• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legion |OT| Insert X-Men Meme - Wednesdays 10/9c on FX

Drahcir

The scene with David and nurse Amy where
she acted like she was throwing up and David started to
was some freaky David Lynch Twin Peaks red room shit and I loved it.

Seesaw15

Syd not being real would be a huge asspull. She's had multiple interactions with characters when we know David wasn't around, like when she and Ptonomy investigated David's history. Even for this show, it wouldn't make sense. It's not like her conversations with other characters are open to interpretation.

I think she's going to eventually end up being absorbed into him though. The bullet scene in this episode is what's actually happening in the real world. Syd's gonna die and it can't be stopped. She even outright said she felt like something bad had happened but they didn't know what.

100% agree. It's been hinted at and this episode basically confirms that the Shadow King has been suppressing all Davids other personalities.

I am enjoying the show, but the story seems thing to say the least and is being stretched too far for what it is. They need to move on quickly, the most interesting part of the show for me at the moment is the iced dude. Only thing I know is that he is suppose to be that old womans husbands that she decided to freeze, but he is also very powerful?

Fuck knows, I did enjoy last weeks scene when the dudes clicking his fingers and fucking people up.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
I really enjoyed that Crickets score from the soundtrack last night. Beautiful!

That whole sequence was stunningly beautiful. Peaceful but a strong sense of melancholy as Syd is put under, on thr brink of breaking through. This show man.

And I'm happy with the shows pace. You rarely ever see a show meticulously play with a premise like this. The show runners can take all the time they need in service of telling the story they want to tell.

Deadly

I think she's going to eventually end up being absorbed into him though. The bullet scene in this episode is what's actually happening in the real world. Syd's gonna die and it can't be stopped. She even outright said she felt like something bad had happened but they didn't know what.
Yep agreed on the notion she will probably end up absorbed with him. I think it can be stopped/changed though. The scene with Melanie demonstrates just that, it's still on-going.

Geist-

It's an astounding work of art.

Aubrey Plaza was a scene stealer but everyone else was owning their altered roles this episode.

I know the creator has said that this season's story will get a conclusion, but I hope that doesn't mean that they get rid of Lenny and as a consequence Aubrey's role in the show. She's too good to be a single season villain.

hydruxo

I know the creator has said that this season's story will get a conclusion, but I hope that doesn't mean that they get rid of Lenny and as a consequence Aubrey's role in the show. She's too good to be a single season villain.

Yeah I hope that
they keep Lenny around after Shadow King is gone, but my feeling is that Lenny won't stick around.
Hope I'm wrong.

cLOUDo

Aubrey is gonna get an Emmy nomination for this episode for sure
Amazing work

I need a gif with
the eyes in the wall
So good

Geist-

Yeah I hope that
they keep Lenny around after Shadow King is gone, but my feeling is that Lenny won't stick around.
Hope I'm wrong.

Him still being mentally scarred for life
even after Shadow King is defeated
isn't exactly unlikely at this point. David having
real schizophrenia or Multiple Personality Disorder
might allow Lenny/Aubrey to stay on the show for a good long while.

SRG01

I'm on the view that
that Shadow King will stick around possibly because Legion derives his powers from absorbed personalities. Perhaps accessing SK gives him certain abilities that he doesn't naturally possess?

Ledbetter

First, I'm glad this show has been renewed for season 2!

And while this episode was good, I felt it went by slowly, probably making it the 'weakest' of the season. But it seems by the promo that next episode is going to pick up the story again, so I can't wait another week to watch it.

Also, Cary and Kerry are the best characters <3

Mariolee

Fuck me this episode was so good.

I absolutely love the Professor X call out too. He tried to act so holy yet gave away his only son in an effort to hide him from the Shadow King. And failed. I really hope we have some follow up to that, especially considering Patrick Stewart is down to show up (though not sure if his actor fits the timeline better or an aged up James McAvoy would).

HariKari

This show is going nowhere and everywhere at the same time. Almost unapproachable, but you can't look away.

Stretching out ditching
the shadow king
for an entire season is risky but the promos make it seem like things are about to get real crazy.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
This show is just incredible. So stylistic, I'm really digging it. Best show on TV at the moment in my opinion. Aubrey Plaza is fantastic in this.

- Onion A|V Club live: Aubrey Plaza’s Legion dance number blew our minds
At The A.V. Club, we can’t talk about Legion without talking about how great Aubrey Plaza is and how she continues to exceed the already sky-high expectations we have for her. This week, her dance to Nina Simone’s “Feeling Good” referenced ’80s music videos, Bob Fosse, and even Rocky Horror, and it legitimately blew our minds. A.V. Club staffers Gwen Ihnat, Danette Chavez, and Cameron Scheetz could have discussed it for hours, but only had time for these few minutes.

This show is just too good. It's weird. I don't want to post in this thread because I don't want to read anything in this thread, but I've just gotta express how blown away I am by Legion. The acting, the writing, the cinematography and overall production is absolutely top notch.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
That Lisa Hannagin rendition of Oh! You Pretty Things is totally a Bowie and Kate Bush love child, mainly in the chorus.

https://youtu.be/JGgpQIDUnIA

"Let me make it plain, you gotta make way for the homo superior"

The way the song cues up, with Syd slowly waking, becoming aware of this nightmare. Unsettling in the best way.

VLEXP

I knew it was going to be good cause of Noah Hawley, but damn, It's exceeding my expectations. Hopefully next season deals with his split personalities.

Zoe

Hopefully they don't run into the same issue X-Files did where the visual tone of the series (in outdoor scenes, at least) got destroyed in the move.

Hmm... I could see that being a problem actually given how David's from out in the country. I guess they could still shoot in NorCal if they keep doing flashbacks?

Edit: sheesh, they're making another Law & Order?

SRG01

Hopefully they don't run into the same issue X-Files did where the visual tone of the series (in outdoor scenes, at least) got destroyed in the move.

Mmmm, isn't that mostly color grading though? There were only a handful of outdoor scenes so far in Legion...

This show is so wild. The first episode was great but the second had me a little worried that it would lose the weirdness after the pilot and just focus on Camp Summer training for most of the season.

I'm so happy the show doubled down on the weirdness and has mostly stayed away from the typical super heroics. I hope the landing gets stuck. Two episodes to go.

Also,
I knew it was the Shadow King.

Illucio

Banned
That fucking dance sequence was fire.
And it wasnt choreographed.. just insane.

Fucking Aubrey Plaza man.. goddess.

She better remain and be Shadow King for the rest of the show. If they get rid of her for any reason I'll drop the show. She keeps things so interesting and dynamic I look forward to see what character she is playing or what she is playing next.

pestul

Aubrey's amazing Sanpaku eyes make her perfect for the role. They make her look completely unhinged and evil.

E9MnmHT.jpg

Sadsic

just caught up with this show - at first i couldnt tell if i liked it in the first episode or two because it was waaaaaayyyy too stylistic, but now im a full blown fan as ep6

its just such a bold and unpredictable show, how can you not love it

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
That fucking dance sequence was fire.
And it wasnt choreographed.. just insane.

Fucking Aubrey Plaza man.. goddess.
Prancing through key fucked up moments of David's life, and concluding with her walking out of his old bedroom with a noose hanging&#8203; from the ceiling. She's the fucking devil.

I will say, at this point, if Syd or anyone is actually just a splinter personality of David's, it'd be a huge deflation of the quality of this so far. I'm really, really hoping they don't go that route.

Top Bottom