• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

R-User!

We've talked about the UCS Red Leader X-wing a bit here earlier. What we are trying to figure out is just what shape it will take, be it just a big X-wing or a vignette from the Ep4 trench run.

The Ewok Village I have been hearing more about lately, but without something substantial to bring to LEGO-GAF, I haven't presented it yet. So let's add it firmly to the rumor pile.

i remember that we it was talked about, but i just thought that more confirmation isnt necessarily a bad thing and your right, we do need to know if it will be a trench run or a stand-alone ship... :)

BioHazard

If I go to one of those monthly builds at a LEGO store, will I be able to get one, or do you have to be a kid? They make it sound like a kids only event and their parents....and juice

ghostmind

I could see all 3 of this year's Creator houses complementing each other. You've got the main house, the smaller guest-house for the older son and the treehouse for the younger son.

I could see all 3 of this year's Creator houses complementing each other. You've got the main house, the smaller guest-house for the older son and the treehouse for the younger son.

Guest house for the nephew that got in one little fight and his mom got scared so she moved him in with his aunty and uncle.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
30uGSVi.jpg

So the roof tiles are dark red and brown. Interesting. Love this set.

*drool* That mech is mine.

Is that the Galactic Titan? It is what I was thinking. A HUGE mech.

And is it too much to ask for a LEGO mech with bendable knees?

My guess is bendable knees create stability issues for younger kids that really play with them as opposed to just posing.

I foresee a glorious fusion of that galaxy squad mech and lex luthor's power armor in the future.

Fuck.

I thought I'd convinced myself not to want galaxy squad sets. I've still only got the tiny lotr ones :(

Sadness. I'm in the same boat. Was just going to get a few small cheap sets. But now, with the 2nd wave, I'm feeling almost all the sets would be glorious for epic scenes. :(
Hoping Galaxy Squad isn't super popular so I can get the bigger sets on clearance.

Bah! When I think Titan, I think a giant. Of course, the threaded vehicle looks like a bigger set piece wise, but I want a huge mech with insane detail.

Sudden MOC idea...I need lots of purple pieces now. I want to make a Sentinel.

I just looked closer at this picture. The yacht has a water slide on the back side of it. I MUST HAVE THIS SET!

He has an awesome Galactus too.

Why is friends getting all the love with the yacht? All these years of LEGO city and there wasn't anybody rich enough to have a rich man's yacht like that?

Question concerning used LEGO sets: Why do I see so many sets where the boxes are open but the bags are not? Why would they open the box if they didn't plan on building it? It makes me think there is some kind of scam to it. :lol

iuuk

Sooo... It seems like they've added the American Amazon to the European Amazon shopper. Thanks for showing us Europeans how screwed we really are! €88 for a Fire Brigade, I would even consider buying a second one for that price.

Hit the Lego Store today. Picked up Batman vs Bane Tumbler and the Power Mech. Time to get MOCing!

Oh they did give me the March Calendar too, so, yeah saving for double points on that Technic Grand Prix Racer!

Question concerning used LEGO sets: Why do I see so many sets where the boxes are open but the bags are not? Why would they open the box if they didn't plan on building it? It makes me think there is some kind of scam to it. :lol

I think it is because a lot of boxes get damaged during shipping. I ordered a Shuttle Expedition off Amazon and the box had a huge hole down the side. So people then buy the box separately off BrickLink or a forum.

jpatez34

Neo Member
Would any American Gafatiers be willing to ship over 2 of the Galaxy Squad sets to the UK?
I can't wait till June to get my hands on this series! I'd be willing to pay you through Pay Pal or Bank Transfer.

I think it is because a lot of boxes get damaged during shipping. I ordered a Shuttle Expedition off Amazon and the box had a huge hole down the side. So people then buy the box separately off BrickLink or a forum.

Oh, I guess that makes sense. It seemed odd with how many I was seeing.

Oh, I guess that makes sense. It seemed odd with how many I was seeing.

My daughter's Cinderella's Castle box looked like a freight train ran it over. She's two so she doesn't care, but i imagine Amazon probably has a lot of returns for boxes being dinged.

If you don't care about the box, it is a good way to get a price break.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So I went with the VW camper for my Birthday gift, and had a blast assembling it. Lots of fun techniques. Only two negatives I'd say are that the fold down bed/chair is way to fragile, and I really wish the front wheels turned.

It also made me glad for putting stickers on most my other sets, because it prepared me for the awesome stickers on this one that really do require precise placement.

Just finished the Quinjet set. Honestly it may have been more fun to build than the Sopwith. It was fun seeing all the parts come together in the end.

Really awesome set, an absolute steal at $50.

beje

Banned
I just received the Power Mech today, such an awesome build. Will be difficult to put it appart for the MOC contest though but that was half of the reason why I bought it.

Just finished the Quinjet set. Honestly it may have been more fun to build than the Sopwith. It was fun seeing all the parts come together in the end.

Really awesome set, an absolute steal at $50.

If you're ready for another awesome set, pick-up the Sith Fury-class Interceptor (9500). I was able to pick it for $73 last fall, but Amazon has it right now for $75. The MSRP is $90. Awesome set, fun build even if the wings are repetitive and fantastic Swooshing!

If you're ready for another awesome set, pick-up the Sith Fury-class Interceptor (9500). I was able to pick it for $73 last fall, but Amazon has it right now for $75. The MSRP is $90. Awesome set, fun build even if the wings are repetitive and fantastic Swooshing!

I'm ready but my wallet probably isn't. :lol I'll check it out though, thanks.

It looks like I'm developing early stages of that LEGO disease going around. I probably caught it from someone in this thread.

zol.png

HALP!

Picked up Small Cottage and Thunder Wings tonight while out. Almost grabbed Highway Speedster as well, but resisted. And still have not plunged into Galaxy Quest yet. Waiting for good deals on the bigger sets.

Just noticed there is a link between the two sets - note the walkie-talkies that the dad and the boy have. Loving it!
Oh, god. Must get! So great.

Just finished Small Cottage. Fun and cute little build. Nothing amazing, but loving the sliding glass doors on it. It is a cute little set. What I would call a "gateway set." Enough basic techniques, but small little details to get you interested in more complex builds.

Recommended, and a good way for Creator to start the year. Cannot wait for the tree house and family home. This almost feels like a teaser trailer for the main event to come.

Top Bottom