• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO City Undercover |OT| This city has no ports

jmoe316

100%, clocked in at almost exactly 50 hours. Great game that was a lot of fun, even when collecting everything. Nothing felt like a chore.

Makes me want to play the 3DS version.

Ok, the amount of stuff to collect is absolutely ridiculous. I spent like 3 hours playing last night and felt like I collected a shit ton of stuff only to see my percentage go from 55% to 59%. Anyone know a good way to know where you still have items to find other than scanning?

The gamepad screen should be able to give you the info. I've seen people checking completion lists of various areas, but haven't checked myself yet. Maybe its reachable from that '!' screen.

That is exactly what you do. Zoom in the screen so that the top of the Gamepad shows the name of the region you are in (say Cherry Hills or Bluebell National Park) then hit the ! right under the name and the screen will show what activities you have or have not done to earn a Gold Brick (time trial, free run, find a pig etc.).

It will not show you WHERE these activities are, unfortunately, but it gives you an idea what to look for.

It will also show you how many vehicles and costumes you can earn in each district (though there is no way to keep track of how to earn each costume, which is frustrating when you have one left in a region).

jmoe316

That is exactly what you do. Zoom in the screen so that the top of the Gamepad shows the name of the region you are in (say Cherry Hills or Bluebell National Park) then hit the ! right under the name and the screen will show what activities you have or have not done to earn a Gold Brick (time trial, free run, find a pig etc.).

It will not show you WHERE these activities are, unfortunately, but it gives you an idea what to look for.

It will also show you how many vehicles and costumes you can earn in each district (though there is no way to keep track of how to earn each costume, which is frustrating when you have one left in a region).

Yes, this helps a bunch. As for knowing where the activities, costumes, etc are, various red bricks will unlock those abilities so that you can use your gamepad scanner (button on the top left of the gamepad screen) and then scan around for clues. It will only show things that are a relative distance away so you will have to move to various areas in a district and keep scanning until you find things to do.

MisterNoisy

Finished this yesterday, and the last chapter is fricking amazing. Music, writing and a hilariously epic final setpiece turn it up to 11. Finished at 42.4%, so there's clearly still a lot to do.

BooJoh

This game really surprised me with how great it is, and the last level was awesome. I have a lot of collecting to do still and I'm sitting at like 30 hours.

This is the first Lego game I've bought. I've tried demos of some of the licensed games and I was tempted to get them, but they always felt just a little shallow, but I feel like this game had so much more freedom to be original and creative with the story and locations. Now I'm eagerly awaiting the 3DS prequel and considering going back for some of the licensed Lego games since they can be gotten so cheap now.

Question about the top left computer in the police station:
Are the gold bricks bought there required to get all gold bricks, or are they meant as substitutes for ones you have trouble earning yourself, or what?

It's kind of sad how well this game has worked on me in terms of marketing

I was walking past the Lego store in Liverpool yesterday and I couldn't resist picking this bad boy up:

rlTjiLR.jpg

You get a couple of codes for use in-game with it, the set is around 19.99 in the lego shop or 14.99 off Amazon

SmokyDave

Definitely digging this game. I reckon I'm about 2/3rds of the way through the story. Really looking forward to going back in Free Play mode. The only thing I don't really dig is the vehicle handling and the fact that all the cars are painfully slow.

Those load times though. Jeeeeesus.

zigg

Is the code different from what was already posted in this thread?
It doesn't unlock anything different, as I understand it (though the code itself may vary.) I have the set on order myself, though, because the kids and I are gonna have fun with it.

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
It's kind of sad how well this game has worked on me in terms of marketing

I was walking past the Lego store in Liverpool yesterday and I couldn't resist picking this bad boy up:

You get a couple of codes for use in-game with it, the set is around 19.99 in the lego shop or 14.99 off Amazon
I really, REALLY want more LEGO City Undercover sets. I need Frank Honey and Rex Fury minifigures.

Beat it last night had 29.5% complete. That last chapter was phenomenal. Game was amazingly good and the humor was kept at the same level throughout, that's a huge plus. I sooo want a sequel to happen.

Seeing those commercials for the 3DS prequel show they keep that same humor level in the cutscenes, so now I must pick that up as well.

Had a funny glitch happen in the next to last chapter of the game. Doesn't really spoil anything, but I'll still link it instead:

http://i.imgur.com/Tk2jsl7.jpg

Two Franks! Who wouldn't want two Franks! I seriously thought when I got out of the cutscene preceding this that I missed a storyline explaining these twin Franks

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
If you are still on the fence about this game, buy it now. The humor, all the shit to do/break/collect, the epic finale, and the good ole fashion fun... I feel like a kid again playing Lego City Undercover. This is coming from a guy that disliked every other Lego game he played for this. Just something about this game clicks so well, I need a sequel now and I can't wait to dive into the 3DS prequel!

zigg

So, in the High Speed Chase set, Chase's truck comes with dash-mounted coffee. :lol

BHXRtMqCcAE_dP6.jpg:large

Had a funny glitch happen in the next to last chapter of the game. Doesn't really spoil anything, but I'll still link it instead:

http://i.imgur.com/Tk2jsl7.jpg
I had a related experience. I forget which character it was, but there were two of him occupying the exact same space during a cutscene, animating slightly differently and clipping through each other. Kinda creepy!

dwu8991

Banned
I would highly recommend getting the limited edition bundle with Chase McCain

Feels so bad ass having your very own little mini figurine with a bullet-size police vest !

bndadm

I'm guessing they will wait a bit how this one is selling in regards to the WiiU's installed base. If it is moderately successfull und TT wants to do another one, I can see it happening.

Do we have an idea on when the sales figures will be available? It's sad that a game that will take me most of the year, and I'm already hoping and waiting for a sequel...

CorwinB

If you are still on the fence about this game, buy it now. The humor, all the shit to do/break/collect, the epic finale, and the good ole fashion fun... I feel like a kid again playing Lego City Undercover. This is coming from a guy that disliked every other Lego game he played for this. Just something about this game clicks so well, I need a sequel now and I can't wait to dive into the 3DS prequel!

Agree with this. This game is excellent. I play a little bit each day with my two daughters watching (generally doing one mission and then goofing around in the city trying to unlock stuff), and the fun never stops.

hiro4

Well good news everyone!
Instead of going out and buying a new TV I just borrowed some ones component cable and BEHOLD! All the problems vanished like snow in the Sahara.

So anyone with the stuttering issues and with a component input on your TV, try that.

Just got this game in from GameFly. From what I've played so far, it's been non-stop laughs and pure fun. This is the kind of game that sets the Wii U apart from the other consoles. I'm definitely going to buy the game.

CoolS

Do we have an idea on when the sales figures will be available? It's sad that a game that will take me most of the year, and I'm already hoping and waiting for a sequel...
Since it's esentially a Nintendo game, we might get numbers from their quarterly reports someday. I really hope it does well.

zigg

I would highly recommend getting the limited edition bundle with Chase McCain

Feels so bad ass having your very own little mini figurine with a bullet-size police vest !
If my copy of Chase Begins comes with one too I'll have three.

That might be too many…

HeySeuss

Did this game have a limited production run or something? I've already bought the game, but I still notice that it seems to be somewhat hard to find in a lot of stores. I hope that doesn't translate into poor initial sales.

Anybody else notice this?

Did this game have a limited production run or something? I've already bought the game, but I still notice that it seems to be somewhat hard to find in a lot of stores. I hope that doesn't translate into poor initial sales.

Anybody else notice this?

I noticed my local Walmart and Target were out of stock last week. Not sure how many they had initially. Certainly seems to either be selling well OR under-stocked OR both.

jmoe316

Am I the only one who views the ending as a parody (or taking inspiration from)
Saint's Row 3
. Don't get me wrong, it was cool, just had a moment of "I've done this before."

I'm surprised with reading so many comments and no mention of this.

hiro4

My god. This game is a time sink.
Already spent around 16 hours in the game and am now at 18% with mission 6 just finished. There is just so much to do in this game.

Perhaps I should focus more on the main missions or at least until I have all the outfits since climbing a big ass bridge and finding a lock icon feels bad.

The writing in this game is awesome. I love the whole construction thing.
All of the Arnie references was great. Too bad there wasn't a Kindergarten Cop reference.

Not only that but they keep referencing themselves.
Like the whole ice cream torture thing.

Top Bottom