• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

XYe29.png

B9244.png

2N6Jv.png

Love these.

And the Snowspeeder Pilot is Dack, so that's where he went from the Battle of Hoth set.

Is the head on the mini fig reversible to show his charred face after the snow speeder eats that blaster shot?

Progress: moving onto bag 3 of R2-D2. Awesome build so far. I can tell this lil guy is going to be one of the crown jewels to display.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Saw all the new Hobbit sets at TRU today, but I couldn't bring myself to pay the TRU tax for An Unexpected Gathering.

C'mon Shop@Lego! We need Galaxy Squad!

That
retractable third leg
has to function somehow.

I just finished putting the middle leg in (stealth penis joke!). I love the way it just kind of drops down and hangs there (second stealth penis joke!). Cant wait to get the other legs built tomorrow. I think I found a comfortable stopping point for the night.

LOVE the build on this thing so far. It is just so unique, and the model looks like it will be a nice display size without being crazy large like the Imperial Shuttle was. A nice, cute, compact model that is instantly recognizable. I cant wait to finish it.

On a side note, I just looked closer at the box for Queen Anne's Revenge: SO MANY SKULLS! When I disassemble this set for MOC purposes, I will have so many heads to make a whole army of Vashta Nerada.

I'm officially running out of space to put my new sets. I have R2-D2, TIE Defender, and new Millenium Falcon still in boxes because I have no idea where the hell to put them. Time to fit another shelf in my apartment?

Vyer

I love goooolld!

Lego Store also had Seaside House 10 bucks off, plus another 10% with the peel off card. Also picked up the magnet ornament. So we should have a few nice Christmas themed Lego decorations up this month.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I went from hating R2D2 on its reveal, to really loving it. I'm trying to make space on my desk so he can sit there.

I went from hating R2D2 on its reveal, to really loving it. I'm trying to make space on my desk so he can sit there.

LOVE the set so far. I stayed up later than I should have and built the two main legs. Such a cute little Astromech droid. This is inching up into the top 3 best sets I have bought this year. Let's see if it sticks the landing once complete, because so far this looks leagues better in person than it did in pics.

Vyer

Local Lego store employee told me the person who got the 50% off card in that store only had a 20 dollar set.....and didn't bother to go back and get anything else even after they told him he was able to.

She said the whole store was sad.... :(

Chuckie

Local Lego store employee told me the person who got the 50% off card in that store only had a 20 dollar set.....and didn't bother to go back and get anything else even after they told him he was able to.

If I had a 50% discount card...I'd probably get the SSD or something like that.

ruxtpin

Banned

smh... some people

I'd have picked up the SSD, Sopwith, and maybe the VW Bug if I was lucky enough to get that coupon. heh

R-User!

ahh! They'd probably have to use one of those giant pallets to get everything to your car?

It would have been 3-5 trips to the car while they watch my things behind the counter.

In regards to this idea; I still spent around 1500 across Black Friday weekend...

Thanks again Phonciple Bone for that 30% off B&N coupon; I ended up using 5-6 of them!!! Separate transactions FTW!

Btw? What does "Phonciple Bone" mean? If you don't mind explaining the definition of you UN of course. :/ :)

MrDaravon

Guys, you should totally dig this speedster from the Creator 2013 serie. So many white pieces and three cool looking vehicles

31006-1.jpg

DADDY WANTS.

Man, at some point soon I'm going to need to go through the Lego wikia at the new and upcoming sets and try to make a list of what I want. Also I'm really glad to hear R2 is a great build; the wife got it for me for Christmas, but I remember early on people seemed kind of down on it.

bodine1231

LOVE the set so far. I stayed up later than I should have and built the two main legs. Such a cute little Astromech droid. This is inching up into the top 3 best sets I have bought this year. Let's see if it sticks the landing once complete, because so far this looks leagues better in person than it did in pics.

Which build do you prefer between R2,Pet Shop or Diagon Alley?

Hari Seldon

Asked my wife for a Minstorm for Christmas. Anything useful that will go with it? How powerful are the motors that come with it, and can you buy separate 3rd party motors to work or are they special to mindstorm?

DJ_Lae

I come to confess my sins - I may blaspheme again by buying the NFS Porsche Mega Bloks set. Yes, I have Diagon Alley sitting waiting for Christmas, I have the Creator transport chopper and the City mining dump truck waiting too, and Mega Bloks actual blocks are somewhat shit, but it's a 680-odd piece set on clearance for $20.

My main hesitation comes with the sheer number of custom pieces, almost all exterior. My only other sin is the large Halo Warthog set, which is a neat display piece but a completely horrific build experience thanks to how hard the pieces are to fit together. The end product, however, is solid, weighty, and looks pretty damn cool. I just don't know I'd replicate it with real Lego given the custom wheels and three canopy pieces. That and the colour.

Maybe it's mostly curiosity. Here in Canada the best Lego car I could get for $20 would be that creator dune hopper and a Mega Bloks car would probably be less prone to losing pieces when my daughter plays with it, ironically due to how poorly they fit together.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
-Mega Bloks-

Mega Bloks you say? I made a Skylanders Giants Mega Bloks post in the Giants thread if you'd like to check it out.

Mega Bloks is great for the custom pieces, articulated minifigures and overall great end product and value. They've stepped up their game over the last few years with Halo, WoW and Skylanders.

Seriously, get some of the Skylanders Giants sets. Troll Mech Ambush alone is worth it. For the price of a usual LEGO $20 mech, you get an awesome Tree Rex figure (larger than a minifigure), a boulder, a Troll, a sheep, and the Gunsnout, a fun build accurate to the in-game mech.

Plus I used the extra pieces to make an island.

===========================

Still waiting on Galaxy Squad, Shop@Home. :(

ghostmind

Mega Bloks you say? Another chance to advertise my Skylanders Giants Mega Bloks post!

Mega Bloks is great for the custom pieces, articulated minifigures and overall great end product and value. They've stepped up their game over the last few years with Halo, WoW and Skylanders.

Seriously, get some of the Skylanders Giants sets. Troll Mech Ambush alone is worth it. For the price of a usual LEGO $20 mech, you get an awesome Tree Rex figure (larger than a minifigure), a boulder, a Troll, a sheep, and the Gunsnout, a fun build accurate to the in-game mech.

Plus I used the extra pieces to make an island.

Still waiting on Galaxy Squad, Shop@Home. :(

We are a friendly bunch, but I don't think that MegaBollocks is going to gain much traction here.

Milamber

Ever since my last amazing find at a garage sale, I've been still going to flea markets for my next gold strike.

The number of times I hit fools gold in boxes labelled "LEGO" but inside were just MegaBloks sets is almost 100%. I really hate MegaBloks.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Jesus Christ...do you work for Megabloks or something?
If you mean that my MB post in the Giants thread looks nice, then I take it as a complement. I really enjoy their new Skylanders sets, but since last post makes you uncomfortable I scaled it back.

MegaBollocks

True, there's not much room for discussing Mega Bloks here, but I like to address that one Kre-O/MB post that pops up here every ten pages or so.
I'm not trying to advertise Mega Bloks, I'm just saying that their newer stuff is better quality than it used to be.

bodine1231

Ok I lied, I havent actually bought the Deathstar yet (its sitting in my cart). Would the better buy be Pet Shop and Town Hall to complete the current modular sets? Its also 4800pcs to the Deathstars 3800.

Chuckie

If you mean that my MB post in the Giants thread looks nice, then I take it as a complement. I really enjoy their new Skylanders sets, but since it makes you uncomfortable I scaled it back..

No I wasn't talking about the post in the Giants thread, so no need to scale anything down.
I was talking about your sales pitch in this thread ;)

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
No problem. "Sales pitch" taken down.

Moving on, that golden brick is beautiful! Reminds me of the Golden Anniversary Set (5522) that I've envied for years.
Those employees must've had the time of their lives.

If you mean that my MB post in the Giants thread looks nice, then I take it as a complement. I really enjoy their new Skylanders sets, but since last post makes you uncomfortable I scaled it back.

Don't edit your post to make it look less supportive of Megabloks. There's nothing wrong with supporting another building toy.

The fact is that we should be glad that Lego's competition is thriving. Competition is a good thing.

Maybe it will convince Lego to drive the prices down on their licensed sets. A guy can dream.

Chuckie

No problem. "Sales pitch" taken down.

Moving on, that golden brick is beautiful! Reminds me of the Golden Anniversary Set (5522) that I've envied for years.
Those employees must've had the time of their lives.

Also no need to take it down man. I just made a 'snappy' remark... It's not my intention to silence you or something. Freedom of speech and all ;)

Top Bottom