• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD |OT| Tingling with HD excitement...only 398 Rupees

Effect

NewEgg is currently packaging my copy now. Looking forward to this. I never finished Wind Waker. I think I played about half of it. I got it at a time I was busy with college and when I had free time over the summer was really into mmorpgs and I just never went back to it. So a large part of this game is going to be 100% new to me.

I'm a newbie to Wind Waker and the Wii U version was my first time playing the game. I completed it in 36 hours and 15 minutes. That is with limited guide usage and some side quests and 100 percenting that map.

I'd say you could get through it in 28 to 30 hours. I finished the first half of the game at around the 15 hour mark by half I don't mean time wise, but story wise. The second half could be completed much faster, but I took my time with it.

Thanks.

n64coder

Finally got the shipped notice from Amazon. Monday is the expected date. That blows. My last couple of orders were release date delivery (Wonderful 101 & Mario/Luigi Dream Team). Not sure why they couldn't do it this time.

Just as well since I probably don't have the time to play it this weekend.

Onikaan

Just started playing. It's magnificent.

Small problem. How do I make the audio come through the headphones plugged into my gamepad? I can hear the menu options when I touch the screen but I can't hear the game (TV?) sound. It worked fine with Pikmin 3.

CoolS

Just started playing. It's magnificent.

Small problem. How do I make the audio come through the headphones plugged into my gamepad? I can hear the menu options when I touch the screen but I can't hear the game (TV?) sound. It worked fine with Pikmin 3.

That's not an option unfortunately.

javac

Got my EU
Superior
limited edition! Can't wait to dig in later. My brother is hogging the TV at the moment but I'm all good. It's a Friday after all!

ThankeeSai

Being the impatient person that I am, I bought a copy from Blockbuster this afternoon ^_^

My shopto copy will be returned to the Blockbuster store tomorrow.

Game is glorious. Had a quick half hour or so earlier, can't wait to get stuck into it properly later tonight.

zroid

Banned
Nintendo does in game digital manuals now.

on 3DS they have been for a while, but this is only the 2nd Wii U game without a manual, as far as I know. The first was TW101.

Pikmin 3 had a physical, full-colour manual. ;_;

edit: Although even 3DS games include fold-out pamphlets. Wind Waker (and TW101) has nothing.

D-e-f-

Banned
Got my EU
Superior
limited edition! Can't wait to dig in later. My brother is hogging the TV at the moment but I'm all good. It's a Friday after all!

Err ... it's like we're in a Wii U commercial and they cut out the part where someone says "BUT NOW YOU CAN STILL PLAY YOUR GAME WITHOUT THE TV!" :)

Do you have to be friends with someone for the Tingle bottles to work? If so add me HollywoodDuo :)

The whole point of Miiverse is that it's not limited to your friends list.

spookyfish

FUCK, where's the physical manual?

NINTENDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

(One of) the thing(s) I hate most about this gen: The death of the printed manual.

Oh well -- at least the games cost less now because they aren't putting that money into printing ...

NeoRausch

running around in first person is great! no interaction in first person though. ah well!

Edit:

Crap! i forgot to upload the pictures i've made.... BRB!

NeoRausch

B9cObGc.jpg

his eyes are a little
herp derp
strange on the close up. cant really see that in real life though.

JAYSIMPLE

Banned
This game man!!! I never completed it ten years ago because I bought it and my brother stole it and completed it before me, made me feel all upset about it, so i never clocked it. Its just absolutely beautiful on the wii u! looks INSANE on my TV. just gobsmacked. so excited

The_Lump

Banned
Anyone else find it weird not using the GC controller for this? Used to the A button being underneath the middle of my thumb and the B button being out if the way to the left On WiiU, B is naturally under where your thumb rests, with A out to the right. I keep trying to roll and getting the sword out instead!

Haines

Banned
Got mine in the mail this morning. Canadian e3 future shop deal to boot.

Game looks glorious for an old GC game. The bloom is perfect as well, anyone saying other wise is just being silly.

I fricken wish I didnt have GTAV to beat, I want to dig into this sucker (never played much of the OG)

Top Bottom