• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD |OT| Tingling with HD excitement...only 398 Rupees

Marceles

I'm gonna be so broke soon. PS4 next month and I'm really trying not to buy a Wii U for this, but it's my 2nd favorite Zelda ever. I think I might need to go ahead and pull the trigger.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
iuJzeAXE7chpF.jpg

Obligatory first screenshot in the thread.

zroid

Banned
So, slightly off topic but does non-Miiverse posting from Wii U give you higher resolution? Or is it the same?

Miiverse posts are 480p (always). The new method of getting screens is uploading them directly to an image host from the web browser while your game is suspended. That gets you 720p. Apparently even 1080p games will upload the screens at 720p, though, unfortunately.

mstevens

I skipped most of the game cube generation [don't shoot me, I just bought the Metroid Prime Trilogy for Wii :)] so I was very excited to pick this up today. About an hour in and I'm loving it.

Seik

Banned
MY GOD!!!

*GASP*

The thing looks even more beautiful in motion on your own TV.

Holy shit this will be a pleasure to revisit. Great journey ahead.

on 3DS they have been for a while, but this is only the 2nd Wii U game without a manual, as far as I know. The first was TW101.

Pikmin 3 had a physical, full-colour manual. ;_;

edit: Although even 3DS games include fold-out pamphlets. Wind Waker (and TW101) has nothing.

In Europe, I haven't seen a single Wii U game come with a manual. Which sucks, because Nintendo games used to have some pretty great manuals.

Kamina

Golden Boy
Well, I got an EU copy today where the cover isn't reversible (standard edition). It's the PEGI/PAL version.

I'd say as long as you dont have to see that huge USK icon it's all good. The PEGI Version doesn't really need to be reversible.

NeoRausch

hey, can the bosses be replayed later on, after you've beaten them for the first time?

also: when is the earliest point in the game to get the color pictobox and the swift sail?

Sadist

hey, can the bosses be replayed later on, after you've beaten them for the first time?

also: when is the earliest point in the game to get the color pictobox and the swift sail?
First time on Windfall Island. A fairy from Forest Haven isn't required anymore.

You can get the Deluxe Pictobox on your very first visit to Windfall Island now, since you no longer need a Firefly from the Forest Haven like in the original game. The Swift Sail can be acquired from the Auction House at night on Windfall Island right after finishing the Dragon Roost dungeon.

Tohsaka

Got my US Limited Edition a bit ago. There's no glass dome for the figure, despite the fact that it's shown on GameStop's website.

NeoRausch

First time on Windfall Island. A fairy from Forest Haven isn't required anymore.

You can get the Deluxe Pictobox on your very first visit to Windfall Island now, since you no longer need a Firefly from the Forest Haven like in the original game. The Swift Sail can be acquired from the Auction House at night on Windfall Island right after finishing the Dragon Roost dungeon.

thanks guys!

any idea about the replayability of the bosses?

Fess

Wow just wow :) I'm seriously impressed by how good it looks on WiiU, especially in motion, it all moves so smoothly and everything looks so alive

Darryl

Banned
Copy shipped earlier today. Hell yea. I seen that Theophany (the guy who did the "end of the world" MM remix event) made a Molgera remix in celebration of this game. Pretty good stuff.

Timeaisis

Did anyone pre-order this in-store? My Gamestop hasn't sent me their pre-order availability notification yet...which they usually do.

Nunchucks

Banned
When ingame hit the home menu.

Open the webbrowser.

Go to a site like imgur.com or minus.com

Select to upload a file.

Choose if you wan to upload a screenshot from gamepad or TV.

Upload!

When holding the stylus on the image a menu pops up.

Click on "Image preview"!

Now you should have the option to click on "Copy to clipboard"!

Click that. Browse GAF. Post :)

damn thats sweet, thanks

Didn't have much time to play yet, but my first impression is that this game looks absolutely stunning on a big TV, no comparison to compressed Youtube videos.

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01teu5d.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01bqu28.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_0125sdk.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01hbsep.jpg

Dartastic

I played through this game on the gamecube forever ago and thought it was too easy. I'm debating playing this time on Hero Mode... hrm.

Went to Gamestop and picked up the limited edition. The girl asked me if I played the original on the N64. I laughed for 30 seconds and said that they must be hiring anyone at Gamestop these days
sarcasm

D-e-f-

Banned
Would like to know this too. Didn't bother to get the colour pictobox before I cleared the first dungeon/boss. Any chance to get the boss pic on that playthrough now?

You can get pics from Tingle Bottles (Miiverse)

I played through this game on the gamecube forever ago and thought it was too easy. I'm debating playing this time on Hero Mode... hrm.

Do it. You can change it back anytime.

Mogwai

Just got the wind waker. Seems to be getting interesting now. Never played the original but this remake looks absolutely stunning. Those colors!

Cosmozone

Hnngh, I absolutely must conserve my favorite moments for this game. This is the first one, very early.

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01u6kq4.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01ajlk4.jpg

On this page is my second one already. Maybe I'll do several shots when I get there. Edit: it's actually the third. :) Edit edit: the fourth actually, but unfortunately I can't capture one of the moments that well, because audio has a role in it. How the music fades when you set out on your first little adventure... such a great atmosphere.

Didn't have much time to play yet, but my first impression is that this game looks absolutely stunning on a big TV, no comparison to compressed Youtube videos.

*Snip*

I've seen at least one poster who said that they're playing on a 100" projector screen but I've been playing on a 65" and the image quality is amazing. I've gotten used to pretty much all console games looking like crap blown up that big but WW has the crown right now as the best reason to upgrade to a mega TV.

Top Bottom