• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legion |OT| Insert X-Men Meme - Wednesdays 10/9c on FX

gforguava

This show is something else, another masterful episode.

Promo SPOILER:
I'm glad Kerry/Carey are still around(well I assume as much but who knows with this show), I was going to be upset if they went out like that considering we just got to know them.

WriterGK

Yeah great show so far. Really like it :) Had my doubts during the pilot but stuck in and still finished it. Glad I did.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Z3PgAlL.jpg

bennylenny

Was it established in episode one that he knew Lenny before being put into the hospital? In episode one it sort of felt like he just met her there, and I thought maybe she was infiltrating his past memories in episode 2, but it was made clear in episode 3 that they were friends before that.

I guess this episode answered my question.

HariKari

Is the "Eye" guy someone from the comics or made just for the show? Can't find anything and don't know a lot about the character to begin with.

This show is so bizarre that I can't imagine trying to introduce someone to it.

I really enjoyed Kerry's characterization in this episode. So she's shown being seemingly pretty one note (constantly going on about "time for a fight" and stuff) which would normally make her just seem like a joke character, but it's established that she's basically only lived out the "exciting" parts of her/Cary's life. He does all the normal stuff, and then she comes out when it's time for a fight. So she's actually pretty stunted in her growth as a person, and the fighting and action are the only things that she can really perceive as part of her life. And that ties into the fact that she's only aging when she's outside of Cary.

It's very smart character writing, but it's done in a way that if you aren't paying attention it makes her seem like some sort of one note character that's being given cringey dialogue. That's a tough thing to pull off.

I'm so lost. Doesnt help I was cooking while watching it so probably missed everything important lol. Might need to do a rewatch of all of it.

This is really not a show to watch while doing something else. Every scene is so dense and packed with details.

Is the "Eye" guy someone from the comics or made just for the show? Can't find anything and don't know a lot about the character to begin with.

This show is so bizarre that I can't imagine trying to introduce someone to it.

Someone earlier mentioned there was a theory that he was
Longshot. That mutant has insane luck, which would explain him not getting shot. He also has an eye issue.

Though it doesn't explain the other powers he seemed to use.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Show has been getting better and better every episode with 4 being the best so far. Unfortunately I gotta shade on that little girl a bit tho, she's an abysmal actor and the fight scene with her was so poorly done. She almost took me out of an otherwise instant classic episode.

I really love that for as wigged out as this show is it's never hard to follow or comprehend what's happening, which I've found to be a bit of a struggle in the Legion comics.

Future

Show has been getting better and better every episode with 4 being the best so far. Unfortunately I gotta shade on that little girl a bit tho, she's an abysmal actor and the fight scene with her was so poorly done. She almost took me out of an otherwise instant classic episode.

I really love that for as wigged out as this show is it's never hard to follow or comprehend what's happening, which I've found to be a bit of a struggle in the Legion comics.

I think it's a little hard to follow. So many cuts that if you have to be paying deep attention to this understand. Reminds me of west world, where you needed to absorb every detail to follow what's happening.

It's shot really well, but my wife gave up on it because of this

The "benny" twist was great. I guess she has always just been in his head as a replacement for someone else. I wonder who else he sees in this show that's not there. Also wonder if Kerry and carries split is foreshadowing some other character that is just a projection of his but seems real to everyone.

Im confused with syds switch places powers though. I thought she literally switched places and went into the other body. Yet at the end it seemed like she actually just shapeshifts? But how could that makes sense? When she switched with legion before his body never left the hospital?

gforguava

Im confused with syds switch places powers though. I thought she literally switched places and went into the other body. Yet at the end it seemed like she actually just shapeshifts? But how could that makes sense? When she switched with legion before his body never left the hospital?
They switch minds(as in her mind goes in their body) but when it wears off instead of their minds just switching back their bodies swap places.

A dog named King that only he could see that follows him around like a shadow. I added the last bit, but still... When combined with the parasite comments and the connection with the astral plane it either blatantly is that character/entity or it is just a classic case of misdirection.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I'm done with this show. I'm constantly bored by it.

I thought Episode 4 was the best so far, but I'm sorta leaning on dropping it too. The only thing keeping me in is that it's only 8 episodes and the hope Hawley brings some Fargo magic on the back end.

- Onion A|V Club Live: David’s journey to the astral plane on Legion left us awestruck (video feature)
The latest episode of Legion wasn’t just the most impressive installment yet. It also transported us fully to the place known as the astral plane, a location that we’ve seen pieces of before, but never so in-depth and with such evocative imagery. While there, David has an intense conversation with Oliver (or rather, what may or may not be the real Oliver), who explains to him the nature of his problem—including the “parasite” we know as the Yellow-Eyed Demon. A.V. Club staffers Alex McLevy, Laura Browning, and Cameron Scheetz break down the nature of this new development, asking whether it succeeds as fully as the rest of the episode. As with most things Legion, the answer is far from clear.

kirblar

Definitely seems like they've mashed up Shadow King and Mojo both here- the TV motif is just way too strong (and OG comics Mojo is too weird to ever really see the light of day.)

MAN what a mindfuck episode.
Did anyone else get Twin Peaks vibes with the guy in ice cube? Instead of a red room it was a blue room

Pkaz01

Kinda getting tired of this show.. I dont mind confusion and mind fucks as long as its explained but this show just keeps going down the rabbit hole and the main characters just keep fucking up. halfway in and we barely know anything beyond what we could've figured out in the first episode.

I don't mean to sound like a dick, but I really don't understand how some of you are so lost haha. There's obviously stuff we aren't aware of in the mystery of David's past, but the actual events happening seem pretty straight forward to me.

Jag

I really liked the ice scenes, although I was surprised when
David mentions Melanie, he didn't get more of a reaction from her husband. He seemed to have his memories intact.

Mariolee

I really liked the ice scenes, although I was surprised when
David mentions Melanie, he didn't get more of a reaction from her husband. He seemed to have his memories intact.

He had no idea I believe that it was the same Melanie.

sturmdogg

I just realized: David's a dick. He busted out of the astral plane and he didn't even think of bringing Melanie's husband along.

Jag

I just realized: David's a dick. He busted out of the astral plane and he didn't even think of bringing Melanie's husband along.

He's got some....issues.

And if you think he's a hero, you haven't been paying attention.

Shai-Tan

Banned
I liked the first 3 but I thought episode 4 was awful. I like how David's story is unraveling but it otherwise was poorly edited, random and scattershot in not particularly interesting ways, and that double character was horribly written to go along with the bad action choreography.

Top Bottom