• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO City Undercover |OT| This city has no ports

zigg

i've got 1.8million studs and didn't know if they were of any use so thanks for that.
FWIW, I've got over 8 million now and I've been buying most everything I've unlocked... I should probably not be using the stud mulitplier red bricks. :lol

Ive beaten the story mode after 16 hours.

DAMN this is an amazing game.

20.1% done after i beat the story.

9/10 from me :)

Did anyone else get that reference
when you fight Rex Fury in the Lego robot. Taking his tail, whirl him around and throw him into the enegry thingys. Thats like Mario 64 bowser fights, lol

Also didn't expect this game to become THIS crazy twoards the end.

Btw, Satoru Iwata is listed as executive producer in the credits. This games going nowhere.

Yeah, I'm waiting to get all the disguises before I do any exploring, because it's not fun exploring at all when so much is locked.

Just got done the Kung-Fu mission. Good shit, man.

Totally addicted to this game, and I found previous Lego games boring.
The level design is just completely amazing. I can't remember an open world game so densely packed with stuff to do, not just stuff to grab but every open world collectible is like a little puzzle.
Also, the more you play the more you realize how much detail there is to the world. The first time I flew over the city with an helicopter and I could see all the stuff happening on top of the bulding, I was impressed.
The only thing that saddens me is the framerate. I can't help but think how amazing this game would have looked at 60fps.

addyb

Quick thoughts after around 90 mins play (upto chapter 4)

I can't help but get an average vibe from it so far. Its my 1st Lego game experience (besides 30 mins on Lego lotr) and I've heard it gets better so will keep at it but I'm disappointed it initially hasn't grabbed me as I've been really looking forward to it.

But again these are really early impressions based on under 2 hours of game time. Will reserve judgement until I've sunk a lot more hours in.

Guys, if they don't like it it is just their opinion. I can totally understand if someone does not like a LEGO game, they certainly are more "relaxing" games.

And even if this is the best LEGO game so far and offers the most variety (which I believe it is) at it's core it's still not something for everyone I suppose.

perfectly understandable

I would give this game an 8/10 it is slow paced and all but we all have opinions and can state that the other guy is WRONG :p

Sorry if this has already been posted. Seems Nintendo Europe will start distributing special codes via Facebook which you can use to unlock special outfits and vehicles.

http://m.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/48093/lego-city-undercover-cheats-codes-coming-soon/

Lego Iwata please!

On chapter 10, seems like the firehouse is next. Love the game so far. Haven't had this much genuine fun in a game in a long time. We better see a part 2.

I've done co op with my friend and got 100% in Lego Star wars (both trilogys), lego batman, and now we're doing batman 2 whenever we could find time. This is my favorite Lego game by a mile. My fave WiiU game, and easily will be in my top 5 of 2013. Which says a lot considering Bioshock Infinite and all the others that I still need to/will play this year.

On chapter 10, seems like the firehouse is next. Love the game so far. Haven't had this much genuine fun in a game in a long time. We better see a part 2.

I've done co op with my friend and got 100% in Lego Star wars (both trilogys), lego batman, and now we're doing batman 2 whenever we could find time. This is my favorite Lego game by a mile. My fave WiiU game, and easily will be in my top 5 of 2013. Which says a lot considering Bioshock Infinite and all the others that I still need to/will play this year.

You're in for a treat. The firehouse bit is one of the very best game segments I've run across thus far. FUNNY stuff. This and Studsky and Clutch, although that should've been aquarium Legos.

Really fun game. Maybe too simple for the story part but it's because it must be played by person from 7 to 77 years old I guess :p

If you're into Lego or if you just enjoyed it when you're was a kid then it's just amazing to see all you imagined back then being in movement in a very colorful, charming and living city !

I'm going back... and then Luigi's Mansion 2 :D

Edit : don't know if had been posted (not tested yet) and we clearly should add these on the 1st post

Murphy11 ONM Forums said:
Codes:

Samurai Warrior: rjyzhc
Baseball Player: ycmwkp
VEHICLE: Relocator: vzhhdm
Vehicle: Drakonas - dwjvct

CoolS

Chû Totoro;52069179 said:
Edit : don't know if had been posted (not tested yet) and we clearly should add these on the 1st post
I'm trying to keep the OP updated with all codes that appear in the FAQ section :)

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Finished it today.

Just under 26 hours at 50.8% complete. I guess I explored a lot more than some people. I was having fun just messing around. I wish I bought my red brick unlocks a lot sooner though. :(

Frodo

Oh dear... Just impulse bought this game at the eShop. Even though I have a huge backlog and no time to play it.

Downloading now. Should be finished by the morning... :)

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
My first Lego game. Just started. The opening is awesome!

Nintendo, as publisher, take note what good writing and voice acting can do for the experience of your games!

Nintendo, as publisher, take note what good writing and voice acting can do for the experience of your games!

The clever writing and jam packed environments are what make this game for me. Hard to believe that a "kids game" would have the best writing I've seen in a video game in ages but it's totally true. Best writing since Red Dead Redemption so far! High praise but that's my opinion on the matter.

Finished, will review tomorrow.

Rest assured that it is not getting a 10/10.

A shame, but sometimes games just don't hook you. I couldn't persist with Sleeping Dogs (deathly dull) and Saints Row 2 (horrible, juvenile writing and infuriating mechanics) past a certain point, so I know too well the way open-world games can provoke starkly contrasting opinions.

Yup. Seeing how well this game and Kid Icarus were written and acted has had me completely change my mind on VA Zelda. Giving the game writing and acting of this caliber would do wonders.

Thanks guys. I figured it was later, but just thought it was weird that certain codes can be entered right away, but not used.

Also, this is my favorite line in the game so far.
"At least I don't have some ridiculous phobia." "Rawk. Bonjour." "AAHHH! French parrot!"

JoeM86

Put over 20 hours into this game since I got it on Wednesday. It's just spectacular and addictive. Finished the narrative yesterday, too.

Only around 40% complete, as well. It's definitely worth the money

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Damn, it is so nice to see oil truck on the road. I had one of those as kid, and this game brings a lot of memories. This is the one for all people, who played all day with Legos...

Now stuck in the mine... i could need some help with
finding Stinky - finished segment when they destroy cable car, made it on the top, but there is locked marker on the ground. Did I miss something?

Damn, it is so nice to see oil truck on the road. I had one of those as kid, and this game brings a lot of memories. This is the one for all people, who played all day with Legos...

Now stuck in the mine... i could need some help with
finding Stinky - finished segment when they destroy cable car, made it on the top, but there is locked marker on the ground. Did I miss something?

Yes. It seems like a lot of people got stuck on this part, me included. I had to look it up after 20 minutes of looking around. And I felt so stupid when i found out.
in the little house on top with the broken roof, fall through inside and use the ROBBER disguise to open the safe. I don't know why they say you have to use a stethoscope to open it, when the robber can. It just confuses everyone.

Katzii

So for anyone who bought the Lego playset with the code, has anyone figured out where that code is entered? The only place I can find to input codes only has six characters, and this code has seven.

So for anyone who bought the Lego playset with the code, has anyone figured out where that code is entered? The only place I can find to input codes only has six characters, and this code has seven.

In the Computer in front of the police station. Just put the characters after the "-" on the license plate. Mine is VR-******* so maybe yours start with VR- too.

Edit : and then you'll have to do the bonus missions to unlock each car (there is two).

Dragoshi1

Terminal in front of the Police station, should open up around Chapter 4. Enter it in there, and it will reveal the two vehicles, beat their respective missions to unlock them.

EDIT: Wow, beaten!

CoolS

All the codes I've collected so far from the OP:

• Civilian Werewolf: gystqp
  • Race car driver: mhhrhm
  • Gorilla suit guy: xkgzvj
  • Natalia Kowalski: hvgtpg
  • Samurai Warriori: rjyzhc
  • Baseball Player: ycmwkp
  • Vehicle: Relocator: vzhhdm
  • Vehicle: Drakonas: dwjvct
  • Bonus Missions: 3D74QF9
  • Justice and red sport car: 3GCC7XR
  • Unlocks High Speed Chase Missions/Vehicles: N7NN4F9

zigg

Chû Totoro;52137261 said:
Edit : and then you'll have to do the bonus missions to unlock each car (there is two).
So is this exclusive to the codes with the set? I realize I could use some posted codes, though I am kinda tempted to get the set anyway.

CoolS

And again for the new page :

• Civilian Werewolf: gystqp
  • Race car driver: mhhrhm
  • Gorilla suit guy: xkgzvj
  • Natalia Kowalski: hvgtpg
  • Samurai Warriori: rjyzhc
  • Baseball Player: ycmwkp
  • Vehicle: Relocator: vzhhdm
  • Vehicle: Drakonas: dwjvct
  • Bonus Missions: 3D74QF9
  • Justice and red sport car: 3GCC7XR
  • Unlocks High Speed Chase Missions/Vehicles: N7NN4F9

Can't wait to finally play this on Tuesday. Looking forwad to it A LOT.

CoolS

Like Edge how? Like Edge with Hydrophobia? Because I don't think that Traveller's Tales are going to call me and tell me that I played the game the wrong way.

No just that the score is a lot lower than all the others. I read the review and compared to Edge's your score actually sounds justified for how you feel.

So sorry if it sounded wrong or something :)

Katzii

Chû Totoro;52137261 said:
In the Computer in front of the police station. Just put the characters after the "-" on the license plate. Mine is VR-******* so maybe yours start with VR- too.

Terminal in front of the Police station, should open up around Chapter 4. Enter it in there, and it will reveal the two vehicles, beat their respective missions to unlock them.

EDIT: Wow, beaten!

Thanks both of you - I'm towards the end of Chapter 3, so good timing!

Sanic

Has anyone else noticed that it takes the Wii U way longer to tell what game has been loaded when you insert this disc? Same with going back to the home menu. I'll sit at that "please wait" screen for 10 seconds while it reads the disc.

Top Bottom