• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

ghostmind

Ok I lied, I havent actually bought the Deathstar yet (its sitting in my cart). Would the better buy be Pet Shop and Town Hall to complete the current modular sets? Its also 4800pcs to the Deathstars 3800.

Ov2GW.jpg

Do what must be done. Do not hesitate, show no mercy.

My wife and I recently got a nice wooden table. I'd like to build on it but I don't want to scratch it. Do any of you have a recommendation on a decent looking surface/cover to put on top of the table and protect it?

R-User!

Ok I lied, I havent actually bought the Deathstar yet (its sitting in my cart). Would the better buy be Pet Shop and Town Hall to complete the current modular sets? Its also 4800pcs to the Deathstars 3800.

Complete the Modulars!!

Wait until DStar is 25% off (300.00) Then you'll feel like its an amazing value at sub .10c per piece! :)

Edit: nm, your doing what must be done! >:)

Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've created. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force!

Don't try to frighten us with your sorcerer's ways, Lord Vader. Your sad devotion to that ancient Jedi religion has not helped you conjure up stolen data tapes, or given you enough clairvoyance to find the Rebels' hidden fortress!

Cyrillus

Can't decide if I should buy the Supercar or the Helicopter next.
I don't have much interest in the helicopter so I'm a definitely biased, but the Supercar is such an awesome set! I have the b-model built right now because I prefer the look, but honestly both models are awesome!

Heck, the Supercar is so awesome I think Nicoga bought 2.

Nitemare1

So here is my new plan. I think I'm going to take my Queen Anns Revenge apart a little and try to moc a proper deck for the ship. Bring the canons up on deck and maybe a few other things to make it look a little more "replica" Think I might be biting off more than I can chew but it should be a good exercise in MOC'ing. Hope I have enough brown pieces to do it justice! Pics to follow if it comes of anything worth sharing.

bodine1231

Can't wait to get it in tomorrow! I won't get to building the Death Star for a while because I have to finish Fire Brigade since I've already started it and I want to build Haunted House as well. However I WILL be nabbing those minifigs!

Has anyone read ideas or seen pictures incorporating the Haunted House with the other modular buildings?

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Talk about inconsistent capitalization.

edit: Hah! Caught you before your edit!

mclaren-f1-mp4-22-nr-22,cobi_mclaren_25160_rgb_72dpi_box_2,k3djZatnlKiRlOvRlmRk-.jpg

Your avatar reminded me of this Cobi McLaren set. LEGO makes Ferrari sets, Cobi seems to have the license for McLaren and Renault sets.

As you can see there are a few unique parts (nose cone, roll hoop), and it's also sticker-tastic - pretty unavoidable for a F1-car with tons of ads on it really. The "Lewis Hamilton" minifigure is also pretty ugly.

The thing is though that I cannot recommend this set to kids, even if they're the biggest construction brick/McLaren fan ever. You know the pain of stepping on LEGO bricks right? Well, that can't compare to stepping on some Cobi parts. Where LEGO parts are rounded off for safety, Cobi parts have sharp edges, and the smallest wedge has a particularly sharp edge which could probably draw blood if stepped on. So yeah, don't give this to kids.

R-User!

My wife and I recently got a nice wooden table. I'd like to build on it but I don't want to scratch it. Do any of you have a recommendation on a decent looking surface/cover to put on top of the table and protect it?

I don't mean this sarcastically, but I think just buy a cheap single color table cloth just for LEGO building! :)

Can't wait to get it in tomorrow! I won't get to building the Death Star for a while because I have to finish Fire Brigade since I've already started it and I want to build Haunted House as well. However I WILL be nabbing those minifigs!

Has anyone read ideas or seen pictures incorporating the Haunted House with the other modular buildings?

You cant do it without a base of some sort like I made with mine. The Haunted House is exactly 32 studs wide, just like the modulars. The issue is that the chimney has the hinge pieces on it, so those jut out slightly which stops you from putting it next to another building.

With some modifications to the house structure itself you could make it fit I would think.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
We spent half a page posting goofy Star Wars images in response to a Death Star purchase and yet there's no room for healthy discussion about other building block brands and their great sets?

Where's that NeoGAF gif when you need it?

I love you guys.

Also, Galaxy Squad sets should be up at S@H tonight. The wait is crazy!

We spent half a page posting goofy Star Wars images in response to a Death Star purchase and yet there's no room for healthy discussion about other building block brands and their great sets?

Where's that NeoGAF gif when you need it?

I love you guys.

Also, Galaxy Squad sets should be up at S@H tonight. The wait is crazy!

Sadly, that will have to wait for next year from me. I am excited to get them though. They look great.

And about the Star Wars images: it is the power of the Death Star set.

Oh, you sexy thing.

A86xF0aCQAIOCUp.jpg

The body was the best part. So unique and awesome as it comes together. The head was a definite step down from the body, but I honestly cannot think of any other way they could have pulled it off other then covering it with tiles to cover the studs.

The eye is actually adjustable on the head though. That was a pleasant surprise. Sorry for the short review, but Queen Anne is calling.

Short version of R2-D2: BUY IT! NOW!

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Don't forget to buy two Space Swarmers.

And a Swarm Interceptor.
And two Warp Stingers.
And a Star Slicer.

...Wait, this is a swarm, right? Buy an extra of each! Why not? Especially because the Space Swarmers are so cheap!

Hmm, the Squads are getting a little outnumbered. Better grab the Vermin Vaporizer to take out the trash!

Surely those Alien Bugs need to be taken down! Gotta toss a Bug Obliterator into the cart!
...But there isn't enough Alien Mosquitos! Better grab some more Warp Stingers for consistency!
Now I just need a few more Space Beetles...

That's when it begins.

These microbuilds are incredible...

20121129_212841.jpg

Dat second floor continues to deliver. And you still aren't to the "whoa!" part yet. :)

Part of the fun of that build is not knowing what that floor has in store for you. Even the part you know about (the front of the building) is much cooler than you think once you build it.

Galaxy Squad, please.

It will be mine. Oh yes, it will be mine.

Whoa. That is the first close up of that one I have seen. That is awesome.

ghostmind

Galaxy Squad section just popped up at S@H. No content yet though.

EDIT: and there we go - now available!

70700/$12/80pcs
70701/$20/218pcs
70702/$30/310pcs
70703/$40/311pcs
70704/$60/506pcs
70705/$80/711pcs

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Gentlemen, start your [galactic] engines!

Space Swarmer (70700) - $11.99
Swarm Interceptor (70701) - $19.99
Warp Stinger (70702) - $29.99
Star Slicer (70703) - $39.99
Vermin Vaporizer (70704) - $59.99
Bug Obliterator (70705) - $79.99

[EDIT] Beaten, but I thought I'd name the sets while we're at it.

ghostmind

New City and Creator sets on S@H as well, but some curious omissions for now...

No Super Heroes, Star Wars, Ninjago or TMNT yet

Top Bottom