• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD |OT| Tingling with HD excitement...only 398 Rupees

D-e-f-

Banned
zlCfzRJfgbYtob6FkM

Fuuuuuuuuuuu....!

zlCfzRJfwhACRPb9gH

Waiting for Tetra....in her room. #playa

She won't lay a finger on you unless you take care of that "HUD" on your "screen."

I hope this is a one shot for Nintendo.

I'm not really interested in any more HD remakes of this series.

Save for perhaps Ocarina of Time, if they really do it properly.

Smack Fu

I played the original but never finished it. I thought the water travel was horrible. I couldn't stand changing the wind to move a different way. Is it still the same? Do you have to stop to play the flute (or whatever) to go left instead of right still?

Coolwhip

Banned
I played the original but never finished it. I thought the water travel was horrible. I couldn't stand changing the wind to move a different way. Is it still the same? Do you have to stop to play the flute (or whatever) to go left instead of right still?

Im sure you can figure out what the flute is called.

Hint: Its the freaking name of the game!!!!!!

AEREC

Really wish they would have gotten rid of the wind arrow behind the boat or at least just integrated it as a part of the boat.

It just looks silly having a big yellow arrow behind you on the water at all times.

Tiktaalik

Ugh 5 auctions in a row and it's still the damn joy pendant... Am I missing doing something in order to get the swift sail to show up...? (I've done the first dungeon)

Really wish they would have gotten rid of the wind arrow behind the boat or at least just integrated it as a part of the boat.

It just looks silly having a big yellow arrow behind you on the water at all times.
Yeah, especially when you have the swift sail, that arrow is useless.

Hero mode is awesome! I'm enjoying this game a lot more this time. I've already died more times in the first dungeon than I did the whole game before. This might not be my least favorite 3D Zelda game anymore!

chronosic

This game is so fucking gorgeous. Just got my hands on the speed sail and I'm really digging it. I haven't played through this game in around 9 years or so, and I forgot so much stuff, it's basically all newto me besides major plot points.

I just pulled the trigger on this and Pikmin 3. Which one do I play first? I've never played the GameCube version of WW. So conflicted . . .

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
I just pulled the trigger on this and Pikmin 3. Which one do I play first? I've never played the GameCube version of WW. So conflicted . . .

Pikmin 3 is good; maybe even great. But Wind Waker is a classic. Go with Zelda first.

Dr.Hadji

I say much of the joy from Pikmin 3 comes from diving into it systems, which involves playing and replaying sections, levels, and mission modes. While you can just run through WW and feel the magic. If you don't think you delve into Pikmin with WW looming over you, then go with WW.

You can't trust a man who spends the whole day smilin' and stollin'

And I was just pleasantly surprised to discover that the method to obtain the
Deluxe Picto Box
is much less of a pain in the ass this time around.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I've been sidequestin all day. There's a small number of dungeons in this game but man I am not even close to gettin to them yet. Gotta get more TREASURES!!!

Also what the hell at Legendary Pictographs costing 150 rupees now! Gotta get more of those up on Miiverse people.

one_kill

So I got my copy today and I'm so excited to play. The only other 3D Zelda I've invested time in is Skyward Sword, but I never got to finishing it.

Man I really love the new style of presentation of this game and the improvements, just really wish they'd invested a bit more time in fixing the framerate and often glitching camera.

My sister doesn't notice it nearly as much as I do.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
What the shit? Is there no way to invert the camera controls??

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
zlCfzRJgLWMTyY7b3j

Is this new? I really don't remember seeing this picture in the original.

3Nb3b9t.jpg

I don't remember it either, though. I posted it on Miiverse when I found it this time, speculating that it was Tetra's mom. Which it appears to indeed be.

Here's another thing I noticed:

zlCfzRJfg-wBuXol2p

Sheikah eyes on either side of that Ganondorf door in the Forsaken Fortress. Maybe they're banners from the previous occupants of the fortress? Tetra said it was a competing band of pirates, and Tetra's pirate group are probably all descended from Sheikah. Maybe some Sheikah grew into unrelated pirate groups? Unless the banners were hung there by Ganondorf, in which case we have a whole new set of questions.

Auron

Just picked up the game - I forgot how absolutely amazing this title is. If you have completed this title before, Hero Mode is so worth it.

White Man

So for the Triforce pieces that you need the charts for -- aside from the ghost ship, are they all salvaged, or do you need to get off and explore islands. I can't find the triforce either way by Greatfish Island.

So for the Triforce pieces that you need the charts for -- aside from the ghost ship, are they all salvaged, or do you need to get off and explore islands. I can't find the triforce either way by Greatfish Island.

The south-west of greatfish island is very similar to bird's peak.

That's all the hint you'll need.

D-e-f-

Banned
What the shit? Is there no way to invert the camera controls??
It's the exact same camera as in the cube original. it's strictly zoomn in/out on the y-axis. nothing worth making a fuss over. you can invert in first person where it matters.

I got to play this a bunch over the weekend, and got through the Tower of the Gods (which is the best dungeon in the game). WW has some of the best characterizations, and designs on these classic characters that the franchise has seen. Seriously the Ganondorf in this game is simply amazing. The rest of the characters just ooze personality, and they really stand out from other entries in the series. There are some moments here that are series highs for sure. I'm really digging all the visual changes, the bloom works for me, and the reworked textures look amazing. All that said, the game's mechanics, dungeon design, and other gameplay aspects are all much weaker for me. While the swift sail definitely helps, it feels like it could have been even faster. Playing it this weekend was a stark reminder of all that, and really showed me why I haven't played through this game in the 11 years since it's release. I'll keep going and finish it cause it really does have some story moments that are just amazing. From a gameplay/mechanics.dungeon design standpoint it's just a weaker entry to me, compared with say TP, or SS.

D-e-f-

Banned
I've had this since Saturday. I spent so much time just doing random stuff because the world is so amazing and vibrant. The 4:3 of the original really made the game feel "small" and the widescreen is such an important addition and improvement to the game. Wow. I finally set foot into the first dungeon since I couldn't do anything else unless I advance the plot a bit. Wanna go back to Windfall asap!

I've had this since Saturday. I spent so much time just doing random stuff because the world is so amazing and vibrant. The 4:3 of the original really made the game feel "small" and the widescreen is such an important addition and improvement to the game. Wow. I finally set foot into the first dungeon since I couldn't do anything else unless I advance the plot a bit. Wanna go back to Windfall asap!
Yeah. It makes me so excited to see a Zelda built from the ground up on Wii U.

Top Bottom