• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legion |OT| Insert X-Men Meme - Wednesdays 10/9c on FX

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So, if I want to read the comics: Which trades should I hunt down?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Oh wow, that episode was spooky as hell. The Yellow Eyed Man and the Angriest Boy in the World are two of the most unsettling TV characters I've ever seen.

Anyway, this show is great so far. I just love David and Syd's relationship. It's so sweet. :]

Zalasta

Finally saw the pilot after falling asleep the first time. I enjoyed everything except for the action sequence in the end. I didn't love how it was shot, and the guy that was flinging everything and everyone around just made it even more cartoony. I hope that part of the show improves.

Mihos

Gold Member
My guess is they are just using Amahl Farouk in place of Jemail Karami for that part of his origin story.... which is a good thing I think

Actually, Shadow King (Farouk) took over Legion in the Muir Island saga.. but that whole thing would be way to crazy to try and pull off in a TV show.

The real question is, who is the one 'acting' as his dad that he can't see his face? I bet that is going to be the real surprise.

- Onion A|V Club Live discussion from last week: Are the dream sequences in Legion becoming the most important part of the show?
FX’s Legion is gorgeous to look at, but some people have expressed a hope for a somewhat more coherent narrative moving forward. That hope gets answered this week, as the series’ third episode not only fuses the dream sequences with significant action and narrative momentum, but provides the best installment yet of the Marvel show. Staffers Alex McLevy, Danette Chavez, and Gwen Ihnat break down the key beats of “Chapter 3” and even spend a little time talking about whether it’s getting a little too intense for some viewers. (Hint: No, it’s just getting even more awesome.)

Epcott

What is even going on anymore? I get the feeling they're still in his memory/subconsciousness. But that can't be. Who is the dreamer, and who is the figment?

Can't wait to do a rewatch when this is all over.

somedevil

So he has been stuck in the astral plane since the 60's. Plus that yellow monster seems part of David using him for some reason and screwing with his memory to keep him under his control. It all seems to start from what when he talked to the star.

Things moved fast there at the end. I was expecting that all to be set up for a whole additional episode with Syd being swapped or something.

somedevil

It seems this all started when as a kid he talked to the stars. Then it started with him talking to a dog that never existed. Now its lenny.

It uses him for what reason? Is it feeding off his negative emotions?

hydruxo

So
Shadow King (in the form of Lenny) abused David's powers to enter into the real world, right? We saw it there at the end when it put its hand on David's shoulder and Lenny popped up.

somedevil

So
Shadow King (in the form of Lenny) abused David's powers to enter into the real world, right? We saw it there at the end when it put its hand on David's shoulder and Lenny popped up.

I saw more like
it wanted to escape the astral plane cause its stuck their as long as David is. So it got him angry to get him back to the real world.

jon_i634

Banned
I know nothing about the comics this show comes from, but I keep hearing about
the Shadow King
. It's not a coincidence that
David's made up dog is called King
, is it?

Regardless, this was an A+ episode of TV if I ever saw one. Real Twin Peaks\Black Lodge vibes.

Ooh, that was interesting. The shot of the monster stuck outside. And that was an interesting talk.

Some of those power using poses LOL. One was totally a Kamehameha.

Edit: Woah. Nice twist.

Not sure how 4 more goons overpowered her after she just took out a group of them with ease. She didn't seem tired since she was smiling right before.
Dude, you got taken down fast lol!
Nice job Syd! Good save.

Oops, you realized too late David.
Freaking Lenny.

Top Bottom