• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes |OT| Of great themes and vocal legos

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Was hoping the dlc would be up day one. I've got the Villain stuff, but I wanted the heroes as well. I hope they don't release it 3 months later after everyone's done with it.

I know Amazing Spider-Man's bonuses are supposed to be up on launch day. Installing!

Since I can't get it on Steam, any idea where I can get a boxed version without having to order it? None of the big box stores seem to carry it nor does Gamestop.

dreamfall

What's up with the PC release? Is it coming to Steam? I saw it on Origin earlier, but wondering if anyone tried it. Being a newer PC player, does this work well without a game pad?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Anyone figured out what to do with the golden stuff in the game? Like the picture frames? I imagine that they glow for a reason. Also, voice cast is splendid so far.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
No News on the 3DS version?

I may trade in Heroes of ruin to get this...have a ten day return policy on the game may do that.
or keep heroes of ruin , the only thing is I will end up playing Lego Batman more adn HoR will get put on my shelf

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So I was wrong, you can run over innocent civillians in this game with the Batmobile. They fall over, but they don't explode. Lego Batman is more morally grey than the Rocksteady games

Since I can't get it on Steam, any idea where I can get a boxed version without having to order it? None of the big box stores seem to carry it nor does Gamestop.

i89kQ.jpg

Just wait, it's coming.

I'm downloading the demo now.

http://videogames.lego.com/en-us/LEGOBatman2DCSuperHeroes/DEMODownload/Content/Default.aspx

Holy shit, there's an achievement for
breaking Batman's back as Bane?

I cannot wait to have enough money for this. What an excellent looking game that popped up completely out of nowhere for me

EDIT: Also damn you Microsoft, I'm tired of being a second rate Silver citizen that can't download demos the day they are made available! Grrr

Ugh... almost out of the office for the day. Can't wait to go home and play. Also looking forward to the Vita version from Gamefly do I can play it on breaks during the work day!

Purexed

Banned
GAF is really slippin. I bought the Vita version of this thing during my lunch break, but I'm not cracking the seal until someone verifies it is legit...

*Sonic foot tap*

GAF is really slippin. I bought the Vita version of this thing during my lunch break, but I'm not cracking the seal until someone verifies it is legit...

anisoniccantwait.gif

Your image is messed up. If you're asking if it's on par with the console version the answer is right in the OP. The game is typical Lego level-to-level gameplay. All of the open-world stuff is absent from the Vita and 3DS versions.

Xander51

Played about 90 minutes of the 360 version. It's fantastic so far. If this is the direction that future Lego games are headed in, I'm now more excited for LOTR and...whatever Lego City Stories is called now (I've forgotten).

got this primarily for my son. I'll get some hands on time with it tonight in about 30 minutes. He called me about an hour ago. Verdict from a 7 year old. "This the best lego game I've ever played daddy".
mind you we have them all even lego battles and lego ninjago for the DS

He then went on to say he like how superman can fly nonstop. My daughter attempted to unlock the villians pack but got a error message earlier I'm thinking due to traffic. I'll make an attempt when I get off tonight.

My wife has already replaced one of the star wars posters in my kids room with the lego batman 2 poster we got from gamestop today for per-ordering.

*Sonic foot tap*

well. based off the ps blog interview, it does seem the game is pretty much a port of the console game but a typical lego game 'base area' instead of the open world stuff.

Which is kinda disappointing where IGN review mentioned that the story was like 8 hours but he spent another 11 or so hours exploring gotham :/

Sqorgar

Banned
well. based off the ps blog interview, it does seem the game is pretty much a port of the console game but a typical lego game 'base area' instead of the open world stuff.
Based on the 3DS demo, the levels are different. They are similar (running through a theater fighting Harley, Riddler, Two Face), but there's less stuff to do in the 3DS version. The areas are smaller. Doesn't seem to be as many secrets either. It's more like the Cliff's Notes version than an actual port of the level.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Based on the 3DS demo, the levels are different. They are similar (running through a theater fighting Harley, Riddler, Two Face), but there's less stuff to do in the 3DS version. The areas are smaller. Doesn't seem to be as many secrets either. It's more like the Cliff's Notes version than an actual port of the level.

so long as it plays well, I'd rather the core of the game be just as good/fun as the console conterparts, I may pick up the 360 version at a later date. don't know why we didn't get the 3DS demo in PAL land..

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Anybody know how to replay levels? My kid beat a level without and I want to replay it co-op. Any help?

Have you gotten the Batcave yet? You do it through that. It'll say like '1' and '2' on the map.

edit: If your vehicles take damage, it starts losing bricks. So the game features vehicular damage.

hxcmuziq

Banned
Have you gotten the Batcave yet? You do it through that. It'll say like '1' and '2' on the map.

Yea, but when I go to the bat computer (in the center of the bat cave) it just loads a cut scene and starts the next level.

Looks like he didn't beat a level, just a portion of it, and I'm going to have to replay the whole level to see that portion of it.

The portion I'm referring to is...

When you fight inside Lex and Jokers truck, and then they break into the batcave. I just want to play the portion inside the truck.

Rootbeer

Banned
why doesn't amazon sell digital download editions of LEGO games for PC? They only have them for Mac. Wack.

P.S. - gamestop sells the digital download if you don't want to wait for steam. it won't have steam achievements anyway

Atruvius

Seriously. I always wondered why they didn't put that into old Lego Star Wars games. Even if it was on-rails, would have been awesome.

I remember there being trench run with X-Wing in the Lego Star Wars 2. You could also play that level as many other ships like tie fighters or the Millenium Falcon.

Top Bottom