• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

Evolution of a ninja:

UnF9SBn.jpg
tha's not Kai's real hair isn't it, as fas as I know Kai's hair is the only one from the Ninjas that has never been release? The other Ninja's hair can be taken from other sets/minifigures correct?

ghostmind

tha's not Kai's real hair isn't it, as fas as I know Kai's hair is the only one from the Ninjas that has never been release? The other Ninja's hair can be taken from other sets/minifigures correct?

That is correct - Kai's hair was taken from the Sleepyhead CMF, but its not an exact match. The rest of the ninjas' hair can be culled from other kits.

That is correct - Kai's hair was taken from the Sleepyhead CMF, but its not an exact match. The rest of the ninjas' hair can be culled from other kits.
Yeah, I am really LTTP with Ninjago but my nephew just got into it, I bought him the golden dragon but I haven't told him yet, he is gonna go crazy when he finds out

R-User!

That's what i was wondering, loving those boots and helmet.

By the way, how is Attack on Weathertop? Anyone here own it? Tempted by a slight amazon price reduction, does it come with the 2 black horses as well ?

I have Weathertop and I really like the set and the two Nazgul Horses and riders!

Ironmask

Most of my kits are in the basement in their respective boxes. Now that I have my dedicated LEGO room, I am starting to build them up (some again, some for the first time), starting with the modular buildings.

In the interim, here is my son's Ninjago collection (minus some 2012 and 2013 sets which are being stored elsewhere):

so much Ninjago love here, especially the dragons wich are so well made
(robots, that's where LEGO always fail)

So I tried bricklink with no luck. Any idea where I can get one of these guitars guys?

i use Firestar Toys, since it's in the UK and accept paypal (also team gb minifigs at good to honest prices)

so much Ninjago love here, especially the dragons wich are so well made
(robots, that's where LEGO always fail)

i use Firestar Toys, since it's in the UK and accept paypal (also team gb minifigs at good to honest prices)

This Firestar Toys site... do they charge shipping? Because if so then i suppose BrickLink is cheaper most of the time hmm... I like the layout of the site though!

I just noticed Brickset took away the US prices on the european amazon tracker!

Good thing too, that way we Euros no longer have to be forced to look at these ridiculous price ranges in comparison to our own ;)

Just built the Vampyre Hearse, nice dark, gothic look on the hearse, i dig it. I really enjoy all the Monster Fighter sets i built so far :) Can't wait to get Haunted House soon, that and the Ghost train will be the only ones remaining from that theme for me!

Just built the Vampyre Hearse, nice dark, gothic look on the hearse, i dig it. I really enjoy all the Monster Fighter sets i built so far :) Can't wait to get Haunted House soon, that and the Ghost train will be the only ones remaining from that theme for me!

Your pictures are conststantly some of the best in the thread. Really well taken.

Oh shit, this is amazing. RE Mansion MOC https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUnLIn7KCoU

I really want to dig out my Gamecube now.

That is crazy good detail, I half expected him to include some zombies but it works better without any characters...those curved walls technique...I must steal it for my own now...making curved walls is tough and I always enjoy seeing other people do it so I can figure out my own ways of doing it!

Ironically, I just finished building this today. Unfortunately, my pictures are not anywhere near as good.

ghostmind

More from Nuremberg:

ah3DZSe.jpg

meh to these style of planes...

hZ4b2Xa.jpg

The CIty Starter set... so you can get the little ones primed for the crime-and-fire-ridden township that is LEGO City.

0lPqnlu.jpg

CyUa4Kv.jpg

I3QCRKh.jpg

88K7gEf.jpg

The new-style horse armour. Liking the neck-piece.

lLQf1F2.jpg

The dragon, while not a brick-build, looks pretty cool. I may not get most of the Castle sets, but I will probably get the one that this is in.

AEVkwBH.jpg

The Lion Temple is looking better every time I see it... its bigger than I thought and I love the flowing water effect they have here.

D8AGSA0.jpg

9EGrhZQ.jpg

The new eagle bike looks almost a little TRON-inspired.

dMuQElD.jpg

8lKfV1v.jpg

Still have not seen the rhino or the bear, though apparently they are still coming. Also, that fox is looking a lot like a certain Sonic character.

ruxtpin

Banned
What is up with all these planes being constructed out of one giant piece? I mean, they look nice and all, but I feel like it loses that Lego set 'feel' when you've got a massive piece that - in the past - had been made using a number of different pieces.

ghostmind

7yt2rZX.jpg

The award-winning Lion Temple.

9XtiObR.jpg

Five different models? Looking forward to seeing them all.

kCsO0Vp.jpg

Looks like the HS can be reconfigured a number of ways, using those technic pics.

RwgMv6z.jpg

The yacht is better furnished than some of the modulars... and two dolphins!

Jx07Wvz.jpg

This set would go so well with the CMF surfers!

Ghostmind said:

WANT. Man, I love the Friends stuff being shown off. But the yacht is still queen.

EDIT:
Ghostmind said:
Never mind. Interior is not as awesome as it could be.

However...
Ghostmind said:

DAT YACHT!

So I just started with the Fire Brigade. Opened up all the bags and put then in two of organisers.

I noticed that there are a couple of rather large pieces. Not sure how i feel about them.

http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/30613
http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/30134

BAH! Those stair case pieces are awesome. I want to get more of them.

ghostmind

WANT. Man, I love the Friends stuff being shown off. But the yacht is still queen.

EDIT:

Never mind. Interior is not as awesome as it could be.

However...

DAT YACHT!

BAH! Those stair case pieces are awesome. I want to get more of them.

I still think the high school is worth a buy (and what are the technic pins on the side for?), but you are right the yacht is king - who cares if its a Friends set.

I still think the high school is worth a buy (and what are the technic pins on the side for?), but you are right the yacht is king - who cares if its a Friends set.

I don't care. The Friends line has some really cool stuff going for it. More people on here need to give some of the sets a try just to see how fun they are.

We should have the next MOC contest be a thematic one instead of set based. Make a Friends style set, or Castle. Something not many people have dabbled in or that have very few sets out there.

ghostmind

I like what they are doing with these animal polybags as well:

grsxbBj.jpg

People have been asking for more dog breeds for a while now - well here's a Poodle.

yWMb2u7.jpg

And a LEGO deer!

K1jJ1h4.jpg

The Galactic Titan packs some serious firepower, even when separated.

ghostmind

Frankly, I've found the Friends sets more interesting than the City ones for the past 2 years. They are taking more chances with that line.

Frankly, I've found the Friends sets more interesting than the City ones for the past 2 years. They are taking more chances with that line.
Exactly. Although there is a lot of color clashing in the Friends line lately. But the sheer whimsical inventiveness of the Friends stuff is so great. Need to grab more of them.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
That Friends yacht is a must have. The School looks interesting at first glance, but does feature big wall pieces and lots of stickers.

Definitely want the race transport and Chima minifigs.

Don't care for Lion Temple, but those new trans blue pieces are awesome.

I couldn't help myself and I went and bought the A-Wing and Arctic Batman sets for Australian Lego prices. I feel dirty but the sets are soooo cool.

Norfair

Check out the new tools in the monster truck and racing sets...
Admittedly I'm just looking at it on my phone but other then what looks like a power drill it seems like the standard tool wheel.

I am liking the two trucks though. I'm a sucker for the town car models.

ghostmind

Admittedly I'm just looking at it on my phone but other then what looks like a power drill it seems like the standard tool wheel.

I am liking the two trucks though. I'm a sucker for the town car models.

I think all the tools are new... new screwdriver, new wrench, new drill, etc.

robjoh

You should live in Sweden, the hate from the political correct crowd over the friends line was insane. The fun part is that the Lego community seems to like them, which did not make the PC crowd happy :)

So I tried bricklink with no luck. Any idea where I can get one of these guitars guys?

It's 3rd party.

http://www.brickforge.com/store/home.php?cat=412

3rd party stuff is another slippery slope. Tread carefully.

BrickBlogger has some good articles on 3rd party stuff.
http://thebrickblogger.com/category/lego-compatible-brands/

Most of my kits are in the basement in their respective boxes. Now that I have my dedicated LEGO room, I am starting to build them up (some again, some for the first time), starting with the modular buildings.

In the interim, here is my son's Ninjago collection (minus some 2012 and 2013 sets which are being stored elsewhere):

quKuKKE.jpg

So jealous seeing all 4 dragons together. I have the fire and ice ones. I'm not fond of the 4 headed one, but did get the golden dragon.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I wouldn't have put that Titan set away from playing for a long time if I had that one as a kid. Looks like an amazing set to actually play with, hope the kids will appreciate it.

More from Nuremberg:

I3QCRKh.jpg

lLQf1F2.jpg

The dragon, while not a brick-build, looks pretty cool. I may not get most of the Castle sets, but I will probably get the one that this is in.

D8AGSA0.jpg

dMuQElD.jpg

8lKfV1v.jpg

Still have not seen the rhino or the bear, though apparently they are still coming. Also, that fox is looking a lot like a certain Sonic character.

Liking the high school. Looks like there's finally more than 1 male friend minidoll now.

Definitely getting the set with the dragon mainly for the dragon.

Liking the other Chima animals. I noticed the gorillas have giant metal gloves or something. Those will be useful.

RwgMv6z.jpg

The yacht is better furnished than some of the modulars... and two dolphins!

The dolphins have bows? Sadness. I will have to rig up something and replace them with lasers or some missiles.

Exactly. Although there is a lot of color clashing in the Friends line lately. But the sheer whimsical inventiveness of the Friends stuff is so great. Need to grab more of them.

I'm on board with you guys. It's only been just over 1 year from coming out of my dark ages, but I don't think I recall any yacht or type of school sets. There are many of the sub $20 Friends sets I find interesting that I don't think city ever covered.

Top Bottom