• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD |OT| Tingling with HD excitement...only 398 Rupees

D-e-f-

Banned
What button combo actually saves the screenshots while you're in-game though?

You seem to not be aware that every Wii U game supports this natively through the system? (save for a select few who have it disabled for various reasons and some who are simply Square Enix games and have it disabled because Square Enix hates everyone who likes their games)

Damn good lookin

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01jasqr.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01t6ss9.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_015jub1.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01rpubz.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01xysk0.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_015es6p.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01gzugc.jpg

Maybe spoiler screenshot. Not sure -> http://abload.de/img/wiiu_screenshot_tv_0153ulv.jpg

Spoiler screenshot -> http://abload.de/img/wiiu_screenshot_tv_0113ud2.jpg

Porcile

Bought my copy today. I played through Wind Waker a couple years back but I'll give this a blast through on Hero mode.

You seem to not be aware that every Wii U game supports this natively through the system? (save for a select few who have it disabled for various reasons and some who are simply Square Enix games and have it disabled because Square Enix hates everyone who likes their games)
Square Enix? Besides DQX, I'm drawing a blank..what else did they release?

D-e-f-

Banned
Square Enix? Besides DQX, I'm drawing a blank..what else did they release?

FF VI, Secret of Mana. Japan. No screenshots. I hate them so so much. This will happen to all of their Japan-centric releases (meaning everything not released under the Eidos banner like Deus Ex HR DC). They are infamously horrible to deal with regarding screenshots for the press and it only makes sense that they would block 20 year old Virtual Console games from supporting Miiverse screenshots. Their JP Miiverse communities look so sad and empty.

I mean look at it:
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/titles/14866558073043060794/14866558073043060801

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/titles/14866558073043061500/14866558073043061504

inner-G

Banned
Thanks

I've only used my Wii U a little bit besides playing Earthbound and never thought about taking screenshots before.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Gotta hand it to the updates, swift sailing makes playing this game bearable. Been playing all day actually. Managed to hit the old man 1000 times and I saw this interesting glitch with a bird.

Mecca

Can't wait for my pro controller to show up. Won a eBay auction for one for like $20 at 3 am, lol. I think I'll like it more that way, the gamepad is so wide it feels weird to me for 3d games.

As an advice, you should get used to the pad. Been wide is an advantage since the hands rest better when separated more. It also adds motion aiming that works better than sticks.

I agree the GamePad isn't as bad as some say, but I prefer using the Pro Controller for WW and having the GamePad off to the side for a quick menu select. I hate that you can only see the Wind Waker melodies on the GamePad. I have a poor memory and tend to forget all of them except for the one to change the direction of the wind. If my GamePad's battery is dead, I no longer have that reference point.

I just like the feel of the Pro Controller for this type of game. I guess because it reminds me of the GameCube's controller.

Peff

I agree the GamePad isn't as bad as some say, but I prefer using the Pro Controller for WW and having the GamePad off to the side for a quick menu select. I hate that you can only see the Wind Waker melodies on the GamePad. I have a poor memory and tend to forget all of them except for the one to change the direction of the wind. If my GamePad's battery is dead, I no longer have that reference point.

Write them down or print them :p? A smartphone could do the trick too if you have one.

The_Lump

Banned
Sometimes I think it's intentional, but then there's stuff like when Gohma emerges from the lava pool in his introduction cutscene and the game dips to 20fps. That definitely isn't there for dramatic effect.

And, yeah, there are some judders when the game is streaming islands (more noticeable when you have the Swift Sail and quickly bounce back and forth between squares).

Didn't have that problem on mine? In fact I haven't noticed it slowdown at all so far.

After some time with WW HD I really wish that nintendo would do another cel-shaded zelda, set in hyrule...They would have so much freedom with character design and art...

I've been saying this since WW came out (the first time): I'd love OoT remade with WW art style. It fits Zelda perfectly imo and I'd be happy for them to use it for Zelda U aswell.

White Man

Use the gyro if you aren't. If you are, then iunno. Get better? lol

Aiming in this game is off without it imo.
Sticks + Gyro > OG GC controls > sticks

I loathe the gyro, but the big problem is there's no reticule. I have no idea where arrows are going. I don't know what to use as a base for targeting.

MarkusRJR

Just picked this game up. So good. I wish the shadows were a little less jagged but overall it looks gorgeous. I have this hardcore nostalgia since this was my first Zelda game (I never really got into the series until WW's visuals pulled me in). So excited to play through it again.

Mecca

Write them down or print them :p? A smartphone could do the trick too if you have one.

I could easily do those things, but I'd much prefer to just access it from the menu like in the GC version. If Nintendo allows the use of the Pro Controller, they should at least make it so everything is available through the menu.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I could easily do those things, but I'd much prefer to just access it from the menu like in the GC version. If Nintendo allows the use of the Pro Controller, they should at least make it so everything is available through the menu.
Nintendo makes a lot of stupid decisions.

Nintendo: "Hey, you can hide most of the HUD."
Me: "Okay, I can understand the hearts and magic always being visible even though I'd prefer hiding everything but why the fuck am I forced to always see my rupee count?"
Nintendo: "LOL"

Jacobbles

I don't suppose if anyone knows if there's more than one Red Wizzrobe in the game?

I'm trying to complete the figurine collection but I already beat the mini-boss of the Wind Temple, and as far as I'm aware that guy doesn't show up anywhere else :/ I'm worried I'll have to get him in NG+

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
The figure gallery looks so damn good in 1080p, with the lighting and shine and the DOF on the figures in the background. This 720p screen doesn't even do it justice.

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01feqoa.jpg

Fess

LTTP here, this is actually the first time I'm playing this game, and I'm almost in tears of joy while playing it, this is sooo good. It breaks my heart thinking that it will probably bomb saleswise. I'm guessing that it bombed on GameCube too. This game deserves better. I'm quite early on in the game but this is by far the best 3D Zelda for me so far.

Caved and bought this yesterday. So stunning both visually and aurally.

Sadly, I can't help but view the sword combat unfavorably due to my memories of the Gamecube version of Twilight Princess. At least Gyro aiming is as awesome as ever!

If you arrive at an island at dawn, you can see ALL shadows from the buildings/trees/persons move slowly into place until its noon.

Looks pretty cool!

I have an excess of rupees, and I don't know what to do with em.

Any of you guys put any actual thought into decorating Windfall with those joy pedestals?

You can bring them up after you pull out your Wind Waker. I forget what button to hit since I did it by accident. I'll figure it out when I get home.

I can use it. My major problem is that I still have no idea where my arrows are actually going.
I guess you just have to get used to it, like Ocarina of time. Just practice for five minutes shooting pots or something.

Dr Dogg

Only just started this up this morning (hard to pull myself away from TW101) and good grief this game is even more beautiful than ever. Seeing as I only just two months ago played a portion on Dolphin in anticipation I doubt I'll go back to that.

Plus I'm loving a few of the control tweeks like circle the stick to spin attack. That and the Gamepad\Pro Controller are some of the most comfortable controllers I've ever used.

Just got to Windfall so can only get better. And to think I wasn't that bothered about the Wii U.

shawnlreed

I have an excess of rupees, and I don't know what to do with em.

Any of you guys put any actual thought into decorating Windfall with those joy pedestals?

There are some statues that seem more appropriate for joy pedestals in certain areas.
Shop Guru Statues or Big Sale Flags for the Auction house.
Skull Tower Idols for the Potion house.
Exotic Flowers for the school teacher's house.

Or you can do what I always do, which is to buy Shop Guru Statues for all 39 Joy Pedestals just to have something to blow 7800 Rupees on.

D-e-f-

Banned
You're kidding right?
Damn, that really sucks.
So many good titles bombing so hard.
I'm starting to wonder if 3D World and MK8 will be strong enough to turn the Wii U around.

While it's still the worst the franchise has sold over there, Zelda was never really big in Japan compared to the West. Mario cleans house every time. Even Pikmin did better so Mario will do his usual magic.

Can't have empty buttons. Must equip something else in that slot.

Is the heat distortion effect still there?

Yes but it's less noticeable.

Hey! My free soundtrack from Club Nintendo came! I didn't expect it for another couple weeks.

Sure, rub salt in the wound :(

Top Bottom