• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes |OT| Of great themes and vocal legos

Rootbeer

Banned
PS3 demo, if they decide to do one, won't be up until really late today T__T freaking hate sony and their slow asses. oh well... vita version to tide me over :)

Tizoc

PS3 demo, if they decide to do one, won't be up until really late today T__T freaking hate sony and their slow asses. oh well... vita version to tide me over :)

Really hoping for a PS3 demo as I won't be getting this til next week myself @_@

Played through the 360 demo before work this morning. It's the entire first level and it's awesome. So much hidden stuff in the level that you'll need to come back for with different minifigs.

Can't wait to play the full game tonight.

S1kkZ

any impressions regarding the framerate? in every video that shows the open world stuff, it seems to be pretty bad.

Thinking of picking this up on PC for my little guy. He's recently become obsessed with Lego/Lego games and he'd be beyond excited to play this.

Any word on how the PC version is?

ksimm

It's mentioned a billion times in this thread.

But seeing as you don't believe it. Here's the E3 fact sheet

· Traverse Gotham City’s open realm by walking, flying or unlocking and controlling a variety of cool vehicles including the Batmobile, Batwing and Batboat (Xbox 360, PS3, Wii and PC)

So you're saying there's a chance? :p

Going to pick up the PC version for £14.95 me thinks. I would have gone Vita but no open world is a bit pants, but may get it on a sale later.

The ports are always quite solid. Run on a good variety of rigs and look quite sharp at 1080p+/60 fps+. Solid pad support and button prompts switch for the 360 pad.

Awesome to hear. Looks like Steam doesn't get Lego games until a few months after release, so maybe I'll get some other Lego game during the summer sale and get this whenever it decides to come to Steam

Awesome to hear. Looks like Steam doesn't get Lego games until a few months after release, so maybe I'll get some other Lego game during the summer sale and get this whenever it decides to come to Steam

I can personally recommend Lego Harry Potter 5-7. Got it about a month ago and it looks great and performs even better. If you or your son are into Harry Potter, that is.

Sqorgar

Banned
One of the trailers for LEGO Batman 2 said that there is 500,000 miles to explore - there's no way that's true with only a single city. So what are they basing that number on?

One of the trailers for LEGO Batman 2 said that there is 500,000 miles to explore - there's no way that's true with only a single city. So what are they basing that number on?

maybe this includes actual levels of the game? or maybe theres some underground crap like the batcave. the city did look big tho. haha

Double D

So I realize that the Vita version isn't open world, but is it as simple as (console version - open world) = vita version? Or is it a completely different experience? I'd be into it if it were the latter.

Been driven mad by the demo. In a room with Two Face, and somehow my special security camera suit doesn't work with these particular security cameras, and I can't run up a certain set of stairs because of no reason. I cannot work out what the hell to do. Might be my fault. Might be the devs fault. But iLife those games,and this feels a bit too obtuse. I have stared at this room for so long it's silly. Quit the demo.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Been driven mad by the demo. In a room with Two Face, and somehow my special security camera suit doesn't work with these particular security cameras, and I can't run up a certain set of stairs because of no reason. I cannot work out what the hell to do. Might be my fault. Might be the devs fault. But iLife those games,and this feels a bit too obtuse. I have stared at this room for so long it's silly. Quit the demo.

There's a couple of blocks near the front banister to break, then you can build a ledge for Batman to get up.

Some PS Vita details from the Playstation Blog;
PSB: This is your second PS Vita game, with a third in development (Lego The Lord of the Rings). What have you learned from Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 that you’re applying in these next two announced PS Vita titles?

TTG: We have been learning very quickly on Vita. Harry Potter was a very good learning experience, because whenever a new platform comes out it takes some time to get the grips on how to get the most out of it. Just simply from a development point of view, learning all the tricks and how to optimize things and get the best results does take a little bit of time and can’t be, or is rarely, done the first time. The guys at TT Fusion make our handheld games, so all the tips and tricks to get the graphics looking sharper and so on have been learned from previous titles so we’re able to put together a higher quality game, and enhance it further as we move forward working with the platform.

The other thing with Vita is it has a few extra features. We’re using “near” functionality, we also have front touchscreen and rear touchscreen for targeting, like Batman’s Batarang, for example.

PSB: How are you using “near”? Do you mind elaborating?

TTG: The way the feature works is that when in game you can go up to the Batcomputer in the Batcave and choose an item or character that you have unlocked and set it as a gift. Anyone that then goes to that geographical location can obtain the gift.

PSB: We put a note out on Twitter asking for some questions, and we had a couple of funny ones — one reader thanked you for not including “Bat nipples” on the costume – not a fan of the Joel Schumacher movie, I guess.

TTG: To that point, with the character designs, we do work closely with DC. The character outfits, a lot of those decisions will come from talking to DC and how they want characters to appear. We also obviously work very closely with Lego, so where there’s a Lego toy available, we’ll use their design for the toy wherever possible. The idea behind that is simply when kids have the mini-figs in the toy set, they like to see the toys come to life in the video games.

PSB: The other question that came through on Twitter — by about 90% of the respondents — is how similar is the PS Vita version to the PS3 version?

TTG: There are quite a few differences between the PS3 and the PS Vita version. The things that are the same are the story, which is told through cutscenes primarily, and those cutscenes are shared between the versions. The other things that are the same, more or less, are the levels. There is one level in the console game which doesn’t appear on the handheld due to technical limitations. The console game does have the big Gotham City hub, while the handheld has the Batcave hub, but the thing that the handheld game does have is the JLA mode, which is basically bonus missions. There are five bonus missions, and each one is divided into eight different rounds where you take control of a different Justice League character. You’ll either have to have a big fight with a series of enemies, or have to cross some platforms or just get into a different mode. So there’ll be sort of challenges that make up this Justice League mode, and that seems to be something that’ll be very popular.

bryanee

I just turned invisble and walked past the lasers. Shame you dont get to fly around Gotham in the demo but it was fun.

Double D

You are right. My mistake. I knew it was 500 something. Still, that's larger than Just Cause 2's world (400 square miles)

Wait, this doesn't sound right at all. I haven't touch this game yet, but this game is bigger than Just Cause 2? If so, then that's pretty amazing.

Just buy it in store and then return the copy that arrives.

That's what I'm doing to get both DLC packs and the Lex Luthor figure. Already picked up my GameStop copy with the bonuses this morning. The Amazon copy should arrive in the next hour. Then I'll return a sealed copy to GameStop next week.

I see everyone is bitching about having different versions for handhelds. I actually prefer it that way, I tried to play Lego Indiana Jones on the PSP (it was just a console port) and it was really hard to see everything on that little screen. The PSP version of Lego Pirates was great though because it was made for handhelds.

I also like having two different versions of the game. Lego Pirates was a great Lego game and when I was finished I was happy I could get more of it but with slightly different levels and gameplay.

That's just me though. I can understand the argument that the Vita could easily handle the full game but that was never the issue (the PSP could handle 360/PS3 Lego ports too), it was the smaller screen that was the issue.

Bii

Oh darn, I completely forgot to reserve this game at GameStop to get the Lex Luthor mini-fig. Is anyone up to selling theirs to me (preferably unopened)? :(

Oh darn, I completely forgot to reserve this game at GameStop to get the Lex Luthor mini-fig. Is anyone up to selling theirs to me (preferably unopened)? :(

Sealed figures are already up on eBay. I bet they're going to shoot up to $30 like most exclusive Lego minifigs.

Seventy5

Any impressions of the Vita version yet?
I was going to wait, but I picked it up on Vita because, fucking Superman and Harley Quinn. It is a HUGE improvement over Lego Harry Potter on Vita. The CG is still a little compressed and fuzzy, but the music is much better than the short loops from HP. It's hub based instead of open world, but it's pretty much like every other Lego game you've played. I'm really enjoying it, I recommend it if you're on the fence. Only issue I've noticed is a slight hitch when you use touch to aim the batarang, it hitches for a split second when the aiming sight goes from the center of the screen to where your finger is. BUT, you can just use the the square button instead, because fuck touch control if there is a button analog. Glad I didn't wait.

Top Bottom