• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

Naka

My VIP key chain finally showed up today
aa876ece766811e2bf8b22000a1fb004_7.jpg

Also managed to get the Winter Village Cottage in the LEGO store today for 30% off. If you are interested in this set and have a LEGO store near by, I'd give them a call as they won't last long!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
While it isn't good form to be bitter they must have realised this would cause a rift, especially as no one knows what the criteria for selection was. Better off waiting until they had enough to give out or at least offer it for sale as a VIP exclusive item.

it doesn't make sense to be based on activity. They must also know that most of these will go to AFOLs, and they will get pissy if they don't understand the logic behind sending these out.

My online VIP info only goes back a little way, I can't remember when I spunked £800 in the westfield lego store, but I'd like to think that is worth more to lego than going in 10 times and buying a single minifig..
edit: About £600 since May 2012

Also managed to get the Winter Village Cottage in the LEGO store today for 30% off. If you are interested in this set and have a LEGO store near by, I'd give them a call as they won't last long!

One I went to last month had nothing that was marked down. I guess they got cleaned out something fierce. I plan on driving back either tomorrow or Monday for Palace Cinema. Maybe there will be some good deals this time.

Mr Mike

1 million Canadian dollars
No early buyers of the Palace Cinema yet? Lego GAF slacking. (or smartly waiting for double VIP points)

Placed my order first thing as not going to have a chance to visit a store any time soon. Hopefully will be here Tues or Weds.

One I went to last month had nothing that was marked down. I guess they got cleaned out something fierce. I plan on driving back either tomorrow or Monday for Palace Cinema. Maybe there will be some good deals this time.

They sold out at the LEGO stored by me also before end of the year. These were just shipped in from the warehouse. Saw a thread on ToysNBricks that it's being reported at various LEGO stores (Illinois and California off top of my head).

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
I was going to buy the Palace Cinema online this morning, but I am trying to talk my wife into going to Tyson's corner this weekend for Valentines Day. She doesn't want to go out tonight, so I figured I could take her to the Cheesecake Factory there and then make a stop at the LEGO store and pick up Palace Cinema and attack the Pick a Brick wall. We did our taxes last night and we got a lot more than I expected so I have some extra funds to spend. Also I have $70 in LEGO Gift cards and $65 in VIP points so I should be able to get Cinema for $15!

hmmblah

I was finally able to find Jabba's Palace at a decent price; $89 with 50% off of a second set. Grabbed two for ~$70 each, other is for a friend. Now to find the Rancor pit....

Jy3BNBo.jpg

Edit: Found this at a Shopko if anyone is interested.

So I got my order of lego stuff yesterday. I got:

Bane Tumbler/the Bat set - Pretty cool. I had a ton of fun building the Tumbler. It was smaller than I thought it would be, but the way they built the tires and missile launcher in the back was cool. My gf built the Bat and Gordon and stuff so I can't really comment on that, but it looks coolish. I just get the feeling looking at the Bat that they could have done better, and right now it looks like the upper half of a large mech of some kind. Cockpit, torso, and arms. Oh well. Cool set
KuGsj.gif

Arctic Batman set - I built all of this one. The batman ski-boat was cool to build and had some nice little features. Mr. Freeze looks awesome. Aquaman is pretty meh, but hey, its Aquaman so its not like I can expect much more.

S9 Minifigures - I got the Police Officer, the Mermaid, the Archer lady, the Robot space invader type dude, and two Chicken guys. They all looked great, but I am sorry to the collectors out there when I say that I can't just display them. They'll be integrated into the play experience. I already switched out Commissioner Gordon(Bane set) with the S9 Cop, so Gordon is wearing the S9 Cop's suit and hat, while the S9 Cop hands and head went on Gordon's SWAT police body. Looks great so far and really gives Gordon the look of an actual commissioner.

Police helicopter bag set(x2) - I ordered the above in two separate orders, and as a result I got the free police helicopter set with both. The helicopter is not all that great or sturdy, but I decided to combine my two into a larger, cooler helicopter and I think I pulled it off. I ordered the Forest Police HQ and that comes with a helicopter as well, so I think I will combine that with the one I currently have hobbled together into an even better one. My gf and I might get Arkham Asylum Breakout as well, which would come with yet another free helicopter, so I might be able to make a sort-of super-copter if all things go well
KuGsj.gif

Overall, I've had a bunch of fun so far. Once I get the Police HQ, I'll have something to put all the figures and vehicles on and I should be able to have quite a bit of fun with it. Good stuff.

Congrats on the keychain.

I have a second LEGO store about 30 minutes away from me and they've got a Winter Village Cottage on hold for me. $90 down from $130 is a terrific deal.

I hope my LEGO store still has Palace Cinema later tonight. I've never done one of these early releases. Generally, is the demand really high?

Both my local shop and this one said that they have a ton of Palace Cinemas today, so you should be able to walk in and get one.

Amazon had Weathertop on warehouse deals. Two copies for 42 dollars and one for 40 dollars. I grabbed the 40 dollar one because I've wanted this set very badly but always thought 60 seemed like a bit of a rip-off.

Amazon had Weathertop on warehouse deals. Two copies for 42 dollars and one for 40 dollars. I grabbed the 40 dollar one because I've wanted this set very badly but always thought 60 seemed like a bit of a rip-off.

Grats! I finally built my Weathertop last night. Surprisingly interesting build and those Ringwraith figs are awesome.

My VIP key chain finally showed up today
aa876ece766811e2bf8b22000a1fb004_7.jpg

I just checked with customer support because I didn't get one, and they told me
they only had a limited number and they where partly just raffled off, so not everyone over x-amount spent will have gotten one :(

ghostmind

Sometime today a new exclusive is rumored to be revealed at LEGO World Copenhagen. Popular opinion is that it will be the Tower of Orthanc.

Damnit the new modular is tempting me. I have had my finger over the order button of and on for 30 minutes now. One thing holding me back is I only have the Grand Emporium right now, and it would look kinda meh connected to it.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Finally decided to pick up some of the newest minifig. Thought I'd go for five so I found the Chicken man and three safe options and wanted the judge as the fifth. Another customer who was looking for some found the judge for me so I was happy. Then the lady as the till told me that a lot of these figures and other collectables are bought by adults. Seems there are a few AFOL in my local vicinity.

secret rob

Neo Member
Just got back from getting the Palace Cinema. The Lego store here had 3-4 on the shelf with a VIP label next to it. He also mentioned that at the pace they were selling already today, he wouldn't be surprised if they ran out.

Police helicopter bag set(x2) - I ordered the above in two separate orders, and as a result I got the free police helicopter set with both. The helicopter is not all that great or sturdy, but I decided to combine my two into a larger, cooler helicopter and I think I pulled it off. I ordered the Forest Police HQ and that comes with a helicopter as well, so I think I will combine that with the one I currently have hobbled together into an even better one.

Overall, I've had a bunch of fun so far. Once I get the Police HQ, I'll have something to put all the figures and vehicles on and I should be able to have quite a bit of fun with it. Good stuff.

Photos of said fused copter please. The HQ with the bear? Dat bear!

Sometime today a new exclusive is rumored to be revealed at LEGO World Copenhagen. Popular opinion is that it will be the Tower of Orthanc.

Thanks for the heads up! Mercy LEGO! I'm an addict to your ABS plastic, but I can't keep up with your drug shipments.

60026 Town Square has been discovered at Copenhagen:

Is that the news? It's mixed with the surrounding city. Looks good. Maybe can expand Iron Man's Malibu mansion with those parts.

Top Bottom