• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO City Undercover |OT| This city has no ports

meh, we got plenty to play until it ships

That's what they said about Fire Emblem! That game still isn't in stock on Amazon! I waited a MONTH for it to show up at either Amazon, my local Gamestop or my local Walmart, all to no avail. I had to wait until I traveled out of state to pick it up (a few days ago, actually).

And me? I want to play Lego City on the day it releases! Or at least the week it releases.

Totally didn't know about the high speed chase set coming with Chase and exclusive vehicles

51yXMdPewPL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Am now ordering with game off of Amazon and cancelling Gamestop preorder, woo!

whoops!

is that the only way to get that red car?

That's what they said about Fire Emblem! That game still isn't in stock on Amazon! I waited a MONTH for it to show up at either Amazon, my local Gamestop or my local Walmart, all to no avail. I had to wait until I traveled out of state to pick it up (a few days ago, actually).

And me? I want to play Lego City on the day it releases! Or at least the week it releases.

I feel yah. The Fire Emblem situation is insane

is that the only way to get that red car?

I'm guessing thus far. Probably will go up via DLC in the future?

I'll be picking this up for sure in support of the Wii U and because it generally looks fun, even if the reviews are quite mixed. Though i won't be able to swing it until a bit after MH3U double dipping.

EDarkness

I found that set on the Japanese Amazon and I'm wondering if I buy it and get the code if it'll work in the U.S. version of the game. Anyone know?

CoolS

I'm actually wondering if each set will have a different code. And if that's the case, if you need to be online to activate the code.

Because itherwise people could just all share 1 code right?

I have the Lego set and the code seemed pretty unique. If I had to guess its a one time use code. I'll share it after I use it just in case it isn't.

Larsen B

Feels odd to be really looking forward to a Lego game (despite enjoying the previous ones) but here I am. That trailer is really good but "How U Will Play next" is so awful.

My police chase Lego set is waiting for this game in two weeks :) Does look so good and the reviews are surprisingly great as well.

Are they really though?

For some reason i recalled Edge giving it a pretty low score as well as reading through the Joystiq review claiming it be quite a bore (though i never take joystiq very seriously). But it is holding at a good average, so i retract my statement and am a bit more excited to pick it up.

and i'll add i may pick up some of the lego for it too, the mrs. bought me a huge lego set as a cute present during christmas and i honestly had a lot of fun building it with her, i'd like to do that again.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Gamestop sent out an email saying they're expecting it Thursday

also got my Chase minifig. Disappointing compared to Elrond and Lex. They both came with a weapon and Elrond had a cap. Chase is just a dude. They could have given him a mini wiiu tablet or something

These reviews are much better than I expected. I can't wait to give this game a shot!

Something about the motion blur in this game looks oddly amazing to me.
I've seen that said by a couple people. What makes it good? Are there any videos showing that off? I'm in Japan so I won't be getting the game until Q4 T_T

Yagharek

Gamestop sent out an email saying they're expecting it Thursday

also got my Chase minifig. Disappointing compared to Elrond and Lex. They both came with a weapon and Elrond had a cap. Chase is just a dude. They could have given him a mini wiiu tablet or something

He's not just a dude. He's a legend

I've seen that said by a couple people. What makes it good? Are there any videos showing that off? I'm in Japan so I won't be getting the game until Q4 T_T

I'm not exactly sure (I'm no techie really), but something about seeing the motion blur, err, in motion looks incredibly realistic. It's actually one of the best implementations in a game I've seen to date.

nofi

Because it's per element, not just the scene. So if you do a quick jump across the screen, there's blur. Everything has it, and it looks great.

Because it's per element, not just the scene. So if you do a quick jump across the screen, there's blur. Everything has it, and it looks great.

I'm not expecting it, but if somebody has either Lego Batman 2 or Lego LOTR could we get a QnD comparison with the PS360 versions of those? Kind of curious how it stacks up, I intentionally skipped those in favor of this.

I'm not exactly sure (I'm no techie really), but something about seeing the motion blur, err, in motion looks incredibly realistic. It's actually one of the best implementations in a game I've seen to date.
Thanks, I'm looking forward to checking it out.

Nice seeing the reviews setteling in around where i would have guessed it. 80%

And "some folks" were writing it off after the 5 from edge... lol

Cosmozone

I can imagine DLC for this title already... Terrorists have captured Lego City's airport. Chase McC(l)ane is the man at the wrong place at the wrong time. Or was it the right place at the right time? But maybe it's probably already in, heh.

Sucks that it's only 1 player but I understand. Me & the wife love playing the Lego games together. Going to wait till it drops to $20.

He was kidding :)

It depends on your connection. I'm going to do the midnight download and It should be done by the time I wake up the next morning.

Not if you live in Europe. 13 hours AC3 download says hi. And thats on a 32mbit connection. And that game is several gigs SMALLER than lego city!

JoeM86

you know the digital foundry review of sorts is coming and its going to clown the Wii u. i can see it now... SUB HD, screen tearing, horrible load times... Wii U current gen confirmed.

Because one game is clearly indicative of the entire console

Top Bottom