• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes |OT| Of great themes and vocal legos

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
When you get to play as Superman, the game gives you a real respect for what Supes has to put up with. Like, Batman and Robin have to get all these different suits to unlock different puzzles, and they have to use grapples to get up places where as Super Man, outside of like two things, can do all that shit.

But you'll go off to do Super Man stuff in a level and you'll fly somewhere that's difficult to get to and come back, and Batman and Robin will have tried to get to you, so you have to walk them ALL the way back because they won't stay put.

And to sum up the open world stuff. It is basically a hub. All the story missions take place in typical Lego style levels. It's a hub with all the side missions, and it's really big, but I've yet to encounter a 'Lex is running around Gotham!' mission or anything.

Rootbeer

Banned
Some PC gameplay. not sure what settings they are using but it looks easily as good as the consoles http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dASgwsRnhvM

anyone who owns the pc version, can you confirm rather you can buy DLC?

I notice in the vita version there is a section to enter 'codes' but i have no idea what they do... probably not for character unlocks. would be nice

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Some PC gameplay. not sure what settings they are using but it looks easily as good as the consoles http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dASgwsRnhvM

anyone who owns the pc version, can you confirm rather you can buy DLC?

I notice in the vita version there is a section to enter 'codes' but i have no idea what they do... probably not for character unlocks. would be nice

You can't buy any of the dlc on consoles right now, so I imagine it's the same on the pc front.

can anyone tell me about the framerate in the open -world section? is it worse? how bas is the tearing?
I've seen it be fine, and I've seen it get real low. When the framerate gets low, the tearing comes with it. It's never slide show, but you can tell it's there. I haven't done that much open world stuff, so I don't know how much is prevalent. The countryside performs fine though. The city itself seems to be sometimes up and sometimes down

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I was going to wait, but I picked it up on Vita because, fucking Superman and Harley Quinn. It is a HUGE improvement over Lego Harry Potter on Vita. The CG is still a little compressed and fuzzy, but the music is much better than the short loops from HP. It's hub based instead of open world, but it's pretty much like every other Lego game you've played. I'm really enjoying it, I recommend it if you're on the fence. Only issue I've noticed is a slight hitch when you use touch to aim the batarang, it hitches for a split second when the aiming sight goes from the center of the screen to where your finger is. BUT, you can just use the the square button instead, because fuck touch control if there is a button analog. Glad I didn't wait.

so although its not open world, its similar to previous console lego games like star wars or pirates? I think thats decent enough

Rootbeer

Banned
so although its not open world, its similar to previous console lego games like star wars or pirates? I think thats decent enough

I'm really enjoying the Vita version. I'm going to be playing it on PC later today... I know it will blow it away. I try to think of them as two seperate games.

I'd strongly recommend it to any Vita owners who like LEGO games despite the lack of some features. Even if you wait until it's on sale, add it to your wishlist. It's a lot of fun. I pre-ordered early when it was listed for $29. For that price I feel like it was worth it, but I consider myself both a LEGO and Batman fan, so there's that. I would not recommend paying $39.99 for it though unless you are certain, simply because the PC version is a more complete version and is only $29.

LEGO games drop in price very quickly. Should be able to get any version of the game for $20 or less within months.

I'm really enjoying the Vita version. I'm going to be playing it on PC later today... I know it will blow it away. I try to think of them as two seperate games.

I'd strongly recommend it to any Vita owners who like LEGO games despite the lack of some features. Even if you wait until it's on sale, add it to your wishlist. It's a lot of fun. I pre-ordered early when it was listed for $29. For that price I feel like it was worth it, but I consider myself both a LEGO and Batman fan, so there's that. I would not recommend paying $39.99 for it though unless you are certain, simply because the PC version is a more complete version and is only $29.

LEGO games drop in price very quickly. Should be able to get any version of the game for $20 or less within months.

I'll buy the vita version myself when, yeah, it goes on sale. Dissapointed they didn't throw up a demo on PSN like they did for 3DS =/

I think I'm just not getting it or something, but how really are you suppose to fight like more than 1 dude at a time without getting hit?

Lego dudes aren't really agile, and it does seem that movement is a bit clunky (animation priority T_T), and I don't think there is any dodge/counter mechanic.

And to sum up the open world stuff. It is basically a hub. All the story missions take place in typical Lego style levels. It's a hub with all the side missions, and it's really big, but I've yet to encounter a 'Lex is running around Gotham!' mission or anything.

Yup, I agree. The open world is really a hub with side missions. The real meat are the actual levels and they're excellent. I made it to
Acme Chemicals
last night and decided to call it a day. Can't wait to play more tonight and for the Vita version to arrive.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Lego Batman was one of my least favorite "Lego" games from TT.

This looks so much better. Will buy.

Pikma

Banned
I loved the 3DS demo, it was really really awesome, is there any hidden problem with that version? like framerate, or something? cause if not, I'm buying it.

Ponn

Banned

i was in the same boat then i saw they cancelled the preorder extra characters for the Vita version and knew at that point it was not going to be the same as the console versions. If their were not going to be any DLC characters then i figured not only would it not be open world but you wouldn't be able to change on the fly to other superheroes which were two of the biggest things about this new game.

now I will just wait till its under $20. I really hope they don't pull this shit with LoTR Lego.

Benson

Telltale not bringing this to Steam? Do they not want to make a profit on the PC version?

Telltale won't make a profit from any version as they have nothing to do with it!

The LEGO games usually do show up on steam, just a little after launch and without much of an announcement.

Claude

Catalina's bitch
This game is quite fun. I beat the story yesterday. Today, I'm just exploring the city and collecting Gold Bricks.

Also, dat Superman theme song. Thread should be renamed:

Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes |OT| THE Best Superman Game

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I like the Lego games, especially the ones that have a bunch of characters in them like the SW ones. What about this one. Does it have a deep roster? Can I take Cyclo-tron and fight Desad?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm pretty sure
Robin is Tim Drake

Nah, I'm positive it's
Dick. They make almost a direct reference to something that happens later in DC comics to Dick

"What will I do if Batman's gone?"
"You've got Robin. Maybe he'll probably dress up as Batman and call himself Batman"

Lima

Holy shit this is the best Lego game so far. It is super fun and the voice over is actually really nice. I feared that this would be something I hate because I love the way the Lego games handled dialog (or the lack of).

Great game.

Nightz

My wife just called out of the blue and said that she was at the store and is going to buy the PS3 version for me. =D

Now I was planning to get the Vita version for our plane ride to Hawaii this Friday. Is it worth the double dip?

Top Bottom