• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

Hey guys, I just thought I would let you know LEGO Minecraft is available on lego.com right now. I had to buy this for $60+ on amazon, so I figured I would let anyone know who is interested.

Link -

51YhG3N6M2L._SL500_SS500_.jpg

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Minecraft-21102

it needs the Tie Fighter so it will not be lonely

And the Y-wing!
Agreed. Y-wing is very underrated as a set. So cool.

And just finished Thunder Wings main build. Good build, and a few cool techniques, but nothing amazing. However, the main jet is VERY swooshable. Not at Quinjet levels, but definitely an 8 or 9 on the Swoosh Scale. Small and compact. Perfect for small aerial dogfights around the home or office.
Will build the mech tomorrow.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Happy AFOL day UK GAF. Get down to your local store an hour before normal opening and they'll let you in and you get 15% off everything plus your normal VIP points.

Anyone else wonder what peoples lego collections and creations look like? We should start posting our total collections and our current MOC builds. It would be really fun I think.

Happy AFOL day UK GAF. Get down to your local store an hour before normal opening and they'll let you in and you get 15% off everything plus your normal VIP points.

:( I want something like that in the US.

Anyone else wonder what peoples lego collections and creations look like? We should start posting our total collections and our current MOC builds. It would be really fun I think.

Many a MOC has been posted in here. And have you joined the MOC contest that Flix set up? You should. It is quite fun.

I"d like to see people's storage and organisation :)

I've a rather large collection of LEGO Star Wars OT sets. Most of them are unopened and in large plastic storage containers.

7cHudmk.jpg

I want to build all of them but I just don't any place in my room to display them. I'm worried about the dust they will collect. :(

Was really looking forward to this year's Castle sets... not really excited after seeing the sets. The Coast Guard ones look awesome though. Don't know if I can resist that boat. I'd put a tub of water in my room just to watch it float.

Many a MOC has been posted in here. And have you joined the MOC contest that Flix set up? You should. It is quite fun.

I did actually! I really like the idea. I built the camera on there.

I am hoping to see some other peoples collections on here!! I usually just build sets, but I am working on a giant moc house that is basically my own house out of lego. Building all the furniture is pretty tough (and finding the right pieces for cheap), but that really makes it fun.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
I"d like to see people's storage and organisation :)

My current organization is shown below. I gathered up the two red LEGO storage bins and the purple and green from my parents and started organizing them. They contained odds and ends as best I could tell. I still have about 20 set boxes at their place that I need to gather up. I believe each of those contain their set, but we shall see. The one bin with the all like colors in it contains my Cafe Corner parts that I am bricklinking. I only need about 30 more pieces and I can build that.

8437097279_303a17889c_c.jpg

8437096639_bd3c5f5fea_c.jpg

8437095921_e25ece9aa2_c.jpg

wetwired

after analyzing some photos of Ecto-1 I ended up making it longer, first photo is the old one I posted a few days ago for references, I'm waiting on some parts to arrive to do the body a bit better so I'll probably move onto the roof gadgets in the meantime.

ecto1-A.jpg

ecto1-B.jpg

ecto1-C.jpg

That Ecto-1 is awesome, wetwired. I hope you'll be putting this up on Cuusoo when you're done?

My Toys R Us FINALLY got in series 9 Minifigs. I felt bags for the Chicken Man, Anime Robot, and Space Orc and bought three more bags without feeling for some blindbag fun.

I also picked up Arctic Batman vs. Mr. Freeze because I need a Mr. Freeze for my Arkham Asylum since LEGO ever so graciously built him a cell, but don't give you a minifig. I didn't really want the batboat, but I'm surprisingly pleased with Arctic Batman and I'll use the ice prison as part of my Arkham Breakout display.

Hey guys, I just thought I would let you know LEGO Minecraft is available on lego.com right now. I had to buy this for $60+ on amazon, so I figured I would let anyone know who is interested.

51YhG3N6M2L._SL500_SS500_.jpg

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Minecraft-21102

Just a friendly PSA: most folks in this thread already know, but LEGO is doing regular print runs of this set now. Expect it to be widely available at MSRP for some time yet. Do not pay the inflated prices it still appears to fetch.

I also picked up Arctic Batman vs. Mr. Freeze

I think you mean, Artic.

Sorry I haven't replied earlier, haven't re-visited the thread this week (and wow, it moves fast!).

We're they unopened?
We're you excited that they were unopened?

Unopened!

Haha, I didn't notice that. Sorry!

Did I forget to mention that they are unopened?!

How much would you want for the UCS Tie Interceptor? I'd be willing to buy it from you for a good price.

Off the top of my head:

TIE: 500+ after fees if sealed and in good condition.
Slave I, B wing: 80ish each

The rest are about 50 each, plus shipping, packing, fees, etc. Check ebay or brickpicker for a better idea.

And I'll take the TIE for a reasonable price as well. Very nice finds, enjoy building them!

Thanks a ton for the guidance on prices, I hadn't heard of brickpicker, thanks for that resource.

As for selling the UCS TIE Interceptor I'm thinking on it (yes it is sealed and the box is in at least good -- I'd say better than that -- condition) -- the TIEs are my absolute favorite ship in Star Wars-dom so I'll likely keep it. What other UCS TIEs did they make? I saw Vader's (and am tempted to try and find it now, ugh!) but only MOCs of the TIE Fighter and Bomber.

I'll likely list some of the other sets, I'm not particularly attached to them.

Edit: OMG, they have a UCS Imperial Shuttle (my second fave ship). I shouldn't have opened this can of worms, my wallet will be empty!

Just finished building the Farnsworth House. Really enjoyed the build. Any other Architecture sets worth considering?
White House is quite cool. Falling water and Robie are supposed to be great but have not gotten them yet.

For something larger scale, have you gotten Tower Bridge? Great build, awesome display piece, and a cornucopia of MOC parts. And it will be disappearing soon most likely.

White House is quite cool. Falling water and Robie are supposed to be great but have not gotten them yet.

For something larger scale, have you gotten Tower Bridge? Great build, awesome display piece, and a cornucopia of MOC parts. And it will be disappearing soon most likely.

For some reason, Tower Bridge doesn't appeal too much to me. I think I will get bored with the repetitive bits. (It looks so symmetrical!)

Fowler

Started building the DEATH STAR (caps are necessary; see opening crawl of Ep 4). I knew it was big. I knew there were 3803 pieces. But this is easily four times bigger than any Lego set I've ever built before in terms of piece count, so it's still a bit of a shock. The big box itself is divided up into four smaller boxes... and the first box alone had SIXTEEN BAGS.

The "whoa" moment so far was building the bottom layer, then adding the middle layer on top... then realising that the huge platform I've built isn't actually the middle layer. It's going to be even bigger than that. Bit of a "holy shit" moment for me.

For some reason, Tower Bridge doesn't appeal too much to me. I think I will get bored with the repetitive bits. (It looks so symmetrical!)

I built both towers simultaneously. Lots of neat SNOT work in it all. And I do like the symmetry of it. It is a repetitive build, but still tons of fun and looks amazing once done.

But as said before, it is an insane set for MOC pieces. So many small detail pieces. I am still using stuff from it, even after making four modular MOCs and other stuff.

Started building the DEATH STAR (caps are necessary; see opening crawl of Ep 4). I knew it was big. I knew there were 3803 pieces. But this is easily four times bigger than any Lego set I've ever built before in terms of piece count, so it's still a bit of a shock. The big box itself is divided up into four smaller boxes... and the first box alone had SIXTEEN BAGS.

The "whoa" moment so far was building the bottom layer, then adding the middle layer on top... then realising that the huge platform I've built isn't actually the middle layer. It's going to be even bigger than that. Bit of a "holy shit" moment for me.

BEST STAR. No real crazy building techniques in it, just pure fun and joy distilled into a giant set.

mernst23

I bit it and paid 185 to get hogwarts 4842 as a valentines gift to the fiancee. Feels crappy to pay 50 over retail but guess its a pill I have to swallow for oop.

Fowler

I bit it and paid 185 to get hogwarts 4842 as a valentines gift to the fiancee. Feels crappy to pay 50 over retail but guess its a pill I have to swallow for oop.

Haha, I bought the same one a little while ago also as a Valentine's surprise! I bought it a while ago but I THINK it was also over MSRP... no MSRPs here in HK so I'm never sure if anything is good value or not.

flyingpig

Neo Member
Sorry I haven't replied earlier, haven't re-visited the thread this week (and wow, it moves fast!).

Haha, I didn't notice that. Sorry!

Did I forget to mention that they are unopened?!

Thanks a ton for the guidance on prices, I hadn't heard of brickpicker, thanks for that resource.

As for selling the UCS TIE Interceptor I'm thinking on it (yes it is sealed and the box is in at least good -- I'd say better than that -- condition) -- the TIEs are my absolute favorite ship in Star Wars-dom so I'll likely keep it. What other UCS TIEs did they make? I saw Vader's (and am tempted to try and find it now, ugh!) but only MOCs of the TIE Fighter and Bomber.

I'll likely list some of the other sets, I'm not particularly attached to them.

Edit: OMG, they have a UCS Imperial Shuttle (my second fave ship). I shouldn't have opened this can of worms, my wallet will be empty!

Haha, happy to help. If you have any interest in the shuttle, buy it now, prices are only going up from here. I'd expect prices to hit 450-500 by Christmas.

If you don't care about the experience of opening the box for the TIE, you can probably sell the new one you have and buy a used one and pocket a few hundred bucks.

185 is a great price for Hogwarts Castle at this point, and well below market value. Where'd you find it? I haven't seen big Harry Potter sets in a while.

mernst23

Haha, happy to help. If you have any interest in the shuttle, buy it now, prices are only going up from here. I'd expect prices to hit 450-500 by Christmas.

If you don't care about the experience of opening the box for the TIE, you can probably sell the new one you have and buy a used one and pocket a few hundred bucks.

185 is a great price for Hogwarts Castle at this point, and wells below market value. Where'd you find it? I haven't seen big Harry Potter sets in a while.

Ebay. Its used but was confirmed complete except a dementors head was subbed with a plain grey piece. Ive been looking on ebay for a while and there have been a lot of flawed sets in the 190 to 210 range, but this was the cheapest and most complete set ive seen after 2 weeks of lurking ebay.

ghostmind

Was just meandering around the LEGO site...

9KASUmV.jpg

That's roughly $500 in free LEGO - if you haven't signed up for your VIP card, I would highly recommend it.

ghostmind

$9,600 on LEGO? Please show off your collection.

Most of my kits are in the basement in their respective boxes. Now that I have my dedicated LEGO room, I am starting to build them up (some again, some for the first time), starting with the modular buildings.

In the interim, here is my son's Ninjago collection (minus some 2012 and 2013 sets which are being stored elsewhere):

2xzhoYg.jpg

TD3NRpz.jpg

quKuKKE.jpg

ruxtpin

Banned
gah. I want the Hillside House, but the cheapest I can find is at the 74 dollar price point at the local TRU.

I'm thinking that's got the TRU markup on it right?

How about that WWII gear? Are those official?
Edit: those Ninjago Dragons are amazing

That's what i was wondering, loving those boots and helmet.

By the way, how is Attack on Weathertop? Anyone here own it? Tempted by a slight amazon price reduction, does it come with the 2 black horses as well ?

Top Bottom