• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD |OT| Tingling with HD excitement...only 398 Rupees

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
I'm only one hour in, yet don't need more time to declare:

1. this remake is a masterpiece.
2. The Legend of Zelda is my favorite series in videogames

Did anyone pre-order this in-store? My Gamestop hasn't sent me their pre-order availability notification yet...which they usually do.

Yeah i did.

I called and asked if i could come in and pick up my pre-order and they asked for my number.

"Yeah you can come pick it up"

Did not receive any call and that place was empty, so just call or show up.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I think I'm going to have to sell or return this limited edition. It's a really underwhelming figure. I don't really want it taking up space in my Detolf.

MilkBeard

Forgot the Hyrule Hystoria, too!

null_zpsc1b7a434.jpg

Damn, totally should have pre-ordered. That looks like nice swag. The Hyrule Hystoria came with a certain pre-order special, right?

Anyway, I just picked up my copy. I'm excited to play it, but I have to wait until tonight after I get off work. I elected to fart around online and do other things in the hour time that I have until I start.

I'm excited to start playing. Can't wait to see dem HD cartoon visuals in motion.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Damn, totally should have pre-ordered. That looks like nice swag. The Hyrule Hystoria came with a certain pre-order special, right?
No. The only copy of Hyrule Hystoria you could get in a bundle was a digital copy that came with the Zelda Wii U.

I won't have a copy of the guide until I get the $100 box set later this year. :(

MilkBeard

Donald-Glover-Scared-Reaction-Face.gif

BELATED EDIT: the series has never really been a strong seller in Japan... Being on the WiiU certainly wasn't going to change that.

Yeah I was actually surprised to see how the other Zelda games sold, which is just OK. There are a few that hit over a million but generally Zelda doesn't seem to pull in huge numbers in Japan. No wonder then that a remake of an average selling Zelda game on a system with a small install base didn't bring in huge numbers. I'll be curious to see what the US and Europe numbers are like.

NotLiquid

So let me get this straight, the Swift Sail becomes available in the auction house after beating Dragon Roost right? Because I've gotten passed that part but I still haven't gotten anything out of the auction house up until the Piece of Heart.

Other than that the game looks phenomenal and I don't see myself returning to the GC version.

Are all these screens coming from Miiverse? How do I get screenshots at that resolution?

- Pause game with Home button
- Open Internet Browser
- Go to image upload site like imgur, minus, abload, etc
- Select to upload image from tv source
- Copy image link
- Go to GAF
- Paste image url

Upload them to other sites, not Miiverse.

You can now directly upload screenshots at 1280x720 from the Wii U Browser. Use http://abload.de/ and they won't be compressed at all.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=688391

- Pause game with Home button
- Open Internet Browser
- Go to image upload site like imgur, minus, abload, etc
- Select to upload image from tv source
- Copy image link
- Go to GAF
- Paste image url
Holy guacamole, thanks guys!

Well I just picked up my collectors edition and I don't know what to do. Its so beautiful I don't want to open it lol. But I NEED to play this game again!

Mecca

Because of Miiverse, this is the first time I was able to complete the figurine sidequest. I ended getting a few pictures and completing all the rooms before I encountered some of the actual characters to take their picture.

The final figurine hasn't shown up for me. Is this a glitch? Do I need to follow through to the end of the game before it appears?

Kolma

My figure came with a nice chip on it (paint afterwards mind you so it's not like exposed white)
Also his right foot had to be shoved into the base cause it was too wide.
Some sloppy paint job parts too...
Overall not happy with it..
Worth the 10 bucks extra? sure it is.
But I shouldn't have gotten a crappy version of an already inferior ganonforf

Neiteio

It took me like 20 minutes to get the Ganondorf figure's feet in their sockets on the stand.

Otherwise I really like it!

VanWinkle

i hope you love it as much as i do.

What's that tablet thing underneath? Do you draw dongs for the internet?

I do not, but I guess I could try if the inspiration struck.

Anyway, it's the Nook HD+. Got it for $179 on clearance. Screen is 1900x1200 so it looks incredible for videos and what-not.

ohlawd

I feel like a complete fraud - was the Nintendo Gallery in the original? I don't recognise it at all.

Totally was and believe me, it was much harder to do in the OG since you're limited to 3 Pictographs and there was no indicator for good/bad pics.

Not only that, you're screwed if you didn't get the missables. You're OK in the HD version because of Miiverse.

shawnlreed

Because of Miiverse, this is the first time I was able to complete the figurine sidequest. I ended getting a few pictures and completing all the rooms before I encountered some of the actual characters to take their picture.

The final figurine hasn't shown up for me. Is this a glitch? Do I need to follow through to the end of the game before it appears?

Having never gotten all the figurines until the Wii U game, I had the same issue.
It turns out you need to leave the Nintendo Gallery, then come back in.
Carlov, the sculptor, has left. The figurine fanboy Manny tells you he left you one final figurine.

the-legend-of-zelda-phantom-hourglass-5.jpg

Too bad we can't have both. Right?

Wii U is all it needs to be. If we get games that look like WWHD/3D World, who needs 1.31/1.84tflop and hyperrealistic artstyles? I prefer stylised games over realistic ones any day. If you enjoy another artslyte more, then ok, got no problem with that. But IMO WWHD and 3D World are easily the prettiest games ive seen so far. And yes ive seen Titalfall and Killzone.

Mecca

Having never gotten all the figurines until the Wii U game, I had the same issue.
It turns out you need to leave the Nintendo Gallery, then come back in.
Carlov, the sculptor, has left. The figurine fanboy Manny tells you he left you one final figurine.

hmmm I tried that and still nothing. I even tried changing to the next day. I thought I had everything, but maybe I am missing one. I'll have to double check the rooms again.

Thank you for your help.

popeutlal

Wii U is all it needs to be. If we get games that look like WWHD/3D World, who needs 1.31/1.84tflop and hyperrealistic artstyles? I prefer stylised games over realistic ones any day. If you enjoy another artslyte more, then ok, got no problem with that. But IMO WWHD and 3D World are easily the prettiest games ive seen so far. And yes ive seen Titalfall and Killzone.
Umm...more powerful hardware leads to better looking games. See this game on GC vs. Wii U, with same artstyle LOL.

carlo6529

I got mixed up :(
I was under the impression that there would be a hardware bundle that also included the actually disk of the game, so I didn't preorder to get the collector's figurine. Not sure when I'll pick up a Wii U now.

mandiller

Geez, I can't get over how great this game looks. The screenshots don't do the 1080p justice. It looks fantastic in motion too:

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01pluu4.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01imbuk.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01g4raa.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01okjoe.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01bbsny.jpg

d31m0s

I kind of agree for last gen i found RNC ACiT to be one of the most beutiful games almost looking like a pixar movie where as games like BF3 and TLOU look good but just feel lifeless and boring even GTAV has some kind of personality in its design because it does not go full realistic.

zroid

Banned
Geez, I can't get over how great this game looks. The screenshots don't do the 1080p justice. It looks fantastic in motion too:

god damn these pics

been preoccupied all day and despite getting my LE early morning, have barely even put the disc in the slot. Hopefully I can at least start the game tonight.

I just got the game a few days ago along with the deluxe bundle. Didn't get a chance to play it back on the Gamecube, but I'm loving it so far.
Would someone mind telling me how I can post screenshots/selfies on Miiverse and the internet?

Top Bottom