• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD |OT| Tingling with HD excitement...only 398 Rupees

Vibed

So I may get this tomorrow but I have a few questions:

a) Is it possible to go for 100% with the first playthrough? (A bit weird question but I faintly recall that some statues weren't obtainable until you started your second playthrough in the original)

b) Is it possible to miss stuff on a 100% run?

c) If it is then is there a convenient list to check what stuff you can possibly miss?

A bit less than the original.

a) Yes, everything is obtainable first time around.

b) Technically no. Only a dozen or two figurines are missable,but they can all be obtained through Tingle bottles, but that leaves it to luck. One figurine that was formerly permanently missable if you got every other one first isn't anymore.

c) Not sure but I'm sure someone else has an answer.

D-e-f-

Banned
So I may get this tomorrow but I have a few questions:

a) Is it possible to go for 100% with the first playthrough? (A bit weird question but I faintly recall that some statues weren't obtainable until you started your second playthrough in the original)

You can use pictures from Miiverse!

After the rather painful firmware install - Wow - this game is just next level. Obviously the cel shading helps but really felt (now hope) like this may be the end for jaggies. The visual fidelity is awesome - if I was being picky sometimes you can notice a pixelated white line at the edge of a door and same sort of line when water meets rock (this is worse from a distance). And also noticed some criminal pop-in on the seas. But man, dont get it twisted, on a 50 inch new plasma with LPCM surround it just is a joyous treat retreading those steps once again.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
30mn. I'm staying awaked to dl it so that I can wake up with the game tomorrow. Don't disappoint me with the midnight release Nintendo.

Already at 50%! This is faster than anything i downloaded off of Xbox Live. Its way over 1mb/sec close to 2mb/sec.

Looks like EU got a serious server upgrade!

*FACEPALM*

yeah forgot about that LOL.

Sry man, its another hour to wait for UK if its not up yet;)

w8i6ho2.gif

Shaldome

I am a bit giddy about starting my first Zelda game ever. Thankfully I have two weeks off and tomorrow and the whole next week to play this and some other games I barely touched.

Brera

Banned
The thread title has really put me off this game now.

I want to forget tingle ever existed. What the fuck were Nintendo thinking.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
What happened to the option for shutting down the console when a download is complete?

They changed how background downloads work. Now you actually just go ahead and turn it off, while something is downloading. It will then turn itself back on in a different mode, noted by a yellow power light. It'll download until complete, install, then power itself off. It's the mode it goes into when it checks periodically (defaulted to every 1 hour) for updates while powered off.

DekuLink

Got the game earlier today. It' so beautiful.

And after getting used to controlling the game with the gamepad I really love it. I like being able to control the camera while being able to reach the a button and press it to roll.

Ashler

Left Wind Waker downloading when I got up to get to work in the morning. Nice speeds too, I was getting it at 3Mb/s.

It's gonna be a nice way to start the weekend, when I get home!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
YAY! Limited Edition arrived. Figurine looks nifty. Just need to find a nice spot to display it. Will be a bit out of place with the Akari figures HA HA!

Out for most of the afternoon so I'll only be able to play for a bit before I leave, but I have the whole evening free.

Cosmozone

Got it! Pretty pleased how it worked out, I didn't preorder and was a bit late for someone to get it from the shop. There was only a single unit and it sit alone at a 3DS demo station in a mould where usually 3DS games displayed in the demo unit are put in. Yay! :)

L~A

Bought the game at midnight, and it was ready to be played when I woke up extra early this morning so I could play it before work :)

And one thing I wanna say straight away : damn, this game sure looks gorgeous. I remember trying to the game at E3, but I didn't really have the time to look closely. Seriously, I just love how vibrant the colours are, the world really feels alive. It's wonderful. I haven't played much... actually, I have, but I spent about an 1h on that damn/wonderful island, trying to do pretty much everything I could (even sending little piggies to drown in the sea, nyark nyark nyark). Therefore, I can't say much about the gameplay at this point... but being able to change direction while using a rope is NICE.

Oh, but I got one major complaint about the game... it's about the sound. So, as usualy, I plugged a headset on the GamePad while playing on the TV screen. I launch the game. Oh boy, I love that title screen music. I also love that music during the intro. And then... paf. No more sound coming from the GamePad. Everything goes through the TV now, except sounds when using stuff on the GamePad (inventory and such).... But why? Why can't I have sound through the GamePad even while playing on the TV, like pretty much 95% of the Wii U games out there?... It's kinda annoying, since the sound coming from my TV is nowhere near as good as my headset. I hope it'll get patched somehow (I'm sure it's just something they forgot about), but I'm afraid that, by the time the patch is released, I'll already have finished the game.

Chozolore

You know what makes me salty, premium pack buyers gets this and the deluxe console for £250, an ambassador deal would have been nice on this, for chumps like me.

Bought the game at midnight, and it was ready to be played when I woke up extra early this morning so I could play it before work :)

And one thing I wanna say straight away : damn, this game sure looks gorgeous. I remember trying to the game at E3, but I didn't really have the time to look closely. Seriously, I just love how vibrant the colours are, the world really feels alive. It's wonderful. I haven't played much... actually, I have, but I spent about an 1h on that damn/wonderful island, trying to do pretty much everything I could (even sending little piggies to drown in the sea, nyark nyark nyark). Therefore, I can't say much about the gameplay at this point... but being able to change direction while using a rope is NICE.

Oh, but I got one major complaint about the game... it's about the sound. So, as usualy, I plugged a headset on the GamePad while playing on the TV screen. I launch the game. Oh boy, I love that title screen music. I also love that music during the intro. And then... paf. No more sound coming from the GamePad. Everything goes through the TV now, except sounds when using stuff on the GamePad (inventory and such).... But why? Why can't I have sound through the GamePad even while playing on the TV, like pretty much 95% of the Wii U games out there?... It's kinda annoying, since the sound coming from my TV is nowhere near as good as my headset. I hope it'll get patched somehow (I'm sure it's just something they forgot about), but I'm afraid that, by the time the patch is released, I'll already have finished the game.
I've seen that complaint mentioned a couple times on GAF. It's certainly valid ant probably the easiest thing ever to be patched in. You should let Nintendo know that's a feature you want.

LAA

Can I ask if anyone who ordered from ShopTo received their order yet?

Some parcels came here before... but I'm not sure they were delivered by the postman or not...
If it was, this is the first time EVER I havent had a game from ShopTo by release date. I wonder if Nintendo purposely sent the keyrings late to stop people getting it early... ha ha.
Well, luckily I can survive the wait, I'm finishing off Re-COM on Reverse/Rebirth, (Which I somehow enjoy a lot, I used to think of COM as one of the worst KH's and it still may be, but I can at least look at it now and say I enjoy it, where before I'd prefer to avoid it)

KHlover

Banned
YAY, IT FINALLY ARRIVED.

Booted it up, HOLY SHIT DOES THIS GAME LOOK GOOD. It really is true, even the 1080p videos don't do this game justice.

Bye bye GAF, will see you on sunday again :p

Top Bottom