• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD |OT| Tingling with HD excitement...only 398 Rupees

Kjellson

I've seen that mask in some shots, how do you acquire that?
It's on the bottom of the Savage Labyrinth. In the original game you got it after giving Mrs. Marie 40 Joy Pendants, but appearently they've changed it up a bit. I was pretty damn surprised when I got a Treasure Chart after giving her the Pendants earlier today.

Linkyn

It's on the bottom of the Savage Labyrinth. In the original game you got it after giving Mrs. Marie 40 Joy Pendants, but appearently they've changed it up a bit. I was pretty damn surprised when I got a Treasure Chart after giving her the Pendants earlier today.

Not sure whether this constituted spoilers...

Since they removed 5 Triforce charts, they had to make up standart treasures with corresponding charts instead (there are a total of 49 charted treasures - one for each quadrant). That's why they moved a couple of things around and even created a few new mini-quests in order for you to get the new charts.

On a different note though, I have to say that even after probably having finished this game 8-10 times on the Gamecube, I still find stuff I didn't know about. The amount of special charts for example is just incredible. In general, I think it's quite clever how Nintendo made some help finding secrets available, but the help itself is hidden somewhere.

bumpkin

I feel like a tool admitting this, but I still haven't started playing this yet; picked it up Friday, even opened it (Ganon statue is sweet!), was just too busy to sit down and play. Maybe tonight when I get home from work. All the screen caps in this thread are really making me aware of the awesomeness I'm currently not experiencing. :(

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I don't think I knew that there were statues beyond the three initial plants. When I first played the game way back, I guess I figured that quest was done once I got the magic armor. Seeing some screenshots earlier of people with different statues I was like WAT. I just got the pinwheel, and Zunari's stall expanded sideways, and it is blowing my mind.

But one of the gorons said he'd give me a piece of heart (I think) for one of the later statues, and I know I got all of the pieces of heart when I played through originally, but I sure don't remember non-flower statues. Did they move around pieces of heart, too?

I didn't remember a 40 joy pendant reward either. Is there one for 40 skull necklaces? I sold a few of each yesterday after I hit the 20 goals and now I'm regretting it.

D-e-f-

Banned
The colours are so bright and rich that they melted my face off.

Loving it so far

v2sjh.jpg

It's dangerous to go around without a face. Take this.

OryoN

I haven't seen people complain about the bloom anymore. In the screens users are posting, the lighting looks very natural in the game's environment. I'm guessing it was an overblown issue, or just isn't a problem in the released version?

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I haven't seen people complain about the bloom anymore. In the screens users are posting, the lighting looks very natural in the game's environment. I'm guessing it was an overblown issue, or just isn't a problem in the released version?

You can still produce some weird lookin screens with heavy bloom, but in the game proper, moving on a TV, it looks beautiful. It's definitely a non-issue.

Timeaisis

I think with screenshots it is definitely noticeable. In game, though, since the camera is not looking directly into the sun at all times, it's a non-issue, IMO.

Fabrik

Banned
About to enter the Wind Temple. Already spent 20 hours with it. Other than being 2 dungeons short, they fixed EVERYTHING. It's really smooth now. Why is a 10 years old remastered game more beautiful than most 2013 releases?

Richie

I'd say that familiarity with the original game made the contrast appear more pronounced than it actually is. In reality, you get used to it fairly quickly, at least in my experience. The initial intro is the worst in this aspect, oddly, but once you're headed into adventure? Second nature, and feels quite organic.

Porcile

I can't quite get used to the controls on the Wii U Gamepad. They're absolutely perfect on Gamecube but I'm always fighting with them on the Gamepad. Something I'll get used to I hope.

Otherwise I'm enjoying it as much as I can enjoy a game I've played through three times before.

LegendZelda

Unconfirmed Member
I contacted my rep from Nintendo that said the game was in 60 fps. I have read a lot of people stating it is 30 fps though.

Game looks great. I do see a few jaggies and fps drops but nothing to distract the overall experience. HDR looks nice in areas but overdone in others but again, nothing too bad.

Playing this on the Wii U Pro Controller is fucking awesome. I prefer pausing/opening the item select screen and not looking at the Gamepad, as it makes for a more traditional Zelda experience. Plus the Pro Controller has extremely long battery life and is just as comfortable as the Gamepad.

As for the game, I just beat the first dungeon and got the Swift Sail. Obviously doing 100% completion the entire way. Haven't touched this game in years but looking forward to beating this slowly but surely.

Timeaisis

The only time I've noticed the framerate in this game is with bombs. It takes a noticeable hit when they explode. It's literally always been that way, though.

As for the 60 fps vs 30 fps, I can't say but I think it's somewhere in between.

NeoRausch

AW man...i'm stuck! kind of embarrasing after all these years:
zlCfzRJj4o8AK8Oevw

do I have to take a statute from the earlier room with me? if so, how?

Busaiku

I can't remember if it was or wasn't stated, but I'm kind of surprised The King of Red Lions knows Link's name.
It has been 10 years though, so maybe there is an explanation.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
zlCfzRJj4o8AK8Oevw

When I first had to solve this it took me so long. I was trying to jump to the statue heads, and make my way over there in such a roundabout way. Probably the most I ever got stuck in the game. This time I started doin the same thing, then was like... wait. I refuse to get stuck here again. Didn't take me too long to remember the solution.

KHlover

Banned
When I first had to solve this it took me so long. I was trying to jump to the statue heads, and make my way over there in such a roundabout way. Probably the most I ever got stuck in the game. This time I started doin the same thing, then was like... wait. I refuse to get stuck here again. Didn't take me too long to remember the solution.

You know what's funny? You actually CAN jump on the head of the statues. You still need the Deku Leaf from there, though. I only had one tiny bar of magic left, so I did it that way. Was stuck for ages the first time I did it T_T

I've probably beaten this game a million times on the GC and playing it over now still gives me the chills. I really hope nintendo remasters all the other zelda games.

aett

I really hope Nintendo patches the game so that we can have sound coming from the Gamepad. It's the only thing keeping me from buying the game - even when I'm able to use the TV, everyone in my home is asleep, so I need to use headphones.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I really hope Nintendo patches the game so that we can have sound coming from the Gamepad. It's the only thing keeping me from buying the game - even when I'm able to use the TV, everyone in my home is asleep, so I need to use headphones.

Its odd that they've omitted this. literally every wii u game I have contains this feature.

edit: ^ beaten

And just to rub it in, the title screen music plays on it ;p

kizmah

I really hope Nintendo patches the game so that we can have sound coming from the Gamepad.

I agree. When I'm playing late (as I will tonight after work) I prefer using headphones while playing on the tv. Really weird that they omitted this.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I was sitting two and a half feet away from my 50 inch screen when
the LTTP jingle played as the king re-assembles the Triforce of Wisdom
. I am not ashamed to admit that I legit almost wept.

This game, dudes.

Dumb question, just making sure. But Off TV mode is OK? It is when playing on TV with gamepad?

For the ones who have played all games should I get WW HD first or

Pikmin 3
W101
Rayman Legends
Splinter Cell

I am inclining for W101 and WW HD first, will get them all eventually.

I ran into such a headache over setting up my Zelda Wii U console. Like a few I'm sure, I had a Wii U before but I ended up in the Zelda edition of the hardware (I was still inside the return window when the Zelda bundle was announced). While I knew about the lack of personal accounts and digital transfers, I figured it would be worth losing 2 VC games to get my hands on that limited edition Zelda gamepad with Zelda art.

Then I found you can't use your Nintendo Network ID on another Wii U console ever again. So I create a new one and spelled "NeoZuko" with "0"s instead of "O"s, as I do when my name is taken (which is rare - some guy in Mexico who never goes online grabbed my usual nick on PSN and YouTube. Everywhere else I've been good). So no big whoop, right?

It gets better. So then my Club Nintendo won't link to my Wii U, apparently you can't link another Wii U to it. Ever. Or delink anything. Ok, let us make another. Oh wait - you can't. It seems that it cross checks my email, my real name, and home address and won't let me create another account. So perfect!! I guess you are only allowed one Wii U console your whole life. I hope it never breaks!!

So I had to change my old Club Nintendo to a secondary email, edit the real name section on my profile to the short version of my name, and change my street address to my sisters. Then I could create the new Club Nintendo and link it to the new Nintendo network ID on my new Zelda Wii U Console. This took forever to figure out and it's why (and with a lack of non hardware based accounts) I don't buy or want full retail style games on the eShop. I even sold my Zelda WW digital download and grabbed the retail disc version instead. Nintendo, pretty please create accounts separate from hardware ok - it's not hard.

Now excuse me, I need to pick up my Club Nintendo Tee-Shirt at my sister's house now.

D-e-f-

Banned
I can't remember if it was or wasn't stated, but I'm kind of surprised The King of Red Lions knows Link's name.
It has been 10 years though, so maybe there is an explanation.

He says he's been watching you for a bit. Could've easily overheard Tetra or someone else call his name.

Dumb question, just making sure. But Off TV mode is OK? It is when playing on TV with gamepad?

For the ones who have played all games should I get WW HD first or

Pikmin 3
W101
Rayman Legends
Splinter Cell

I am inclining for W101 and WW HD first, will get them all eventually.

Off-TV sound works as intended. It's not a glitch, it's by design. It doesn't make sense but that's how it works. Hope they patch in a trigger that directs all audio to the headphones if it detects they have been plugged in.

zlCfzRJj4o8AK8Oevw

The first time I solved it I thought I was breaking the system.

You can actually use the deku leaf with the upgraded magic meter to get to the Savage Labyrinth before getting the hookshot though.

Top Bottom