• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO City Undercover |OT| This city has no ports

GT review sold me for good. Well, there's enough other shit coming out currently so I can wait for a price drop or special offer. I'll still be hesitant at full price, since I'm not exactly a fan of the other Lego games (especially in singleplayer).

WillyFive

you know the digital foundry review of sorts is coming and its going to clown the Wii u. i can see it now... SUB HD, screen tearing, horrible load times... Wii U current gen confirmed.

This game is not multiplatform. What is there to compare it with, the 3DS game?

Ridley327

This game isn't street dated, is it?

It looks like it's going to be a soft street dated title, like Fire Emblem was, where Nintendo ships them out with the expectation of being there for the first day of sale, rather than a hard street dated game, which would be there about a week ahead of time like, well, every other game out there these days.

It is possible some stores might already have it in, but there won't be many.

It looks like it's going to be a soft street dated title, like Fire Emblem was, where Nintendo ships them out with the expectation of being there for the first day of sale, rather than a hard street dated game, which would be there about a week ahead of time like, well, every other game out there these days.

It is possible some stores might already have it in, but there won't be many.
Alrighty. Well, ill go in to GameStop on Sunday and pay it off, just in case.

It's a long shot but have any reviews/previews mentioned if there will be an Invert Camera option? The lack of one made Lego Batman 2's open world segments less fun than they could've been for me. I somehow doubt it since Lego LotR didn't have one either.

CoolS

GT review sold me for good. Well, there's enough other shit coming out currently so I can wait for a price drop or special offer. I'll still be hesitant at full price, since I'm not exactly a fan of the other Lego games (especially in singleplayer).

Since I don't think it was posted yet:

http://www.gametrailers.com/reviews/q0a4go/lego-city-undercover-review

It's a long shot but have any reviews/previews mentioned if there will be an Invert Camera option? The lack of one made Lego Batman 2's open world segments less fun than they could've been for me. I somehow doubt it since Lego LotR didn't have one either.

Sorry, I don't think they mentioned it so far. The game has only helicopters though, if that helps.

Shady859

I am not going to lie, this game makes me want to get a WiiU... I love Lego games and open world GTA style games. I can't bring myself to pull the trigger though. Looking ahead this year I only see Rayman and Zelda remake as another WiiU title I'd purchase. Besides NSMBU and that Zombie game.

Why oh why did this become a Nintendo exclusive and hmmm wonder how the 3DS version looks since i'm bout to buy that system. :)

CoolS

I am not going to lie, this game makes me want to get a WiiU... I love Lego games and open world GTA style games. I can't bring myself to pull the trigger though. Looking ahead this year I only see Rayman and Zelda remake as another WiiU title I'd purchase. Besides NSMBU and that Zombie game.

Why oh why did this become a Nintendo exclusive and hmmm wonder how the 3DS version looks since i'm bout to buy that system. :)

Here's what I could find with a quick search for the 3DS version. I know there is more somewhere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvxdc0Q1KkY

Hint: It's Lego City Fog edition.

Shady859

Here's what I could find with a quick search for the 3DS version. I know there is more somewhere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvxdc0Q1KkY

Thanks hadn't searched yet, was still looking at WiiU reviews... 15-20 hrs for main story with some side fun according to GT review. I wanna play this more than the new God Of War, my next game to play... :/

Going to check your link now.

Edit: 3ds version looks fun and lol at fog edition comment. Gonna buy it for sure and it even comes with the Lego figure at GameStop. Stinks it's out 4/21 though. Have fun WiiU owners!

CoolS

I wasn't saying that as in a diss. I have a wii u and love it... I'm getting Lego city. I'm just saying as great as the reviews are watch one article from DF make neogaf go crazy with the Wii U is current gen stuff. This is one of the biggest titles for the console built from the ground up. So if DF rates it low on the tech scale it isn't going to go over we'll... You all know how gaf is. It's sad but true. As far as the game it looks amazingly fun and I can't wait to put hour upon hours into it.

You might be right, but I'd rather wait on the NfS Most Wanted article. Becuase that one will actually be worth something.

zroid

Banned
This is going to be the first Lego game I buy. Not so sure about day 1, as I have a lot on my plate at the moment, but I will definitely be picking it up. I don't even like open world games, generally, but it's the lighthearted tone and parodying sense of humour which get me. The hidden Nintendo goodies don't hurt either!

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
you know the digital foundry review of sorts is coming and its going to clown the Wii u. i can see it now... SUB HD, screen tearing, horrible load times... Wii U current gen confirmed.

why did you post this load of arse?

Sorry again. I'm just sayong its gonna come I will be surprised if it doesn't. They will try and make it seem inferior as far as tech. Sorry if I brought down the thread. Just would hate to see a great game get trashed because of that.

That discussion has been ongoing and is nothing new. A DF review of Lego City might breathe new life into the discussion, but I don't think most people on NeoGAF are like to flat out bash the Wii U.

That discussion has been ongoing and is nothing new. A DF review of Lego City might breathe new life into the discussion, but I don't think most people on NeoGAF are like to flat out bash the Wii U.

The NFS DF will come along a week later and then the consensus will change again. Really glad that the majority of reviews of this game are highly positive, currently at a 79 on metacritic! If it gets to 80 plus that would be really good for both the game's sales and the devs.

The NFS DF will come along a week later and then the consensus will change again. Really glad that the majority of reviews of this game are highly positive, currently at a 79 on metacritic! If it gets to 80 plus that would be really good for both the game's sales and the devs.

What consensus? Most people I see already acknowledge that a Traveler's Tales game isn't going to push a system's hardware to the max, especially not so close to launch.

Cant wait to see Miiverse drawings for this, I also wish WiiU had some kind of trophy system, this is the type of game I like collecting them in.

Bog

Junior Ace
So no one's found this in stores yet? Target is usually good (bad) about putting things out when they get them.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
FUCK EDGE

Not their fault Metacritic is given so much importance. Metacritic's system is so simple too. One outlier can ruin the whole thing.

At GX, we were never allowed on Metacritic cuz we gave separate reviews for single and multiplayer and because we stressed that we used the entirety of our five-star scale. We wanted to report games we gave 3-stars as 75s not 60s to Metacritic, but they weren't keen on the idea.

That spoiler-rific GameTrailers review definitely sold me. Didn't expect so many high scores to be honest, as no Lego games ever truly captured me (well, I only played the demos).

At $49.99+free minifigure, it's hard to resist.

Katzii

Could you be any more late?

Wait for the people who come in and start asking why this can't be on other systems.

Back on-topic (and making myself look even more hilariously late to the party), having never played a Lego game before and having watched that video of "never being able to start the game", what do the studs do?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Wait for the people who come in and start asking why this can't be on other systems.

Back on-topic (and making myself look even more hilariously late to the party), having never played a Lego game before and having watched that video of "never being able to start the game", what do the studs do?

You buy cars and other characters with them. That said you eventually buy 'cheats' that multiply your stud values to insane numbers (like 163x), so it's usually best to hoard them until yo uget those

Not that I wasn't sold on it already, but that IGN NVC video pretty much convinced me that this is a worthy day 1 purchase. Game looks super charming.

Canon

Banned
Does the game support Wii Remote and Nunchuk controls? I may need to send my Wii U gamepad in for repair since it has a scratch along the top plastic part (it came that way). I wonder if Nintendo would replace it for free, though.

Does the game support Wii Remote and Nunchuk controls? I may need to send my Wii U gamepad in for repair since it has a scratch along the top plastic part (it came that way). I wonder if Nintendo would replace it for free, though.

There's heavy use of the Gamepad's features so no.

big youth

watching IGNs video podcast thing made the game look fantastic imo. and the load times weren't half as bad as I had been led to believe.

Top Bottom