• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legion |OT| Insert X-Men Meme - Wednesdays 10/9c on FX

hydruxo

Why did I watch this before going to sleep. Holy shit that was fucking trippy. What the fuck happened at the end there?

Who would have thought Aubrey Plaza would be playing the bad guy here

Aubrey is just amazing on this show. She's been killing it.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I'd say that was my favorite episode of this show so far. Things have finally started moving forward. Two nights in a row with an FX show having scenes with prolonged silence hehe

kirblar

Lenny IMO had a body but was always the parasite. Think Sid killed the body when she was David. That was the only death right. Everyone else was in cells with no doors.
I think OG Lenny was real (she never acted manipulative in the first ep) but the parasite took her form after Syd accidentally killed her.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I think OG Lenny was real (she never acted manipulative in the first ep) but the parasite took her form after Syd accidentally killed her.

That's what I'm thinking, too.

Seems like it has taken the form of multiple people/dog throughout David's life. Lenny is just the newest, it probably picked her since he has a friendly relationship with her, easier to not attract attention towards itself and still be able to fuck with David.

I like how they used Lenny making out with him as an excuse to puff David's hair up for that scene when everyone burst into the room.

Grazzt

Wtf did I just watch? How can this show be so good?!
What are the powers of the Eye? Looks like he is in the TK guy's body/mind or something.
Edit: Or did the eye kill the TK guy and disguised as him?

Seesaw15

The one thing that really struck me about this episode was how young Syd's character is. I know the actress is 24 but since she's mostly in a parental role taking care of David she seems late 20's early 30's.

Finalow

this scene from episode 4 was so damn good. and this last episode (5) was probably the best one yet. loved the ending too, the next episode with all of them (their minds?) being trapped there should be fun.

Noah Hawley delivering a great show as expected. I don't mind them taking things slowly since I'm enjoying the direction and the visuals so much.

also, kudos to Aubrey Plaza for the stellar performance so far.

but yes, nothing beats spazlore forcing girls to shower with him. and if they refuse, IF THEY DARE REFUSE the alpha elf ex-300 lbs champion deformed ears male that he is, they'll be treated like shit because how dare you, silly girl, refuse my beautiful elf-like face.
amusing part: how long until the nerd alpha himself will find out these editings? 1 week? 1 month? Never? Stay tuned.

Last edited:

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I'm surprised we got so much ass.

I can't remember the last time I saw that amount of bootie outside HBO.

Seesaw15

I'm surprised we got so much ass.

I can't remember the last time I saw that amount of bootie outside HBO.

Funnily enough Noah Hawley showed a lot of Rachel Keller's butt in the last season of Fargo and we see a bunch of booty in the Americans.

Someone at FX must just like ass.

caliph95

Funnily enough Noah Hawley showed a lot of Rachel Keller's butt in the last season of Fargo and we see a bunch of booty in the Americans.

Someone at FX must just like ass.
I guess to compete with HBO's Ceo of tits Fx decide to counter with a CEO of ass.

Seesaw15

Also, its funny towards the end of the episode I was thinking, " That mental hospital set and costumes sure seemed expensive to only show in two episodes."

Christian

Did anyone else notice when Cary and is trying to talk to Melanie when it's completely silent near the end, he tries screaming "motherfucker"? Thought that was hilarious.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Did anyone else notice when Cary and is trying to talk to Melanie when it's completely silent near the end, he tries screaming "motherfucker"? Thought that was hilarious.
That dude plays a mute in everything. I thought it was funny he couldn't talk

dionysus

Yaldog
Could be. Though the parasite didn't need to be as manipulative then because David was unaware and the parasite had free reign.

I really liked how David had some of Lenny's mannerisms in the security cam footage when he was confident and attacking division 3 or whatever they are called.

sturmdogg

Holy crap I just realized...last week's episode, where Kissinger was talking to Amy in the cell...he said David talked to King, the dog, and Amy said they had no dog.

King.

KING.

SHADOW KING.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
The scene where David is playing the instrument, and Syd closes the bathroom door. Holy fuck that was one of the most disconcerting scenes I've experienced without it being outwardly obvious. That sense of dread was real.

tirminyl

The scene where David is playing the instrument, and Syd closes the bathroom door. Holy fuck that was one of the most disconcerting scenes I've experienced without it being outwardly obvious. That sense of dread was real.

Right? It was so unsettling to just have a cute little dog staring back as she closes the door.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
d0dYgQ4.gif

Teletraan1

Banned

Isn't that the song from the muppet movie? I was terrified lol.

BlueTsunami

Right? It was so unsettling to just have a cute little dog staring back as she closes the door.

Like any wrong move on her part could set it off

Isn't that the song from the muppet movie? I was terrified lol.

Yeah, Rainbow Connection. Good move on their part for using such a innocent song for that scene.

And from one article ive read, I'm happy to see I'm not the only one that got Twin Peaks vibes from this episode. Especially when Syd is being pursued by the Shadow King.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
It seems like there are people watching this that are unfamiliar with Legion in the comics. I'm not sure what angle the show is going to take as far as the "parasite" and how the Angry Boy plays into it, but they seem like red herrings to me.

The entire premise of the Legion character is that he's a mutant that has the powers of thousands of other mutants in his mind, giving him basically every power. Everyone is saying that all of these personalities in the show are just constructs of the parasite, but they (as well as the parasite itself and all of David's team, including Syd) could just as easily be David's personalities. I think the final scene with them all in therapy hinted at this pretty strongly.

Of course the nature of the character means they can take it pretty much anywhere they want. He's basically his own built-in deus ex machina.

kirblar

The way in which Syd interacts w/ David's mindspace relative to the others (plus the weirdness in episode 1) makes it a strong possibility that she's in his head and actually part of him. This makes...much less sense for everyone else.

BlueTsunami

If that comes to be true about Syd, it'll be exceptionally tragic that he went to that length to create a being that empathises with him. It fits too, a dark and light aspect with the Shadow King and Syd.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I think Syd is dead. She was killed by those bullets in this episode. David took her mind to their special place to save her, and then the parasite took everyone into a version of the mental hospital (still inside David's mind).

The way in which Syd interacts w/ David's mindspace relative to the others (plus the weirdness in episode 1) makes it a strong possibility that she's in his head and actually part of him. This makes...much less sense for everyone else.

I mean its totally possible that she's one of his personalities that he literally split off of himself into corporeal form, like Onslaught or something. Literally a pure psionic entity that David split off due to whatever reason (or unintentionally).

If that comes to be true about Syd, it'll be exceptionally tragic that he went to that length to create a being that empathises with him. It fits too, a dark and light aspect with the Shadow King and Syd.
Exactly. Maybe once SK sunk his clutches into David more firmly at Sunnydale after the incident, David subconsciously split off the most light part of him to protect it?

I feel like either way they definitely want people to wonder whether Syd is real or not.

Also, this entire episode was tragic, horrifying, and mind warping. In the beginning David is completely killing it with the unsettling attitude. Then SK is finally unleashed, and we have an amazing Metal Gear Solid walking moment walking past his destruction and seeing his aftermath. Then finally the confrontation in the house, the silence, the multiple threads (Longshot? acting as telekentic guy?, Syd chasing after David, David tormenting Amy, the others moving throughout silently, the distortion). And then the finally. Obviously a trick, but the show is just so crazy it dares you to think they were playing with us the whole time.

Finest show on tv right now.

It seems like there are people watching this that are unfamiliar with Legion in the comics. I'm not sure what angle the show is going to take as far as the "parasite" and how the Angry Boy plays into it, but they seem like red herrings to me.

The entire premise of the Legion character is that he's a mutant that has the powers of thousands of other mutants in his mind, giving him basically every power. Everyone is saying that all of these personalities in the show are just constructs of the parasite, but they (as well as the parasite itself and all of David's team, including Syd) could just as easily be David's personalities. I think the final scene with them all in therapy hinted at this pretty strongly.

Of course the nature of the character means they can take it pretty much anywhere they want. He's basically his own built-in deus ex machina.

Agree and disagree. I think they're doing exactly what you're talking about with Syd. She's the first of many. The scenes with him being screamed at by hundreds of surrounding people are more to this. But I think the show is making it clear that Lenny/King the dog, are Shadow King.

What would be interesting is if those are all pieces of him, there is only one shadow king, and he has been corrupting/commandeering David's own personalities for his own use to slowly gain more and more power within him. So maybe Lenny/King/The Boy/etc ARE all David, but they have now been taken over by SK.

I think Syd is dead. She was killed by those bullets in this episode. David took her mind to their special place to save her, and then the parasite took everyone into a version of the mental hospital (still inside David's mind).

I think David saved Syd from the parasite by making the hospital at the end. He was doing his mental break down scream which is when he uses his powers.

Holy shit this past episode was awesome. The whole series has been incredible so far.

Aubrey Plaza is absolutely on one in this show, crazy to see her going from Parks and Rec to this.

Top Bottom