• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legion |OT| Insert X-Men Meme - Wednesdays 10/9c on FX

They haven't and FX has renewed it anyway!
It's FX. They can be weird and not get high live ratings, it'll get renewed for other reasons.

A0j2lJg.gif

My thoughts from the cancellation thread:
The L7 numbers have typically been +150% on the same day ratings. It's not putting up huge numbers, but it's doing fine for FX, the demo numbers skew very young, they like working with Hawley, and it received critical praise. That's enough for FX to renew.

cyborg009

Banned
The devil with yellow eyes was so crazy last episode, I love this series so much after I fallen off of Flash and DC legends.

tirminyl

I'm sitting here decompressing from this episode and it's playing again on FX. Now that we know what happens behind the door, watching the episode over gives so much more context with the first encounter of the door.

Burt

Probably the first episode I've been lukewarm on.

I've been more than fine with the scattershot delivery of narrative clues throughout the season, but the show was finally starting to provide some framework to slide the pieces into... and then we're back in the hospital at square one. And that isn't necessarily even be a problem because it doesn't take a 'next week on' preview to understand Legion has places to go with all of its characters stuck in a mental projection, but it felt like this episode was spinning its wheels for 90% of the time. I didn't dislike it, but the pacing falling short combined with the macro-progression of the show grinding to a halt was a little off-putting.

That being said

Give Aubrey Plaza her Emmy

Now

"The Eye" making those shrug and I'm too good for this shit movements as she questioned him was so good lol. Though he was weird through the rest of the ep.
The title screens rolling in was great.
LOL that drool conversation was hilarious. Those looks David was giving him lol.
No pie for you lol
That evil strut music number was amazing and hilarious LOL.
That green man in the vines or whatever, WTF man!
Neat "frozen time" scene. Those creepy "Hera from Hercules TLJ" eyes at the end too.
Heh, she's had enough.
Oooh, that talk of a certain someone and slinging insults at him.
Running out of time to fight back and throw her out David.
Okay, that's amazing, heh.

Yeah, it was a pretty fun episode with some nice extra looks at the other characters but it's true "real time" didn't pass much this week, whereas last week was pretty much the fastest paced the show has been which did add a bit of a stalling feeling a bit with the villain stalling for time (which I guess technically it was since it said fuck it this is too hard at the end).

Cary in Oliver's suit
there at the end. Damn this show is so good.

That was amazing.

It's an astounding work of art.

Aubrey Plaza was a scene stealer but everyone else was owning their altered roles this episode.

She's great but it's getting close to the time when she needs to die though or at least get kicked out. I hope they don't stretch her out too far.

Cary and Kerry also stole the ep.

LOL Oliver in the preview, so good.

JDMC13

In all the television, I have ever watched I have never been more upset than when
Kerry and Cary had to sleep in separate rooms. I could taste the separation anxiety, and it tasted like pure sadness.

gspec

The end credits song is "oh you pretty things". This is a David Bowie song but they have someone else singing it. I like this version but can't find it so it must be exclusive to the show. Hopefully it will become available.

hydruxo

Lenny's dance number reminded me of a vintage James Bond opening credits scene haha. It was awesome.

Cary & Kerry are slowly becoming two of my favorite characters on the show. Those two actors work perfectly together.

Lenny's dance number reminded me of a vintage James Bond opening credits scene haha. It was awesome.

Cary & Kerry are slowly becoming two of my favorite characters on the show. Those two actors work perfectly together.

Oh yeah, it did, so that's what it was making me think of lol.

Agreed. Love those two characters.

EdmondD

Love this show. One of my issues with it was that I felt it wasn't weird enough. I am now very satisfied by the amount of weirdness. It was driving me crazy but I finally figured out that his sister is Jenny from The League.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Fuck me, this episode ended too soon.

Also, please stop with all the sexy Lenny stuff, Legion. I can't love Aubrey Plaza more than I already do. This ain't fair.

Quick question then im out because I want to avoid anything.
Only seen 2 previews that didn't sell it well, is the X-Men theme/world legit or is it thinly tacked on to sell something else(early Agents of Shield for example.)

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Quick question then im out because I want to avoid anything.
Only seen 2 previews that didn't sell it well, is the X-Men theme/world legit or is it thinly tacked on to sell something else(early Agents of Shield for example.)

It's about mutants but that's about it and the show is better because of it.

Don't go into this show expecting an "X-Men" show, just go inspecting a trippy mindfuck that's unlike anything on TV right now.

Legit but not the focus.

It's about mutants but that's about it and the show is better because of it.

Don't go into this show expecting an "X-Men" show, just go inspecting a trippy mindfuck that's unlike anything on TV right now.

Thanks,
Yeah im not really looking for an X-Men show, just something that does interesting stuff within it's universe:current AoS, Gotham.
(and that doesn't matter anyway really if the hype is real)

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
lol @ Aubrey Plaza's face in the pie followed by that dance sequence. Beautiful.

That being said,

I've been more than fine with the scattershot delivery of narrative clues throughout the season, but the show was finally starting to provide some framework to slide the pieces into... and then we're back in the hospital at square one. And that isn't necessarily even be a problem because it doesn't take a 'next week on' preview to understand Legion has places to go with all of its characters stuck in a mental projection, but it felt like this episode was spinning its wheels for 90% of the time. I didn't dislike it, but the pacing falling short combined with the macro-progression of the show grinding to a halt was a little off-putting.

I agree with this. The "trapped in the mindscape" story probably didn't need to span an entire episode - it felt a little too protracted to me.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Episode itself was good. I like the therapy sessions opener and the focus on Syd. And of course it was beautifully shot. I just wish this show hadn't​ played the dream/memory exploration card so many times earlier in the season. This series is so short and we've already been down that road several times. But overall I still appreciated the character work that we got here.

That being said

Give Aubrey Plaza her Emmy

Now

I agree also, first episode that wasn't fully engrossed in but Aubrey was great... I did like the mention of David's father (heh) having history with what "Lenny" is. That was pretty much the only part that made me perk up.

I think the Shadow King is suppressing all the other personalities. Twice now we have seen/heard them. Once in the white room where David was surrounded by them and now in the pitch black at the end of the episode.

ZOONAMI

Show is straight nuts.

I legit don't even know what's going on anymore. Is every character a split?

Is syd real at all? Like in the first episode it didn't show her feet and then in this one it didn't show David's.

I have to admit with this show I kind of have a tendency to just put it on and be doing other things (playing zelda) so I get kind of lost lol.

Burt

Show is straight nuts.

Is syd real at all? Like in the first episode it didn't show her feet and then in this one it didn't show David's.

I have to admit with this show I kind of have a tendency to just put it on and be doing other things (playing zelda) so I get kind of lost lol.

Speculation, but using spoiler tags for people who aren't familiar with Legion in comics

Bearing in mind that all of the characters could be splinter personalities (and it's a given that at least one is), Syd does seem to be the prime candidate for being a split. There have been scenes with characters besides David in the lead/as the focus, but whereas with most characters these just end up being 'scenes', with Syd you can really feel the transference of storytelling perspective from David to her, like the personalities are swapping in and out of the dominant position

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Syd not being real would be a huge asspull. She's had multiple interactions with characters when we know David wasn't around, like when she and Ptonomy investigated David's history. Even for this show, it wouldn't make sense. It's not like her conversations with other characters are open to interpretation.

I think she's going to eventually end up being absorbed into him though. The bullet scene in this episode is what's actually happening in the real world. Syd's gonna die and it can't be stopped. She even outright said she felt like something bad had happened but they didn't know what.

ZOONAMI

Speculation, but using spoiler tags for people who aren't familiar with Legion in comics

Bearing in mind that all of the characters could be splinter personalities (and it's a given that at least one is), Syd does seem to be the prime candidate for being a split. There have been scenes with characters besides David in the lead/as the focus, but whereas with most characters these just end up being 'scenes', with Syd you can really feel the transference of storytelling perspective from David to her, like the personalities are swapping in and out of the dominant position

Yeah the big potential give away imo was that in this last episode David didn't even know that he was schizophrenic, and was projecting onto syd what her problems were. It was like Syd was the one in somewhat in charge in this dream state and is more aware of discrepancies than David. It was as if David became just a character and syd became the protagonist. And then the no feet thing with the bed.

EdmondD

Show is straight nuts.

This is really the type of show you want to pay your full attention to. There is a lot of little details that can be missed. If you want to play zelda or whatever at least wait until the commercials.

"Who doesn't like dogs?"
"I don't."

David had a bad experience with dogs eh? Also Lenny referring to
Professor X
as David's father who always acted so holy.

I liked this episode. I kinda liked all the episodes just because they are so interesting to watch even if not a lot of headway is made in them. They're trippy and the world is interesting. I like spending an entire episode in a mental construct inside David's head and watching holes get poked in this fake reality.

Top Bottom