• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD |OT| Tingling with HD excitement...only 398 Rupees

D-e-f-

Banned
Hey GAF. Quick question. I bought the Wii U Zelda bundle recently, but decided to sell my codes as I want to own the game physically abd pre-ordered the Ganon statue. I had some international buyers interested in my codes. Do you guys know if the codes are downloadable for any region?? Or are they region locked??

Digital (non-PC) stores are always region locked.

javac

Really enjoying it so far. Couldn't get my screens uploaded to imgur :$ And I don't want to take too many screenshots because I'll never stop and I'll have to pause the game like a million times and I don't want to detract from my first wind waker experience!

Plus you guys take better Screenshots :p

zlCfzRJTQHI6DpX8RP

Ozorov

Just got a 50" plasma and WiiU Zelda-bundle. Man, this game is fucking awesome!! Never got to play it back in the days. Thank you Nintendo.

I'm currently in the second dungeon. Forest Haven? I seem to always forget the names of the places I visit in the game :).

Ozorov

Do I need to have played any on the other zeldas before this? The only one I have played was the first original one.

I have only played OoT before this and I'm still having a blast. There maybe are some characters from previous games(?) I cant recall etc.

Just got a 50" plasma and WiiU Zelda-bundle. Man, this game is fucking awesome!! Never got to play it back in the days. Thank you Nintendo.

I'm currently in the second dungeon. Forest Haven? I seem to always forget the names of the places I visit in the game :).

are you from germany and have you bought it at media markt (just asking because there was a really good deal for the wiiu bundle and for HDTVs this week)

Lucid07

I have only played OoT before this and I'm still having a blast. There maybe are some characters from previous games(?) I cant recall etc.
Sounds good think I'm going to go out and get it.
Not at all, you may miss some references from Ocarina of Times but you are in for a treat.
I have OoT on 3ds haven't got round to playing it yet. Is it worth it to play that first?

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
I have OoT on 3ds haven't got round to playing it yet. Is it worth it to play that first?
I'd say yes, The Wind Waker is the follow up of OoT. Hard thing to do though, because this Wii U remake is ridiculously irresitible.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
I just started playing the game and it does look fantastic. However, on my TV, I've noticed that that in the broad daylight, like Windfall Island, there's pixellation in the sky, like these blocky halos that surround objects like clouds or the wind. I don't see this when I switch to the Gamepad.

Or, he could take a pic of the Trials version of the boss. It'll count.
Where and when an this be done? Man, I forgot everything about this game since I played it ten years ago (which is actually a good thing).
I also need the first boss pic. And it seems most of the players putting it in Tingle bottles only have the b/w pictobox at thst point :/

Revven

Where and when an this be done?

It's the first thing you do in Ganon's castle, there's four doors each containing a small puzzle room and then the boss after completing the puzzle. You can take pics of each boss there if you didn't get them before.
Of course, you'd have to exit the dungeon afterwards and go back to the Nintendo Gallery to get the figurines before continuing in the dungeon.

Mogwai

Wow. Just finished the boss in Dragon Roost Cavern. It's really impressive that the core of this game is ten years old. The combat system is so great. It has a better flow than the motion controls from SS (the only other Zelda game I've ever played).

It's not 60fps.
what? But it's so smoooooth... If this is 30fps then I give up on caring about framerate forever lol

It's the first thing you do in Ganon's castle, there's four doors each containing a small puzzle room and then the boss after completing the puzzle. You can take pics of each boss there if you didn't get them before.
Of course, you'd have to exit the dungeon afterwards and go back to the Nintendo Gallery to get the figurines before continuing in the dungeon.
Thanks!

daakusedo

I just bought it, wasn't really planned that early but when I saw the LE back in stock and the screenshots here, I didn't want to miss this opportunity.

zroid

Banned
Zelda isn't fast-paced enough that 60fps matters much anyways. :p

It really makes a difference in platformers, racers, character action games, and fighters.

JordanKZ

Well, looks like mine isn't going to turn up today either. This is the first time Shopto have EVER let me down. But what a release to fuck up on. Terrible.

I'm *this* close to buying it on the eShop as I have a £5 off voucher and then just sending the Shopto one back when it gets here.

Pretty disgraceful though. Considering it was supposedly shipped on Wednesday afternoon.

Nunchucks

Banned
Destroyed the wall to Jabun last night and holy crap, game dropped to like 10fps with the bombs going off... is this only in the digital version like people are saying or what

D-e-f-

Banned
wwhdpicl2uk3.jpg

Holy crap, total surprise delivery. Shipped on Tuesday from thehut.com. Arrived today (Germany) and we even had a national Holiday in between. I didn't expect this before next Tuesday at the earliest. Wow wow wow! Weekend is saved!

So I got super-fast delivery (a day later than the street date for international free shipping from the UK is pretty ace!) and got it for way way way way cheaper than both the regular retail price or the eShop price (40 EUR - always preorder early when they offer coupons!).

VanWinkle

Put about three hours into the game. I really love it. It makes me wonder why it's taken me so long to get into Zelda, but I watched videos of Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword and I didn't really like the look of those, and I would have to use the Wii Remote and Nunchuck to play which is a control scheme I hate. I think I'm just meant to play this one, lol. It's fantastic, though. I'm so glad I bought it.

Nunchucks

Banned
Put about three hours into the game. I really love it. It makes me wonder why it's taken me so long to get into Zelda, but I watched videos of Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword and I didn't really like the look of those, and I would have to use the Wii Remote and Nunchuck to play which is a control scheme I hate. I think I'm just meant to play this one, lol. It's fantastic, though. I'm so glad I bought it.

Twilight Princess (GCN version) is really fun too, if you were interested. Be pretty sweet if they updated it for the Wii U with both control schemes.

Ready to re-play this masterpiece again. Best thing is I barely remember nothing about it, Its been too long since the last time I played it.

D-e-f-

Banned
Twilight Princess (GCN version) is really fun too, if you were interested. Be pretty sweet if they updated it for the Wii U with both control schemes.

But the GCN version is quite expensive and is somewhat downgraded since it lacks widescreen and IR aiming. Sword Attack = A is awesome but I'm not sure if it makes up for that.

Nunchucks

Banned
But the GCN version is quite expensive and is somewhat downgraded since it lacks widescreen and IR aiming. Sword Attack = A is awesome but I'm not sure if it makes up for that.

Yeah, that's what I meant by if they released an updated versio for the Wii U. Let us use the good controls + the better visuals

Mecca

Destroyed the wall to Jabun last night and holy crap, game dropped to like 10fps with the bombs going off... is this only in the digital version like people are saying or what

I haven't played the disc version yet, but it's in the GC and download versions so I think it's safe to assume it's everywhere. Whenever you encounter heavy battle that involves a lot of bombs you are going to get that slow down. It doesn't happen that often though.

Nunchucks

Banned
I haven't played the disc version yet, but it's in the GC and download versions so I think it's safe to assume it's everywhere. Whenever you encounter heavy battle that involves a lot of bombs you are going to get that slow down. It doesn't happen that often though.

I don't remember it happening this badly on the GCN version

Jackano

I'm replaying this by taking way too much time to explore and not doing the main story.
I already done a full ocean exploration for getting the maps, and now I've done another one for the treasures and accessible stuff.
I'm afradi I've just the dull things left :/

And until here, I still don't see how they fixed
the Triforce hunt
. Seems the same thing to me?

Seik

Banned
I'm replaying this by taking way too much time to explore and not doing the main story.
I already done a full ocean exploration for getting the maps, and now I've done another one for the treasures and accessible stuff.
I'm afradi I've just the dull things left :/

And until here, I still don't see how they fixed
the Triforce hunt
. Seems the same thing to me?

It's supposed to take way less time though, which is a great thing because I always thought it was tedious as shit.

You'll only deal with Tingle 3 times instead of eight.

Nunchucks

Banned
Has the game actually been confirmed 1080p? All screenshots are 720p so far from the Wii U at least when I take them. And I mean actually confirmed, not just NIntendo saying it is

Has the game actually been confirmed 1080p? All screenshots are 720p so far from the Wii U at least when I take them. And I mean actually confirmed, not just NIntendo saying it is

you can only take 720p screenshots on the Wii U, although that's a big improvement over what it used to let you take. the game is categorically absolutely 100% running at 1080p 30 fps.

I wasn't interested in the wii u. I thought the controller was lame. Then they had to bring out a ww bundle. Well let's just say I haven't touched my ps3 or 360 since.

Nunchucks

Banned
you can only take 720p screenshots on the Wii U, although that's a big improvement over what it used to let you take. the game is categorically absolutely 100% running at 1080p 30 fps.

Do you have any accredited sources that can back that up? Because the framedrops happen very often for me...

mstevens

I wasn't interested in the wii u. I thought the controller was lame. Then they had to bring out a ww bundle. Well let's just say I haven't touched my ps3 or 360 since.

It seems that most people who haven't spent time with the game pad hate it, and most people who have one or play with one frequently love it. I know that I bought a pro controller thinking I'd use it more, but I always gravitate to the game pad.

Hopefully the stigma around it changes as more and more of the gaming population gets experience with it.

Bear

It's supposed to take way less time though, which is a great thing because I always thought it was tedious as shit.

You'll only deal with Tingle 3 times instead of eight.

Yeah, you can find most of the triforce shards by exploration now. I was surprised how many I managed to gather without dealing with maps at all.

Do you have any accredited sources that can back that up? Because the framedrops happen very often for me...

I don't think he meant that it was a rock-solid 30 FPS, that's just the frame rate it generally runs at.

I know its probably been said a ton, but man this game looks amazing. Im actually kind of happy I skipped the GC version way back and I am getting to play it first like this.

Lucid07

Was going to buy it, but there's not a chance I'm going to get it for £42 or £49.99 of the eshop. It's kind of silly it cost far more for a digital download. Where's the cheapest place to get it in the UK? Otherwise I'll just wait for a price drop.

NeoRausch

uhhh... is there a way to see the sings I've collected so far?

I could bet there was one....

edit:

nvm, found it!
that's what I get for playing offscreen!

Top Bottom