• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

wetwired

I had a nice haul waiting for me when I got home from work

febhaul.jpg

And a nice haul of stamps haha
stamps.jpg

Nice! Got an equally awesome shipment on the way, but it's stuck in customs so I don't know when I'll get it or how much it will ultimately cost...

Ironmask

I still think the high school is worth a buy (and what are the technic pins on the side for?), but you are right the yacht is king - who cares if its a Friends set.

next thread title will be: LEGO GAF |OT3|: Friends is magic

edit: technic pins are for moving the school rooms by side or one up the other

Good Lord Wetwired! What on earth are you doing with that many CMFs?

So those are the fabled "boxes" of 60 CMFs then ? I need to get me one (ONE) of those for series 10 :)))

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
The dolphins have bows? Sadness. I will have to rig up something and replace them with lasers or some missiles.

Bows are detachable. They leave a small hole you can pretend is a blowhole. You can probably attach a white plume in it as well.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
I had a nice haul waiting for me when I got home from work

febhaul.jpg

And a nice haul of stamps haha
stamps.jpg

Two questions.

Why do you need that many boxes of Minifigs?

Where can you buy a whole box of Minifigs?

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Check out the new tools in the monster truck and racing sets...

O wow.... I just noticed this. A tire Iron, New patterns on the screw driver and the wrench looks like an adjustable wrench now. That is pretty cool. I will be getting both of those trucks to add to my fleet.

wetwired

Two questions.

Why do you need that many boxes of Minifigs?

Where can you buy a whole box of Minifigs?

1) I makes complete sets of 16 and sell them on ebay, bricklink or my local lego group along with all the spares. It usually pays for a set for myself, 1 each of the spares for my daughter and some change, which (provided I sell all the sets) goes towards more lego!

2) www.bricklink.com in particular a seller called Magic Magnus

The minifigs and haunted house actually came from 2 different sellers, the box with all the stamps came from the haunted house seller.

Rootbeer

Banned
Jesus Christ LEGO... you just will not let up! I feel like we are constantly being assaulted with new sets and they almost always look fantastic :(

I really love that Dragon... and the dolphins... and the new Chima minis, heck even Friends is starting to look great with that school, yacht and (finally) some male minifigures (other than the dad from one prior set)

1) I makes complete sets of 16 and sell them on ebay, bricklink or my local lego group along with all the spares. It usually pays for a set for myself, 1 each of the spares for my daughter and some change, which (provided I sell all the sets) goes towards more lego!

2) www.bricklink.com in particular a seller called Magic Magnus

The minifigs and haunted house actually came from 2 different sellers, the box with all the stamps came from the haunted house seller.

Why hello there "Magic Magnus".... (Dude is in Germany which isn't so bad for my shipping needs too)

However, i can see his "super lots" only so far which are not those boxes you got there ? hmm

Wait a sec, why does it say "16" on Wetwired's boxes? I mean sure there are 16 in a series but that box is WAY too big for just 16, shouldn't it say 60? Or is that a whole other box alltogether then and there really is only 1 set in each of these boxes?

Marko723

Neo Member
Why hello there "Magic Magnus".... (Dude is in Germany which isn't so bad for my shipping needs too)

However, i can see his "super lots" only so far which are not those boxes you got there ? hmm

I was interested as well, until I found out there are only 2 complete sets to a case in series 9.

Marko723

Neo Member
Wait a sec, why does it say "16" on Wetwired's boxes? I mean sure there are 16 in a series but that box is WAY too big for just 16, shouldn't it say 60? Or is that a whole other box alltogether then and there really is only 1 set in each of these boxes?

16 different figs in the series

There are 60 mini figure packages to a case. 16 different characters to the series, and only 2 complete sets of 16 characters in each case.

Ok thanks! Now i only wish this guy's store or BrickLink for that matter would show me a way of searching for these "boxes" since they don't have an actual Lego Number! Whenever i look under minfigs it shows me the individual minifigs, or the lots, but for lots it says 16 figs, not the 60 fig boxsets! Maybe my BL search skills simply suck though...

Fantomex

so much Ninjago love here, especially the dragons wich are so well made
(robots, that's where LEGO always fail)

i use Firestar Toys, since it's in the UK and accept paypal (also team gb minifigs at good to honest prices)

It's 3rd party.

http://www.brickforge.com/store/home.php?cat=412

3rd party stuff is another slippery slope. Tread carefully.

BrickBlogger has some good articles on 3rd party stuff.
http://thebrickblogger.com/category/lego-compatible-brands/

So jealous seeing all 4 dragons together. I have the fire and ice ones. I'm not fond of the 4 headed one, but did get the golden dragon.

Thanks a ton for the links and info guys! I'll show you guys the end result this month I'm hoping.

I was thinking of making a Star Fox team (and maybe Arwings), but looking closer at the Chima heads they really don't look appropriate. Not a fan of the helmet look.

Ironmask

CHIMA = Furries' market share

Friends = Bronies' market share

Minecraft set = "well you already know who i'm referring to" market share

mind blown

I believe the word I was looking for was coincidentally not ironically. When does that BTTF Delorean come out so I can travel back in time and smack myself upside the head?

I believe the word I was looking for was coincidentally not ironically. When does that BTTF Delorean come out so I can travel back in time and smack myself upside the head?

Ironically, even when it DOES come out, you won't be able to fit in there unless you're minifig sized :pP

edit: i really shouldn't be getting fresh here, i am known to misuse or confuse a lot of words myself lol ;(

Marko723

Neo Member
Ok thanks! Now i only wish this guy's store or BrickLink for that matter would show me a way of searching for these "boxes" since they don't have an actual Lego Number! Whenever i look under minfigs it shows me the individual minifigs, or the lots, but for lots it says 16 figs, not the 60 fig boxsets! Maybe my BL search skills simply suck though...

If you follow the link that was provided in the previous message, on that page , top left (if memory serves me), click the series 9 mini figure link. The case of 60 is on page 2

If you follow the link that was provided in the previous message, on that page , top left (if memory serves me), click the series 9 mini figure link. The case of 60 is on page 2

Ahh there it is indeed!! Thanks a bunch, now i can patiently await Series 10 and purchase my box of 60 from this guy :)

secret rob

Neo Member
One of the parts on my a-wing came bent / melted so I was digging in my old bin of Lego to see if I had a replacement. I didn't find one, but I did find some old mini-figs.

minifigs.jpg

Hey everyone, I want some advice.

So with my tax return, I am planning on finally diving in and getting Lego stuff. And I want to go semi-big and get a handful of sets.

So my plan is to, eventually, create a type of superhero city with a bunch of Marvel, DC, and City sets all together into one fine collage of awesome. So, to start, I want to get Batman and Police stuff. My budget is $150. I would love to not go over $100, but $150 is something I can get up to if I really like it.

So I want to maximize what I can get for $125-150, and I am looking at all of these sets.

Tumbler + the Bat $40 - TDKR Bane + Batman, plus Gordon(which would be awesome for the police force I am going to assemble), almost looks like a guarantee. I am just not feeling that Bat design.

Arctic Batman $20 - All white Batman, what else can I say? Aquaman and Freeze are okay, but its mostly for Bats. Cheap, too. Right up there with the Tumbler set.

Batwing vs Joker copter $35 - Looks great, but not really digging the Joker helicopter. Need a Joker though and I am not a fan of the set that has Robin and Riddler and stuff. Batwing looks amazing though. Iffy on this one.

Wolverine helicopter $20 - I just want Deadpool. I don't really care for Magneto, Wolverine is okay, but maaaaan....Deadpool. Kind of meh on this set.

Police car + 2 criminals $10 - Very cheap, adds a few minifigures to the collection. Could be Bane underlings, Police adds to the Police force, almost a guarantee for me.

Batmobile 2Face chase $50 - high price almost makes me want to say no, but Two-face and Batmobile are so amazing. Henchmen and a cop, too. Just...the price...

Police Mobile Command Center $35 - Looks cool, good idea, adds more to the Police force. Kind of expensive, but otherwise...probably the least likely for the City stuff IMO.

Police Forest Station $65 - Expensive, but actually has some structure to it that I could actually position people on. 3 Cops, 2 henchmen, and a bunch of vehicles just adds to the fun.

Police Station $80 - Adds a bunch of police, a huge station, and adds structure. Interesting, but a lot more than I'd like. Plus it looks one-dimensional so I am not sure if I would be impressed in person.

Obviously I made my mind up on some, but on others I am still undecided on. Does anybody have any of these? Recommend some over others?

Thank you! Hopefully I will rejoin the Lego ranks soon!

Hey everyone, I want some advice.

So with my tax return, I am planning on finally diving in and getting Lego stuff. And I want to go semi-big and get a handful of sets.

So my plan is to, eventually, create a type of superhero city with a bunch of Marvel, DC, and City sets all together into one fine collage of awesome. So, to start, I want to get Batman and Police stuff. My budget is $150. I would love to not go over $100, but $150 is something I can get up to if I really like it.

So I want to maximize what I can get for $125-150, and I am looking at all of these sets.

Tumbler + the Bat $40 - TDKR Bane + Batman, plus Gordon(which would be awesome for the police force I am going to assemble), almost looks like a guarantee. I am just not feeling that Bat design.

Arctic Batman $20 - All white Batman, what else can I say? Aquaman and Freeze are okay, but its mostly for Bats. Cheap, too. Right up there with the Tumbler set.

Batwing vs Joker copter $35 - Looks great, but not really digging the Joker helicopter. Need a Joker though and I am not a fan of the set that has Robin and Riddler and stuff. Batwing looks amazing though. Iffy on this one.

Wolverine helicopter $20 - I just want Deadpool. I don't really care for Magneto, Wolverine is okay, but maaaaan....Deadpool. Kind of meh on this set.

Police car + 2 criminals $10 - Very cheap, adds a few minifigures to the collection. Could be Bane underlings, Police adds to the Police force, almost a guarantee for me.

Batmobile 2Face chase $50 - high price almost makes me want to say no, but Two-face and Batmobile are so amazing. Henchmen and a cop, too. Just...the price...

Police Mobile Command Center $35 - Looks cool, good idea, adds more to the Police force. Kind of expensive, but otherwise...probably the least likely for the City stuff IMO.

Police Forest Station $65 - Expensive, but actually has some structure to it that I could actually position people on. 3 Cops, 2 henchmen, and a bunch of vehicles just adds to the fun.

Police Station $80 - Adds a bunch of police, a huge station, and adds structure. Interesting, but a lot more than I'd like. Plus it looks one-dimensional so I am not sure if I would be impressed in person.

Obviously I made my mind up on some, but on others I am still undecided on. Does anybody have any of these? Recommend some over others?

Thank you! Hopefully I will rejoin the Lego ranks soon!

You could get Quinjet, Tumbler, and Wolverine Chopper for $130. That gives you lots of great super hero figures, and some really awesome sets to build as well.

Yes, I am pimping the Quinjet. Ignore the fact that it is a great build (after all, Ghostmind and I picked it as one of our top 5 of last year), but it comes with lots of great figures and many are exclusive to that set.

Tumbler gets you Batman and other great DC figures. Wolverine set gets you Deadpool. The other figures in that set are just gravy.

Oh, and as far as the Batman vs. Joker Battle Over Gotham set, the Joker helicopter is the best part of that set outside of the figs. It is all about the ladder. So simple and so cool.

One of the parts on my a-wing came bent / melted so I was digging in my old bin of Lego to see if I had a replacement. I didn't find one, but I did find some old mini-figs.

That damn A-Wing set!!! Some users on here including myself have reported similar troubles with their set, i also had a differently coloured and slightly bent piece (grey) as well in that one, i swear their QC division was sleeping on the job for that set or something!

wetwired

I started the haunted house, I skipped the furniture for now so my daughter (3 years old) can build then and put them in the house afterwards.

I only did the first floor though, decided to pace myself and savour it.

Calm Killer

Just made my last purchases for my Cafe Corner build. 1 from Lego directly and 4 from individual Bricklink shops. My hope is next week at this time I can start building. I thought I could start last night and just wait on pieces to come in but the parts I ordered from LEGO are the ground floor wall pieces so I must wait. I am so excited for them to come in. I have been piecing it together for 6 months now, mostly without my wife knowing....muhahaha.

Just made my last purchases for my Cafe Corner build. 1 from Lego directly and 4 from individual Bricklink shops. My hope is next week at this time I can start building. I thought I could start last night and just wait on pieces to come in but the parts I ordered from LEGO are the ground floor wall pieces so I must wait. I am so excited for them to come in. I have been piecing it together for 6 months now, mostly without my wife knowing....muhahaha.

How much did it end up costing you and did you have to make any substitutions?

Top Bottom