• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD |OT| Tingling with HD excitement...only 398 Rupees

Damn, totally should have pre-ordered. That looks like nice swag. The Hyrule Hystoria came with a certain pre-order special, right?

Anyway, I just picked up my copy. I'm excited to play it, but I have to wait until tonight after I get off work. I elected to fart around online and do other things in the hour time that I have until I start.

I'm excited to start playing. Can't wait to see dem HD cartoon visuals in motion.

Nah. I had the HH seperate

got it at Walmart for cheap ages ago

I got this along with the strategy guide today, I never got very far with the GC version so I'm coming in fresh. I played OoT with a guide as a kid and that was a good fuckin' time.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
I've just got to the pirate ship. Game is so lovely, and all the characters are pinchably cute (even the grandma) The soft lighting around them is really nice. They look like little plastic models.

Off-TV only so far, will switch over later and see the difference.

Omzz

just picked up this game and started playing it. im so giddy right now. them feels from when i played this game 10 years ago...love it

Man, this game has aged like the finest of wines, and it's a true testament to the original game's art design that this HD remake can bring out even more beauty.

I just wanted to chime in here to say...

YEP. STILL THE BEST IN THE SERIES.

And... amazingly... I'm enjoying it just as much as I did when it first came out. It feels as fresh an adventure as it did in 2003. I was expecting nostalgia, but not the feeling of discovery all over again. The new visuals and the gameplay tweaks have really helped sand off any of the edges that got in the way of replaying the original.

So, yeah. Best game in the series. I'm really happy that Wind Waker HD has taken that place in more people's hearts. And imagine how shit the spaceworld demo would look in HD.

Hah.

NolbertoS

Hey GAF. Quick question. I bought the Wii U Zelda bundle recently, but decided to sell my codes as I want to own the game physically abd pre-ordered the Ganon statue. I had some international buyers interested in my codes. Do you guys know if the codes are downloadable for any region?? Or are they region locked??

zroid

Banned
Hey GAF. Quick question. I bought the Wii U Zelda bundle recently, but decided to sell my codes as I want to own the game physically abd pre-ordered the Ganon statue. I had some international buyers interested in my codes. Do you guys know if the codes are downloadable for any region?? Or are they region locked??

They'll work on North American Wii Us

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Warpzone Review Closing Comments:
http://www.warpzoned.com/2013/10/th...nd-waker-hd-review-amazing-at-any-resolution/
Even after a decade, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD not only holds up to the test of time, but shames current games for not having the audacity to be as artistically bold or entertainingly fun. It is not the stop-gap measure some suggested it would be until a new Legend of Zelda title arrives, but a glorious pirate romp into the past. The small tweaks combined with the beautiful HD graphics make the experience feel less like a re-issue and more like a new game. If you needed a reason to buy a Wii U, this is it.
Pretty close to how I feel about it.

So I went to Seik's house tonight and I had the chance to see the game. I could not believe how good it looked. The game really holds up visually speaking, especially with the new lighting engine.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Nintendo is basically making games this gen that will never look aged. Its almost insane how clean their art styles look on on WiiU so far.

It's a testament to how important art style in game design. Any attempt at photo-realism will look worse as technology progresses, but a good art style can make a game timeless.

Haines

Banned
It's a testament to how important art style in game design. Any attempt at photo-realism will look worse as technology progresses, but a good art style can make a game timeless.

Yeah, I would love Nintendo to do an HD Metroid Prime update on WiiU. That game looked awesome, and deserves to get the same treatment this game got.

I just wanted to chime in here to say...

YEP. STILL THE BEST IN THE SERIES.

And... amazingly... I'm enjoying it just as much as I did when it first came out. It feels as fresh an adventure as it did in 2003. I was expecting nostalgia, but not the feeling of discovery all over again. The new visuals and the gameplay tweaks have really helped sand off any of the edges that got in the way of replaying the original.

So, yeah. Best game in the series. I'm really happy that Wind Waker HD has taken that place in more people's hearts. And imagine how shit the spaceworld demo would look in HD.

Hah.
haha I was so mad about celda when it was first announced. I wanted dat spaceworld stuff.

But then I played it and decided it was the best Zelda ever. These improvements make it even more obvious. I think my favorite upgrade is the faster text.

I randomly got upgraded to the Limited Edition version with the Ganon statue when I went to pick up my copy today! I didn't even have to pay anything extra. I don't really have a space for it, as it doesn't really go with my house decor, so I may give it away. I haven't decided yet.

Also, I was floored when I finally played the game. I knew it'd look nice, but wow! It's beautiful.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Today's pick ups, 1 expected, 1 unexpected:

S4Wnz8O.jpg

About to play one cel shaded game to rule them all!

Good choices! Play W101 afterwards, fall into the awesomeness

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Man I never realized how many hearts I burned through normally until hero mode. Had to do the reset save heart trick for dragon roost a few times. Damn lava and bats. It shouldn't be as much of a problem once I get more hearts and potions though.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Everyone talked about the quick sail and how it speeds up sailing, but is it me or is drifting along without a sail also much much quicker now. Doesn't feel like a chore now.

Nakayumi

Ok, I'm still not sure whether I should buy the Ganondorf Edition and Special Edition Wii U Bundle separately and sell my code, or skip physical and embrace digital on this one. I usually don't care much for physical copies, but the statue and disc version look so pretty...

Does someone know if the Wii U bundle is actually limited? I'm afraid that if I wait too long I may no longer be able to get one anymore.

I didn't have the upgraded Pictobox before doing dragonroost, how do you download pictures from miiverse onto it so I can hopefully get a picture of the boss?

Out of curiosity , is the telescope one of the items you can aim with the gyroscope? I'm not getting the option so I don't know if I have it set up or not.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Was in GAME today. They are charging £45 for this game. SMH.

D-e-f-

Banned
I kind of agree for last gen i found RNC ACiT to be one of the most beutiful games almost looking like a pixar movie where as games like BF3 and TLOU look good but just feel lifeless and boring even GTAV has some kind of personality in its design because it does not go full realistic.

what on earth is RNC ACiT? acronyms only work if they're commonly used and easily decipherable.

MEGA-SIGH

Who thought that was a good idea? "Oh, hey, let's allow the inversion of the X-axis, but fuck you, Y-Axis."

Porque!?!?!

You can invert Y for first person, where it actually matters. Still sucks they just left it out, though.

what on earth is RNC ACiT? acronyms only work if they're commonly used and easily decipherable.

You can invert Y for first person, where it actually matters. Still sucks they just left it out, though.
Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time...if I had to guess

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Was in GAME today. They are charging £45 for this game. SMH.
Same as Fifa 14, which is very close to last year's game, or Assassin's Creed 4 which can only dream to be as good as The Wind Waker. Are you as upset with these prices? As far as I'm concerned, I'd price games depending on how good they are, at a far lower price than current ones, so that we could buy more and try new things.

NeoRausch

Haha, this. I found a picture some minutes ago, but it was colourless...

bah, i'm still on dragonroost and still need to fight the boss.

... but I only have the b/w cam and don't seem to be able to return to windfall. stupid boat won't let me jump on board.

Qurupeke

bah, i'm still on dragonroost and still need to fight the boss.

... but I only have the b/w cam and don't seem to be able to return to windfall. stupid boat won't let me jump on board.
I actually took two picture of the boss, but I erased them... I thought the Nintendo Gallery's requirement was just to take the photo. :(

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Same as Fifa 14, which is very close to last year's game, or Assassin's Creed 4 which can only dream to be as good as The Wind Waker. Are you as upset with these prices? As far as I'm concerned, I'd price games depending on how good they are, at a far lower price than current ones, so that we could buy more and try new things.

I'll not be buying it new. Not at those prices. I'll pick it up second hand at some point.

Top Bottom