Wind Waker engine to be multithreaded. Which means physics, etc are all being done in the same core. Hence slowdowns.

ThankeeSai

My post has just been. No game. Not impressed.

First time ever that shopto have let me down....There's a first time for everything, I suppose :(

n64coder

Woo, shipped from Amazon.
The previous projected day to retrieval was the 8th and now it's the 5th; I hope it stays that way.

Damn. Mine is still in the preparing to ship stage. WTH. I preordered back in July. It doesn't do me good if it is the 5th because it is going to my office.

Oh, but I got one major complaint about the game... it's about the sound. So, as usualy, I plugged a headset on the GamePad while playing on the TV screen. I launch the game. Oh boy, I love that title screen music. I also love that music during the intro. And then... paf. No more sound coming from the GamePad. Everything goes through the TV now, except sounds when using stuff on the GamePad (inventory and such).... But why? Why can't I have sound through the GamePad even while playing on the TV, like pretty much 95% of the Wii U games out there?... It's kinda annoying, since the sound coming from my TV is nowhere near as good as my headset. I hope it'll get patched somehow (I'm sure it's just something they forgot about), but I'm afraid that, by the time the patch is released, I'll already have finished the game.

This is something I would really like a quick patch for.
I can't think of any other Wii U game that has that issue, wouldn't expect that oversight from Nintendo.

So pretty!

And damn is it conveniant uploading 720p screenshots and instantly post em on GAF. All on Wii u while the game is suspended!

jbsSL0DZBEIc0y.jpg

My ShopTo order arrived today. I was surprised they dispatched it Thursday instead of Wednesday to be honest. Hopefully it won't become a common thing as one of the reasons I like them so much is I always get pre-orders a day early (not including GTAV and now this).

LAA

My post has just been. No game. Not impressed.

First time ever that shopto have let me down....There's a first time for everything, I suppose :(

Yeah same for me. Luckily this time, honestly I havent been so hyped for WindWaker, and I still have Re-COM to beat, so I can forgive them this time.

I also read about this £5 compensation, but it seems it may only apply to people who had recorded delivery or have some way of proving it hasnt come...

LAA

My ShopTo order arrived today. I was surprised they dispatched it Thursday instead of Wednesday to be honest. Hopefully it won't become a common thing as one of the reasons I like them so much is I always get pre-orders a day early (not including GTAV and now this).

Oh so some people have got it. Hmmm.. Not sure the postman has been yet tbh, so I may walk into a surprise after I get back...
Cool some people have got it anyway

how do you do this? Ive seen others but didnt know how

When ingame hit the home menu.

Open the webbrowser.

Go to a site like imgur.com or minus.com

Select to upload a file.

Choose if you wan to upload a screenshot from gamepad or TV.

Upload!

When holding the stylus on the image a menu pops up.

Click on "Image preview"!

Now you should have the option to click on "Copy to clipboard"!

Click that. Browse GAF. Post :)

mikeyw85

Banned
Really was hoping Nintendo would go with aggressive pricing to try sell some systems. Was hoping for £29.99. Ah well, looks sweet all the same.

L~A

I was afraid they were going to do this. :/

Or Nintendo could just realize there are various reasons people might want to use that feature, and implement it from the start of every game. I remember people complaining about it at launch. A year later and it still hasn't occurred to Nintendo.

It certainly seems to be on a game to game basis, as none of their other Wii U games (Nintendo Land, NSMBU, LEGO City, Pikmin 3, TW101) have this problem. It's really annoying, as there IS sound coming out of the GamePad, but only when in menus... and on the title screen, menu and the intro video. It's really odd, it's not like there was no sound AT ALL when you launch the game, as it starts right after you chose your save file.

This is something I would really like a quick patch for.
I can't think of any other Wii U game that has that issue, wouldn't expect that oversight from Nintendo.

Only game I can remember is The Cave demo (dunno how it is in the final game, though). And as I've explained, I'm not sure it's an oversight anymore. Because there's sound coming from the game at certain moments. Really, really strange.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
About lack of headset while playing on tv:

Complain on miiverse, twitter or wherever there's a chance they'll pick up on it.

It should be easy enough to fix if they're made aware of the demand for it

georly

Leaving in 30 minutes to run errands... last of which is pick up wind waker HD. then I'm set for the day. Now to figure out what to buy for lunch/drink so I dont have to stop to make anything.

I'm thinking bagels, but i'd like something more zeldappropriate.

When ingame hit the home menu.

Open the webbrowser.

Go to a site like imgur.com or minus.com

Select to upload a file.

Choose if you wan to upload a screenshot from gamepad or TV.

Upload!

When holding the stylus on the image a menu pops up.

Click on "Image preview"!

Now you should have the option to click on "Copy to clipboard"!

Click that. Browse GAF. Post :)

Woah! I didnt know about that, that's awesome!

D-e-f-

Banned
Left Wind Waker downloading when I got up to get to work in the morning. Nice speeds too, I was getting it at 3Mb/s.

It's gonna be a nice way to start the weekend, when I get home!

I hope you were aware that you can turn the console off and it'd download and install in standby, yea?

tchaten

Neo Member
Can I get a rough estimate of how long this game takes to complete if you skip some of the side stuff?

I'm a newbie to Wind Waker and the Wii U version was my first time playing the game. I completed it in 36 hours and 15 minutes. That is with limited guide usage and some side quests and 100 percenting that map.

I'd say you could get through it in 28 to 30 hours. I finished the first half of the game at around the 15 hour mark by half I don't mean time wise, but story wise. The second half could be completed much faster, but I took my time with it.

Top Bottom