• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
New City and Creator sets on S@H as well, but some curious omissions for now...

Noticed that Museum Heist isn't up and Thunder Wings (Creator set) is categorized under City.

The close-ups look great, especially the Power Mech. Love that mixture of Bulkhead/Springer/Hound!

Rootbeer

Banned
Yesssss :)

Wow all the sets are so affordable.

Now... should i wait for amazon for the free 2-day prime shipping or order from lego.com to get points yet have to wait 5 - 7 days (or more?) for it to arrive, argh.

ghostmind

Noticed that Museum Heist isn't up and Thunder Wings (Creator set) is categorized under City.

The close-ups look great, especially the Power Mech. Love that mixture of Bulkhead/Springer/Hound!

Yep, Museum Heist is missing, as are the Fire Station, Fire Helicopter and Fire Boat.

For Creator, the Small Cottage is missing. Not sure about others.

Yesssss :)

Wow all the sets are so affordable.

Now... should i wait for amazon for the free 2-day prime shipping or order from lego.com to get points yet have to wait 5 - 7 days (or more?) for it to arrive, argh.

Order a bunch from Lego. Get points. Wait impatiently for goodies to arrive.

EDIT: Whoa. On LEGO.com I see Hillside House and the Lighthouse Island are sold out. So those sets are goners huh?

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Next year my friends. Next year.

Join the Swarm, Bone! Be a bit more hiveminded!

Look at all those juicy, juicy points. Isn't it BUGging you? It's not like you're going to SQUADer your money! These sets are out of this world!

XdSbV.png

Your wallet is open. They are coming.

ghostmind

Order a bunch from Lego. Get points. Wait impatiently for goodies to arrive.

EDIT: Whoa. On LEGO.com I see Hillside House and the Lighthouse Island are sold out. So those sets are goners huh?

A lot of sets are sold out on S@H right now. Not sure what is coming back at the moment.

Join the Swarm, Bone! Be a bit more hiveminded!

Look at all those juicy, juicy points. Isn't it BUGging you? Don't you feel the need to SQUADer your money?

uWoay.png

Your wallet is open. They are coming.

Oh, they will be mine. Way too much money dropped on sets in the last week, and I still have a bit more on my dentist bill to pay off. Not to mention two more fillings to go. :)

Crossing fingers for gift cards for Christmas. I am now focused solely on saving up for the SSD. Nothing else matters until that is mine. Once that is bought, it will be easy to grab the smaller sets like Galaxy Squad.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
You're missing the best one.

Thanks! Can't believe I forgot that one.

I'll have a BONE to pick with you if you don't get these ASAP!

I just wish there was a Ship to LEGO Store option. Maybe LEGOLAND California will have them tomorrow?

ghostmind

Thanks! Can't believe I forgot that one.

I'll have a BONE to pick with you if you don't get these ASAP!

I have 3 of them already, the other 3 I will have tomorrow!

And remember, there is at least one polybag on the way, as well as 4 additional sets later in the year, so there may be plenty of opportunities for building your armies (or swarms in this case).

I have 3 of them already, the other 3 I will have tomorrow!

And remember, there is at least one polybag on the way, as well as 4 additional sets later in the year, so there may be plenty of opportunities for building your armies (or swarms in this case).

Did they announce the names or any details about the 4 other sets to come? I am guessing one really big set, because the flagship set being $80 (but an awesome looking set) makes me think something big is coming.

Perhaps the Alien Hive or something?

ghostmind

Did they announce the names or any details about the 4 other sets to come? I am guessing one really big set, because the flagship set being $80 (but an awesome looking set) makes me think something big is coming.

Perhaps the Alien Hive or something?

They usually save the big sets for the 2nd half, so I'm also expecting something like that, and/or a Squad base. We probably won't hear more until the NY Toy Fair.

ghostmind

The pieces connecting the clear blue pieces at the front? Looks like a double height single stud piece.

With stud connectors on either side...

The pulley wheel acts as a "male to male" connector!

kZFBy.jpg

I never knew it could do that!

Found this on Eurobricks and almost lost my mind until someone explained it...

I'm pretty sure Mark Stafford is behind these designs - this kind of stuff screams his technique.

Rootbeer

Banned
Y'all see this? I haven't kept up with this thread too well recently...or since it new threaded.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFITk8HHHhM

I'm excited. I also found out how to say Chima.

Also we started selling Galaxy Squad sets on Wednesday in the Lego Store.

yeah... it's awesome. I'm more excited about this series than Galaxy Squad, though I'm interested in both. The minifigs look a lot better, I don't like the the needle-nose and angular cyber heads on some of the galaxy squad stuff.

Chuckie

Wow...the more I look at the Galaxy Squad LEGO, the more I am loving it!

I won't be buying all sets, but I can see myself buying at least three. I am loving those insect-vehicles.

Anyone knows when these sets will be available in Holland?

Kletian

Ordered a Swarmer, the Green Robot Creator set and the Vaporizer. Added a second swarmer because it was either pay $12 for that and get free shipping or just $10 for shipping.

The choice was obvious.

Everything else I'm going to wait until I see them at Target/Walmart. Unless the BOGO 50% is still going on tomorrow and TRU happens to have Galaxy Squad, will be hard to resist then.

Fxp

Just pulled the trigger on Grand Emporium. It'll be my second modular and I couldn't wait any longer when it's going OOP. Paid 13o euros incl. shipping.

I just walked away from it at retail cost...and I'm wondering if I should have snatched it up.

Have the online sources of it dried up? I started on the Winter Toy Shop last night & absolutely love it....trying to stay strong until after Christmas to get the Bakery & Grand Emporium.

I just finished ordering my minifigures series 1 and 2 from brick link, 200$ gone.
This is what happens when you start this late to collect this minifigures, also some old
minifigures are way more expensive than others from the same series, why is that? it's not like they made less of those.

Are you in the GTA? If so don't Bricklink them! There's a store that sells S2's at retail cost and they've still got a ton of them.

Montreal :(

I spend 100$ on S2 :(
Some minifigs are like 4$ and then the spartan is like 25$ WTF! same happened with S1 I got a few for 5$ and then the zombie was like 25$, the robot 20$ and the clown like 15$ I don't understand the minifigures market!

DJ_Lae

You are in Canada too right? we should buy a box of series 9 along with another canadian or something :D

I would be up for this.

I was just kidding about the chicken man, too (sort of), I think he's as hilariously absurd as the bunny guy, and I only have one of him.

Ironmask

I just finished ordering my minifigures series 1 and 2 from brick link, 200$ gone.
This is what happens when you start this late to collect this minifigures, also some old
minifigures are way more expensive than others from the same series, why is that? it's not like they made less of those.

200$ is a blast, i've managed to spend 140 for both of them, my tip is to search on ebay.de where the price is really lower.
Not everybody try to collect all the minifigs of a serie, usually people tend to look for a specific one or a bunch of those. So the most popular ones (overall i can think of any kind of warrior) are the first sold out.
Also many people tend to gather those with unique accesories (teddy bear, guitars...) to reuse on specific MOC.

that's why Zombie S1 and Spartan S2 are the most wanted :)

Top Bottom