• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD |OT| Tingling with HD excitement...only 398 Rupees

reektann

Mine has arrived today from Gameseek. Feels weird getting a Wii U game - I only realised the other day I have a Wii U but no games. Can't wait to get into this.

Jackano

PAL #TWWHD get!
Dat HD, dat blur.

I'm pretty happy because it has been years since I wanted to replay the game after the two or three initial times (yeah, I had plenty of time back then when I was young!).

Also, the european miiverse community doesn't seems up since I got an error with the Tingle bottle and doesn't automatically access the community when starting miiverse while playing. Or was it a temporary error?

D-e-f-

Banned
booted up my eu retail. guess no miiverse pictures yet, but is there any way to get sound in headset connected to gamepad while playing on tv?

Why not use the browser and grace us with 720p shots!

As for the audio: no. Been talked about a lot here already. Can't do it unless you play Off-TV.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Let's do this!

iA6ndLdXwK54o.jpg

This game has such inconsistent lighting. It's really bad. I don't like the soft shadows on in-game models MIXED with cel-shading. It's contradictory.

Waiting to pick up my physical copy on Friday...
It may seem that way but it works incredibly well most of the time in game. There are moments were the mixture of the lighting and shadows breaks the effect and Link starts looking like Claymation but they're pretty infrequent. 99% of the time it feels like you're playing a Disney/Don Bluth movie :)

Sadist

Hnnnngggg maybe one, two days left. First thing I'm posting on Miiverse is throwing pigs from the cliff on Windfall Island. To bad I can't make a selfie with the pictobox, I'd totally would post a happy Link saying "hope you can swim pig"

Jackano

Hnnnngggg maybe one, two days left. First thing I'm posting on Miiverse is throwing pigs from the cliff on Windfall Island. To bad I can't make a selfie with the pictobox, I'd totally would post a happy Link saying "hope you can swim pig"

Try the big fat ass black pig. I've done it in 2003, worth the time carrying it to the bridge!

could someone check if the slowdown that occurs during some situations are present displaying the game on the gamepad?

Some little slowdown (ship and onion landing) in pikmin 3 aren't present on gamepad screen due to the lesser resolution.

Evenflow

Browsing my local Target today, found several copies of WWHD on the shelf (with that delicious foil cover), as well as the special Wind Waker Wii U hardware bundle. But I have my pre-order for the CE at gamestop, so reluctantly had to pass it up.
My target had it out as well, but the system wouldn't sell it to me, the street date popped up :(

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
could someone check if the slowdown that occurs during some situations are present displaying the game on the gamepad?

Some little slowdown (ship and onion landing) in pikmin 3 aren't present on gamepad screen due to the lesser resolution.

I just got into a cannon-heavy battle at sea and can confirm that there's slowdown on the gamepad.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
And... the Triforce quest is still annoying. I am glad that it was streamlined, but it's like putting good seasoning on bad food. It still tastes bad.

Link Man

Banned
Dumb question:

When you shoot bombs out of the cannon, the game seems to slow way down. Is this slowdown or a cinematic effect? Either way I find it really irritating, and it makes fighting the giant squid more difficult than it needs to be.

Why wouldn't you use the boomerang to fight the giant squid?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
How is this £50 on the eshop!? That's significantly more than pikmin 3, and this is 'just' a remake. I think £40 is bad enough online, but if hope that isn't indicative of Nintendo pricing for mario 3D world & kart.

PolyphonicBoy

Neo Member
I was just in touch with Shopto customer service. Seems they where waiting on the stupid free keyrings coming in today which has held up dispatching the games.

MegalonJJ

Banned
How is this £50 on the eshop!? That's significantly more than pikmin 3, and this is 'just' a remake. I think £40 is bad enough online, but if hope that isn't indicative of Nintendo pricing for mario 3D world & kart.

Pikmin 3 is (or at least at launch) 34.99 via download code from Game.

But yeah £50 for this is strange. I reckon Game will offer a download code for 44.99, but still, I thought Nintendo would target the 34.99-39.99 range for games. (Dat HD tax).

DeVeAn

I realize there are not many Wii U's out there. Why is this not a bigger deal? Are that many waiting for the retail version.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
It hasn't really launched yet, except for digital/bundles in NA

After playing through the intro and windfall island my initial impression is that the remake is really well done, it looks better but most importantly plays much better than the original! The small adjustment to controls and pacing are working wonders

I love it so far.

Dougald

Fantastic, my UK Wii U bundle just arrived a day early!

My question is.. as it's a digital bundle can I download the game on the UK eShop yet or do I have to wait until tomorrow?

Robin64

Fantastic, my UK Wii U bundle just arrived a day early!

My question is.. as it's a digital bundle can I download the game on the UK eShop yet or do I have to wait until tomorrow?

The code will work despite the game not being up for purchase.

Fabrik

Banned
It may seem that way but it works incredibly well most of the time in game. There are moments were the mixture of the lighting and shadows breaks the effect and Link starts looking like Claymation but they're pretty infrequent. 99% of the time it feels like you're playing a Disney/Don Bluth movie :)

I love the Claymation effect. I run near light sources on purpose :)

klier

Anyone knows of stores in the Netherlands selling early?

Will I be able to download it tonight midnight?

I NEED THIS GAME!!!

Maybe Amazon copies will come tomorrow after all. Mine is using overnight shipping and due Monday but they changed it to shipping soon last night.

LAA

I was just in touch with Shopto customer service. Seems they where waiting on the stupid free keyrings coming in today which has held up dispatching the games.

Ha ha!
So thats why their dispatch behaviour was a little unusual...

Well, I quite liked the look of the keyring and I think I can last the wait.

Speaking of ShopTo... was quite shocked with what I read on some review site... A lot of people saying the customer service were rude and unprofessional. One example I remember was them apparently "Thanking a customer" for taking their business elsewhere after this customer were asking them a simple question which ShopTo was saying he didnt know what he was talking about (Despite being on their site).
Was really shocked to hear that, not had a single problem with ShopTo and customer service I've had have been cool.

kubus

Anyone knows of stores in the Netherlands selling early?

Will I be able to download it tonight midnight?

I NEED THIS GAME!!!
Just got my text from Game Mania that I can pick up my LE. This means they're selling it now. Go go go go

kubus

YESSSSSS!!!

I AM GOING IN 10 MIN!!!
Lol, you have fun!

I have work in a few hours, AT the Game Mania, all the way until 10PM (thursday evening + teammeeting afterwards)... This means I'll be selling Wind Wakers all day to people who will be able to play immediately afterwards.... It's going to be torture :(. Especially with that LE sitting there, just waiting to be taken home by me... I'm gonna have to resist unboxing it at the store :(

This weekend though, is Zelda weekend. Fucking finally!

NickMitch

Got my copy this morning (sweden) and i played for about 30 mins. One thing is clear: THE CONTROLS ARE GREAT!!! Can´t wait for the weekend to come so I can devour this jewel of a game.

klier

Lol, you have fun!

I have work in a few hours, AT the Game Mania, all the way until 10PM (thursday evening + teammeeting afterwards)... This means I'll be selling Wind Wakers all day to people who will be able to play immediately afterwards.... It's going to be torture :(. Especially with that LE sitting there, just waiting to be taken home by me... I'm gonna have to resist unboxing it at the store :(

This weekend though, is Zelda weekend. Fucking finally!

Yes, got a retail copy in my hands right now. The disc looks awesome. FINALLY!!

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I realize there are not many Wii U's out there. Why is this not a bigger deal? Are that many waiting for the retail version.

I think so, yeah. DD sales are typically dwarfed by retail sales for Wii U or 3DS games. I certainly know I'm waiting.

Top Bottom