• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD |OT| Tingling with HD excitement...only 398 Rupees

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
My PAL copy arrived in mail today! :D awesomissimo

Dumb question:

When you shoot bombs out of the cannon, the game seems to slow way down. Is this slowdown or a cinematic effect? Either way I find it really irritating, and it makes fighting the giant squid more difficult than it needs to be.

Business

I have a question, is it possible to remove the Zelda stuff on the pad that comes with the console bundle? is it stickers I can choose not to put or it just comes like that?

bumpkin

I have a question, is it possible to remove the Zelda stuff on the pad that comes with the console bundle? is it stickers I can choose not to put or it just comes like that?
Better question: Why would you want to?

...and a bonus question; wanna trade GamePads? I have a black deluxe system with a plain non-Zelda-ized GamePad.

bumpkin

@bumpkin I think it ruins the pad that's all. Thanks for your offer but I'm not set on buying the system yet :)
Ah, well if you do and you're interested in trading, let me know!

I'd love the Zelda GamePad, just can't bring myself to buy another console for it. With Nintendo's lack of a formal account system and NNIDs being locked to their creation console, it's pretty much a complete pain in the ass.

Downhome

Would any of you guys have an animated gif of Link in the canon as it is counting down about to blow? I need that gif, in HD, in my life.

Vibed

Holy shit. Not only does the Pictobox hold 12, not only does it tell you if a photo is good for a figure, and not only can you get photos from the Tingle bottles...

But you can dump 12 photos onto the figure making guy and have all of them made in one. Fucking. Day.
GOTF.

What the fuck

I already have done 112 of them one at a fucking time.

CoolS

Got it early today here in germany. Yay me :)

The only thing I dislike so far are the "jaggy" (I don't have a better word for it) shadows. They seem a bit distracting so far.

LAA

UK GAF,

Anyone else's shopto order not shipped yet?

Very unusual for them :(

Ah glad someone posted this, I was going to.
Yeah same boat as me, nothing shipped yet surprisingly. Looks like it may be the first game I don't get from ShopTo before launch for a while :(
Don't slip your standards ShopTo!!!

Ordered with ShopTo last night after cancelling my GAME CE order. No delivery confirmation here too :/ sucks because a Thursday delivery gives me a full day to play but looking like that won't happen now. Sigh

ThankeeSai

Gutted. First time they've not got me my game early.

Kind of hoping (ok, clutching at straws) that they just haven't updated their website or something and we'll all wake up to a shiny, new copy of Wind Waker tomorrow....

Ah well....I can dream :p

Checked their twitter feed and there is no mention of a delay or anything. A few people have asked why orders haven't been processed, but they've had no replies as yet.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Dumb question:

When you shoot bombs out of the cannon, the game seems to slow way down. Is this slowdown or a cinematic effect? Either way I find it really irritating, and it makes fighting the giant squid more difficult than it needs to be.

People have reported that, yeah. But the canon was also like that in the original game.

I really have to believe it's an intentional effect. Why would something as basic as "shoot the canon" slow the game down so universally, while far more complicated effects don't?

Mr-Joker

Banned
A question for anyone who ordered at GAME, I ordered the Gannodorf collector edition but I had £5 on my reward which I used on this but it isn't showing up on the e-mail.

Please tell that GAME didn't stupidly charged me full price for this.

A question for anyone who ordered at GAME, I ordered the Gannodorf collector edition but I had £5 on my reward which I used on this but it isn't showing up on the e-mail.

Check your bank, mine charged my card minus my reward points so you should be fine.

LAA

For people who ordered from ShopTo, WindWaker is processing on ShopTo for me now. Guess it'll be friday when I get it.

Ein Bear

For people who ordered from ShopTo, WindWaker is processing on ShopTo for me now. Guess it'll be friday when I get it.

I know I can't grumble, since the game isn't actually out until Friday, but this is the first time ShopTo have ever failed to deliver a game to me on the day before release. Feel a bit dumb for taking tomorrow off work now.

LAA

I know I can't grumble, since the game isn't actually out until Friday, but this is the first time ShopTo have ever failed to deliver a game to me on the day before release. Feel a bit dumb for taking tomorrow off work now.

Ha ha I know what you mean.
Thinking about it... I can only think of one other time I got a game from ShopTo not a day early and that was Star Fox 64 3D, though for that I did pre-order quite late, so that may have been why.

Still love ShopTo though. The days extra are just a privilege, I expect release date at least.

ThankeeSai

Same for me.

I blitzed (and finished) GTA V story mode today in anticipation of having Wind Waker tomorrow. Ah well...

I'm just going to wait for a cheaper used copy of this. I refuse to give Nintendo my money on this one. They are simply overcharging for this and it is isn't fair to people like me who supported them by purchasing the Wii U.

You have to put in the amount of reward point monies you want to use up when you're on the payment screen.

Rootbeer

Banned
Browsing my local Target today, found several copies of WWHD on the shelf (with that delicious foil cover), as well as the special Wind Waker Wii U hardware bundle. But I have my pre-order for the CE at gamestop, so reluctantly had to pass it up.

LAA

I'm just going to wait for a cheaper used copy of this. I refuse to give Nintendo my money on this one. They are simply overcharging for this and it is isn't fair to people like me who supported them by purchasing the Wii U.

I agree with you there.
£40 seems too high for a HD remake really.

Though for me I've never played WindWaker and its a really a game I've been interested in and also I'm prepared for the possibility the graphics may blow my mind, ha ha.

Does anyone know if Game UK will be offering download codes? (Hopefully less than 49.99).

Codes will likely be in abundance. I know lots of people who want the bundle, but also want a physical copy of the game, so would be willing to sell the code.

I'm on the fence... mainly because I got rid of Paypal over a year ago. I've still got a couple of days to decide what I'll be doing with it though.

D-e-f-

Banned

Should've pre-ordered early. I'm paying 40 EUR and that's absolutely a great price for this.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
For those waiting for the physical release (god bless you, you have more patience than I do!), here's something to whet your appetite:

YA7fD3q.jpg

ibfxw9Vc2uaep1.jpg

ibdqgu0UKylGTO.jpg

iPcnRZb7rtG6k.jpg

imQM6y5iRVBd9.jpg

i0ULydM2txDPF.jpg

iIRFjaBZXosLf.jpg

jet1911

I don't know if it's an isolated case but I saw the game available to rent this afternoon at a Superclub Videotron (Quebec City).

munchie64

For those waiting for the physical release (god bless you, you have more patience than I do!), here's something to whet your appetite:
Truly hurts that I have to wait even longer lol. Will be my first time playing this, looks like it'll be worth the wait.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
booted up my eu retail. guess no miiverse pictures yet, but is there any way to get sound in headset connected to gamepad while playing on tv?

n64coder

I have it pre-ordered on Amazon and it is currently showing that it's expecting to arrive on Tues, Oct 8th. I hope they actually ship it out tonight so that I actually get it on Friday. Do you think they'll do that?

The Lamp

YA7fD3q.jpg

ibfxw9Vc2uaep1.jpg

ibdqgu0UKylGTO.jpg

iPcnRZb7rtG6k.jpg

imQM6y5iRVBd9.jpg

i0ULydM2txDPF.jpg

iIRFjaBZXosLf.jpg

This game has such inconsistent lighting. It's really bad. I don't like the soft shadows on in-game models MIXED with cel-shading. It's contradictory.

Waiting to pick up my physical copy on Friday...

LogicStep

I never played this one I'm really considering giving it a go, it looks beautiful. Is it good like the old Zelda games like LTTP? Or more like the newer ones (didn't like them).

Top Bottom