• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legion |OT| Insert X-Men Meme - Wednesdays 10/9c on FX

Seeing Aubery Plaza straddle and lick a guy while those horrible slobbering noises were playing is, perhaps, the most conflicted Iv'e felt my entire life.

d0dYgQ4.gif
Loved this. This episode was so fucking good, and incredibly unsettling throughout. Right from the start of it I could tell that was way too confident to actually be David. Does that mean Syd had sex with the parasite? It's a terrifying thought. The silent sequence was amazing, and it's funny how an X-Men show is one of the best horror tv shows on the air.

Shoutout for playing Daily Mail by Radiohead. Fits this show so well. "The lunatics have taken over the asylum, waiting on a rapture."

hydruxo

Soo good

Amazing episode, BTW the guy who shoot David was the villain who took the body from the real one?
Still have no idea was his power is
xd

Yeah that was The Eye. He can shapeshift apparently (he did it in ep 4 when he was disguised as David's old psychatrist). Not sure the extent of his powers other than that though.

JS3DX

This show is just AWESOME.

It's a slow burn, but by now it's leagues better than most of the Netflix's Marvel Universe

Just saw the last episode. Goddamn I love this show. So bonkers.

Going back to the time period convo, we got a solid number on how long Miriam's husband has been under (21 years) so now I'm even more confused lol. I guess it's the early 80s? Doesn't really matter to me honestly, I'm just kind of fascinated by it.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Super Saiyan David is scary as fuck.

Also, how come Syd didn't release that guy? Wasn't he just David's old doctor? I feel like I forgot something important there cus that scene was a bit odd.

saunderez

Super Saiyan David is scary as fuck.

Also, how come Syd didn't release that guy? Wasn't he just David's old doctor? I feel like I forgot something important there cus that scene was a bit odd.

Yeah I was puzzled about that too. Was definitely Kissinger, he was acting a bit strangely but can't really blame him for that after being imprisoned by D3.

Burt

It was fantastic to see the fat man in clear, hard light and have him not look like shit. Too many TV shows have fallen flat on their face when it comes to that sort of thing.

Also, Aubrey Plaza is the best and I really hope she doesn't go away anytime soon.

Mariolee

You know how sometimes when horror films show the monster in bright lights it becomes way less terrifying?

That did NOT happen here holy shit. This Shadow King design is one of the most unsettling creature designs I've ever seen. The fact that it works in both darkness as well as in just broad daylight and still be effectively creepy is incredible.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
You know how sometimes when horror films show the monster in bright lights it becomes way less terrifying?

That did NOT happen here holy shit. This Shadow King design is one of the most unsettling creature designs I've ever seen. The fact that it works in both darkness as well as in just broad daylight and still be effectively creepy is incredible.

Agreed. That thing is freaky as fuck.

HariKari

Show is still consistently good, I just wonder if it would have been better on a streaming service where you could binge and not have to wait for answers.

The hospital seems like a maze Syd is supposed to figure out. The Eye being there with them is also weird as hell. Still don't really know what his other powers are.

Last episode was amazing. Looks like the entity being Shadow King is heavily implied at this point. Loved the double cliff hangers we got, seeing what happened after the eye tries to shoot David and then what happens after David transports everyone back to Clockworks after the Shadow King tries to attack Syd.

Guess next episode is mostly centered on them trying to break out of David's mind again, wouldn't be surprised if what happens in the house isn't picked up again till episode 7.

I think the Eye is actually a psychic like David. I don't believe he physically shapeshifts as much as he psychically masks his identity. Would also explain how he could sense David and Syd when they where watching his sister being questioned and why he seems so brazen when it comes to taking David head on.

Alpende

Lenny making out with David paired with those demon sounds was unsettling to say the least. I liked this episode a lot more than the previous one. David's powers are insane.

What I don´t get is Syd trying to save them from bullets by asking David to bring them to the White Room. It was clearly established in the last episode about the Astral Plane and in this episode when the Room is first show that their minds go to that place, that is David messing with the electrical impulses from their brains, their bodies stayed where they were. It was clearly show in the White Room, while David and Syd were there, their bodies are showed by the lake.

And David is a powerful Telekinetic que explodes people by looking at them, should have been easier just to get rid of the bullets.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
What I don´t get is Syd trying to save them from bullets by asking David to bring them to the White Room. It was clearly established in the last episode about the Astral Plane and in this episode when the Room is first show that their minds go to that place, that is David messing with the electrical impulses from their brains, their bodies stayed where they were. It was clearly show in the White Room, while David and Syd were there, their bodies are showed by the lake.

And David is a powerful Telekinetic que explodes people by looking at them, should have been easier just to get rid of the bullets.

Maybe time outside of the white room moves slowly? To buy them time. Ita crazy the amount of shit happened in the last few minutes.

Dysun

Dreadful, mysterious, tense, riveting. What a great episode

The next few episodes should be a treat if this is only the beginning of the reveals

Arkeband

Banned
The scene where they see the Shadow King walking through the hallways because the cameras are set to a different setting was a great 'reveal' moment.

SamVimes

Last episode was actually great. I did enjoy the show but damn.
Also didn't expect to hear a (great) Radiohead b-side that was recorded in a live session.

Looks like Patrick Stewart is open to showing up as Professor X in Legion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsmTReftEt8

It'll be pretty funny if they try to take a decade or so off of him after trying to make him look old as fuck in Logan.

I also wonder if Stevens will get in trouble for stating the connection between the two characters outright. Anyone who knows the comic history of the character or seen his wiki page knows about it but it seems like the show is being a lot less forthcoming about it than I thought it would be.

Probably because Noah thinks there's more interesting things to explore than who is David's daddy but I worry the show might be trying to set it up as a lame twist.

Yeah, but that's kinda like when they put Clark Gregg on Kimmel with the Avengers cast and they're like "oh, sure we'd be on Shield...". Just awkward if you say no.

I also wonder if Stevens will get in trouble for stating the connection between the two characters outright
I've seen it mentioned by cast members enough times unprompted that I assume it's a part of their press notes on what they're allowed to say. Name dropping an X-Men character's name to try and get the casuals.

Like you said, I don't know if it'll ever factor into the actual show since they have much more to deal with.

Mulberry

I keep thinking about episode 4 and The Eye. His powers remind me so much of Domino. Bullets can't hit him and guns malfunction. Perhaps he is involved with the weapon x program.

Finally catching up with this week. This is what the show needs to be. I felt they've spun their wheels and been too vague the last few episodes, but this felt really good.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I feel like the last two episodes existed as adequate build up. They could have easily dragged that shit for a good 10 or more episodes without really explaining anything, conversely without those episodes the reveals in this episode would have almost no weight. It's a good everything clicks into place though I'm not sure exactly how that doctor dude managed to figure out so much with the evidence given. Felt almost like the writers speaking to the viewers than something someone would neccessary figure out with that set of information.

Future

Well last episode was fantastic. Finally things moving forward. I love the whole he's so dangerously powerful that even the good guys are always at risk. It'd be like if people around superman were afraid he might vaporize them in any second.

Last episode pretty much confirmed that everyone around legion has been real so far, including the other telekinesis guy. I'm glad about that. Edit: I guess syd is still a question but that elaborate backstory of her switching places with her mom puts me in Team Real for now

And I guess legions personalities actually become visible to other people? And didn't syd say she killed her when they switched bodies in episode 1? I wonder if she actually just suppressed her, and then she (parasite) just came back

CloudWolf

That'd be amazing (and probably pretty weird to watch).

I'm also pretty amazed how openly Stevens talks about the connection. Probably means that they're not going to bring that up. I mean, if they were planning some sort of reveal, Stevens would never, ever be allowed to say stuff like that on talk shows.

Wow I fucking loved that episode. The strongest of the series for me

The silence was both creepy and very well executed. Such a cool scene, Aubrey Plaza is actually pretty scary as well.

And of course the angry boy and shadow king are freaky as shit too. Hell, even the security footage of David disintegtrating the soldiers was a bit unsettling, the way he cheerfully took it all in stride made him look like some mischievous demon

The xmen franchise is absurdly good this year. Best comic movie in years and now the best comic tv show. Is anybody reminded of that twilight zone episode where the kid has the power of God and has his family hostage in fear of what he'll do to them? (It's a Good Life). That's what this show reminds me of right now

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Well last episode was fantastic. Finally things moving forward. I love the whole he's so dangerously powerful that even the good guys are always at risk. It'd be like if people around superman were afraid he might vaporize them in any second.

Last episode pretty much confirmed that everyone around legion has been real so far, including the other telekinesis guy. I'm glad about that. Edit: I guess syd is still a question but that elaborate backstory of her switching places with her mom puts me in Team Real for now

And I guess legions personalities actually become visible to other people? And didn't syd say she killed her when they switched bodies in episode 1? I wonder if she actually just suppressed her, and then she (parasite) just came back

She could still exist (as a random patient in the menal hospital) and the Shadow King merely coopted her existence or it could have been the shdow king all along the way it's built so far with the illusions sometimes being visible it could go either way. It's bit hazy though as noone has ever seen the dog in real life (His sister said they didn't even have a dog) and that's why theirs no picks of said dog. Everything to do with the angry boy so far seems to be fake and implanted but there's a reasonable chance of big revelaton about that. Yellow eyed seems to be the closest thing to the shadow kings true form and it seems to be the one david's most aware of and maybe afraid of.

jelly

I even did an intake of breath when the creepy head bobble thing appeared in the house and she looks stunned with a tear running down her face.

It'll be pretty funny if they try to take a decade or so off of him after trying to make him look old as fuck in Logan.

I also wonder if Stevens will get in trouble for stating the connection between the two characters outright. Anyone who knows the comic history of the character or seen his wiki page knows about it but it seems like the show is being a lot less forthcoming about it than I thought it would be.

Probably because Noah thinks there's more interesting things to explore than who is David's daddy but I worry the show might be trying to set it up as a lame twist.
I'd totally be down for Stewart having a brief cameo, maybe giving David the push he needs to conquer The Shadow King.

I'm also pretty amazed how openly Stevens talks about the connection. Probably means that they're not going to bring that up. I mean, if they were planning some sort of reveal, Stevens would never, ever be allowed to say stuff like that on talk shows.
Hasn't Noah Hawley brought up the possibility of Professor X in interviews?

~Kinggi~

Banned
Jesus fuck im watching the first episode right now and this is the legit shit. And now im researching and its part of X-Men? What? And the creator of Fargo made it? I mean it all makes sense in a weird way. But I have no idea about any of the story. Like, is this the Marvel Fox universe like with Logan and X-Men or is it connected to the Disney Marvel universe now? And what shows on TV actually feature this particular Marvel universe?

But hot damn this show is some quality stuff so far.

edit; well did more research, should be interesting to see where this all goes. Love the concept though.

OP and Mods I propose a survey.

Which characters and scenarios do you think are "real"?

1. All of it.
2. Clockworks
3.Thor: The Dark World

Top Bottom