• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO City Undercover |OT| This city has no ports

Spiderduff

I got a 2 terabyte HDD attached and have told myself i would go digital with the Wii U. So as soon as that sucker goes live on the eShop, I am downloading.

CoolS

Is there anything known yet if localized versions in europe include an English option?

I'd like to know that as well. But I somehow doubt it will be and that your stuck with the "crappy" dubs of your country if you are not living in the UK.

Xater

I'd like to know that as well. But I somehow doubt it will be and that your stuck with the "crappy" dubs of your country if you are not living in the UK.

Why would that be the case? WB games are usually multilingual and so are Nintendo games.

CoolS

Why would that be the case? WB games are usually multilingual and so are Nintendo games.

I don't know, it's just a gut feeling I have. I guess games like Izuma Eleven, Layton etc have made me a bit pessimistic about this.

I was wondering about the English dubs too, I hope there is no mandatory Italian here.
I do wish there are subs though, I can't understand anything that they're saying in those trailers without listening to it at least twice...
I need more practice.

Some nice offscreen footage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B39Kh_XbmKc

Anyways, glad it's getting good reviews. Day 1 here.

I think the whole code-from-LEGO City police box mechanic:
lego2wyukw.jpg

should have been replaced by NFC though.

Crazy possibilities with Nintendo and Lego on it, I think.

legoufu0i.jpg

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Some nice offscreen footage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B39Kh_XbmKc

Anyways, glad it's getting good reviews. Day 1 here.

I think the whole code-from-LEGO City police box mechanic:
lego2wyukw.jpg

should have been replaced by NFC though.

Crazy possibilities with Nintendo and Lego on it, I think.

legoufu0i.jpg

Maybe in the future. It's the first time they've done this. In retrospect it's kind of shocking they haven't tossed codes into their sets for other franchises.

Vexxan

I want to play this game so bad but getting a Wii U isn't in my plans just yet :/

New trailer looks great, T-rex ripping it up!

Xater

I don't know, it's just a gut feeling I have. I guess games like Izuma Eleven, Layton etc have made me a bit pessimistic about this.

The games you mention are DS games with videos and voice acting. There wasn't enough room on the cartridges.

tassletine

I hate when people say this. Are you saying that what the Edge reviewer experienced is wrong and invalid? People loved Dragon Age, and that was a 5 at best to me. If he experienced a 5, he experienced a 5.

They also gave Aliens CM a 5.

The review is poor. Edge heavily criticises the game but fails to mention almost anything positive - like the various comedians starring in the game for instance. It mentions the bugs and criticises the WiiU, saying that this is indicative of the lacklustre state of it's software.

In contrast, the Aliens review mentions the actors, atmosphere etc but doesn't mention the numerous bugs. It tries hard to find anything positive to say about the game.

Both reviews come across as very unbalanced. Tally this with some average scoring Platinum games, and COD still getting 8's and I think it proves Edge don't really know what they're doing any more.

CoolS

The games you mention are DS games with videos and voice acting. There wasn't enough room on the cartridges.

I know, but if the game is 22 GB, and assuming that is with one voice track, I doubt they can fit 5 languages on there. And I doubt they'll use dual layer discs.

daxgame

soo I was wondering, do you guys think that the loading times could be improved later with a patch? Or they will not bother? I hope people will make themself hear on the Miiverse. I'll get the game, anyway!

Richie

soo I was wondering, do you guys think that the loading times could be improved later with a patch? Or they will not bother? I hope people will make themself hear on the Miiverse. I'll get the game, anyway!

I'm hoping for this too. Is such a practice common in the industry, patching to improve loading times? Or are we hoping for something which has a one in a million chance of happening?

Now, I really need that HDD now.

What is better, big one with its own power or a small factor one with the Y cables. Opinions please!!

Now, I really need that HDD now.

What is better, big one with its own power or a small factor one with the Y cables. Opinions please!!
Nintendo says HDDs that have their own power supplies are recommended. Just to be safe, I just bought one of the drives Nintendo says works with the Wii U.

deviljho

Ugh, I thought about spending $40-60 on a smaller external drive. But then realized that I'd rather spend $100 on 2 TB drive for my PC, and use my current 1 TB for Wii U stuff. I'll never fill it up, but 2TB + 1TB seems better to me than 1TB + 500 GB, even if it's another 40 or 50 dollars. I really haven't been able to find a small capacity external drive for $30 or less.

Tookay

They also gave Aliens CM a 5.

The review is poor. Edge heavily criticises the game but fails to mention almost anything positive - like the various comedians starring in the game for instance. It mentions the bugs and criticises the WiiU, saying that this is indicative of the lacklustre state of it's software.

In contrast, the Aliens review mentions the actors, atmosphere etc but doesn't mention the numerous bugs. It tries hard to find anything positive to say about the game.

Both reviews come across as very unbalanced. Tally this with some average scoring Platinum games, and COD still getting 8's and I think it proves Edge don't really know what they're doing any more.

Maybe

A) He didn't think it was a positive in the same way you do
B) Even if it was, it wasn't notable
C) He has a different opinion than you
D) It was a different reviewer than the Aliens reviewer.

deviljho

Maybe

A) He didn't think it was a positive in the same way you do
B) Even if it was, it wasn't notable
C) He has a different opinion than you
D) It was a different reviewer than the Aliens reviewer.

E) All their LEGO reviews have low scores

Lizardus

I can't believe people want to shoehorn MP into everything.

I have a 2 TB HDD but I am a physical copy masterrace. Enjoy not being able to hold your boxes and discs, plebs.

Birathen

This game cant get here fast enough. The more I see the more I want "my kid" to have this. My 3 year old is actually nagging my about it allready after I showed him a trailer but its miiine, my precious..

Monster Hunter, Lego, Luigies mansion and in april, Fire emblem.. I Will be forced to divorce and Quit my job.

JAYSIMPLE

Banned
back to super hyped for this for me and my son. glad its getting good reviews as i had already bought him the high speed chase set.

Top Bottom