• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO City Undercover |OT| This city has no ports

I just came into the thread to see if anyone else had the same problem, I'm now positive that the bolded is the cause :p

I'm loving the game, I should be about halfway through with the story (and less than 7% complete...). Only downsides so far are loading times, driving (I'm getting used to it though) and the frame crazyness described above.

Damn... I hope this isn't a legit major issue. I'll be on an SDTV as well when I pick this up with my Wii U in a few months.

Damn... I hope this isn't a legit major issue. I'll be on an SDTV as well when I pick this up with my Wii U in a few months.

Unfortunately it's pretty annoying, not necessarily it will affect all SDTVs though.

Strange, because the UI is properly aligned... they should have tested it on SDTVs, maybe it affects only PAL ones.

kinggroin

Banned
Chapter 3. How do I build the boat/ferry?

I've collected like 10 super bricks and have 75k of the red ones. Am I missing something?

I haven't seen any screen tearing at all(13h10 on the game), and I hate screen-tearing in game(It's a deal breaker for me to buy a game)...

Yep, same here. I can live with a small amount but bad tearing literally makes my head hurt / feel nauseous. See No More Heroes PS3 for a game I couldn't play even to the end of the first level.

I'll always take a slightly lower frame rate over minimal tearing, too; Wii U has been good for me in that respect.

kinggroin

Banned
You can collect some bricks in the police yard area. I think you have to do that first.

I got one in the garbage bin by using the footsteps tracker, I got one under the tall tower on the roof and another at the very top of the same tower. I found like 6 more in the city.

I think the game is just broken for me :-(

Its even giving me the green obvjective arrow pointing at the broken ferry.

Yeah. I can't imagine you guys haven't noticed this amount of stuttering.
What could the cause be? The fact that Im not using an hdmi cable? A setting on my tv? Or is my WiiU drive already broken?
Bingo. And your avatar is quite possibly the greatest picture I've ever seen.

Cosmozone

Me, too. Originally wanted to do finish the story tomorrow but then reconsidered. A great ride indeed. Did you notice that the vocals in that special one of the final songs say "Lego"? That was pretty funny (and awesome) when I realized it, lol. Thanks to all developers for the game. Will now try to get 100% over the time. This will take a while, I'm at 29,8% now. But no hurry anymore. I'll fire this up whenever I'm in the mood for exploring the city. Relaxed gaming ahead!

I've just finished the main quest, and the last mission is just fucking awesome!!! Especially the last part, my mind was blown.... The music, visually, just woaw, and all of this in a lego game.
Good Job TTgames!

Just finished the story, 20.6% of the game discovered, amazing...
There's so much stuff to do, too bad I don't have time to go for 100% at the moment otherwise I'd have done it!

So, for people on SDTVs, we're basically stuck with a shittier experience? Not counting the obvious downgrade in resolution... Damn.

It will be like that for more than this game I'm afraid, it's just how the Wii U OS manages the non HDMI output if I understood it correctly.
With Ps3 and 360 it was just a matter of text size, but this is much worse.
I wonder what will happen with Ps4, it's already confirmed from the official specs that it will have an analog output.

EDIT: has anyone tried the game on an NTSC SDTV? I wonder if it's limited to PAL SDTVs.

bitoriginal

I got one in the garbage bin by using the footsteps tracker, I got one under the tall tower on the roof and another at the very top of the same tower. I found like 6 more in the city.

I think the game is just broken for me :-(

Its even giving me the green obvjective arrow pointing at the broken ferry.

Probably a bit late but you need to destroy the little blue thing near the bridge pillar and assemble it so you can climb up, hang from the bridge and move over to the top of the garage. Run left and theres like a radio tower, climb to the top of that and collect a mega brick worth like 15,000.

I was stuck there for a bit too.

It will be like that for more than this game I'm afraid, it's just how the Wii U OS manages the non HDMI output if I understood it correctly.
I wonder what will happen with Ps4, it's already confirmed from the official specs that it will have an analog output.

EDIT: has anyone tried the game on an NTSC SDTV? I wonder if it's limited to PAL SDTVs.

I'll be giving it a shot via NTSC SDTV in mid-June. I'll certainly be posting a thread bitching about it if that's the case around that time.

BooJoh

How bad are they?

Load times can be up to a minute, particularly when moving from the Police Station to the City and vice versa, but I'm finding that other than that and when you first load up the game, it really doesn't spend that much time loading. At least it's not really bothering me.

Disc version here btw.

Effect

After a while the load times should stop bothering you. You start spending more and more time in the city and when you do go indoors for mission you are spending a significant amount of time in there as well. So when you do end up moving between them the loading won't bother you I feel. Especially once you realize just how big the city is and just how stuff is in it and going on. Then the load times appears fast when you understand what is being loaded. It really only annoyed me the most when I had to go back and forth between the city and the police station early on but you move away from that somewhat quickly. I only ever go back there to unlock new characters, etc and I do that after I've gotten a fair number of them. I honestly feel you won't care about the loading after a while.

hiro4

Bingo. And your avatar is quite possibly the greatest picture I've ever seen.

Well that sucks! Time for a new tv I guess. And thank you I will tell the person who made it :)

Actually to be honest I rather have these performance issues than not being able to play the game at all as it is the case with the games where you can't read shit. Both options still sucks though.

Just started this, Jesus Christ these load times are horrendous, wtf.....

Have to agree. Just started it and they are just ridiculous.

Like others already have said you get used to it and they aren't that bad when you realize what is loading in the game.

Still this is something they should fix when they make a sequel.

addyb

Question GAF.

I'm really loving this game and its my first Lego experience. I'll be eagerly awaiting to see how the 3DS version pans out.

Lego Batman 2. Is this worth picking up? How does it compare to LCU in terms of open world structure, mission types etc and does it have the same amount of replay value?

I can get it at a really good price from Argos at present (£8.99 using a voucher I have) just wondering whether to get the ps3 version. I know its getting a Wii U release but it will also be 4X the price which can't see it being worth it.

For those of you having problems with the loading times, try not looking at the progress bar!
It makes them faster :p

Actually to be honest I rather have these performance issues than not being able to play the game at all as it is the case with the games where you can't read shit. Both options still sucks though.

Actually, you're right... *looks at the shelf with unplayed Binary Domain, Dark Souls, Resonance of fate and many others..*

Go319

Just finished the main story line of the game.

only at 30% overall.

what a fun game.

And i played it in complete silence as im using a monitor with no speakers until i get a new TV lol....stupid wii u connections. was the music any good?

Foshy

Has anyone got a spare code from the #60007 High-Speed Chase set?

EDIT: nvm, found it on the previous page :) N7NN4F9, for those who need it too.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Just finished the main story line of the game.

only at 30% overall.

what a fun game.

And i played it in complete silence as im using a monitor with no speakers until i get a new TV lol....stupid wii u connections. was the music any good?

I Imagine this game would lose a LOT of its charm without the voice acting....

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Like others already have said you get used to it and they aren't that bad when you realize what is loading in the game.

Still this is something they should fix when they make a sequel.

Couldn't they fix load times in a patch?

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
I absolutely LOVED this game. The graphics were charming and very clean with some surprisingly good textures, the story/characters were hilarious and fun, the gameplay was varied, even the music was good! And don't even get me started on that epic finale! (won't spoil it for anyone, as I was blown away and wouldn't want to ruin that for someone)
the load time issue was blown way out of proportion, and unless you're running in and out of HQ over and over like some broken record, it's really not a problem.

NFreak

Ok, the amount of stuff to collect is absolutely ridiculous. I spent like 3 hours playing last night and felt like I collected a shit ton of stuff only to see my percentage go from 55% to 59%. Anyone know a good way to know where you still have items to find other than scanning?

Cosmozone

Anyone know a good way to know where you still have items to find other than scanning?
The gamepad screen should be able to give you the info. I've seen people checking completion lists of various areas, but haven't checked myself yet. Maybe its reachable from that '!' screen.

Top Bottom