• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

TripOpt55

Along with my old Robin Hood minifigures, I have also found all my old wizard figures. I think I will try and make a MOC of a Wizard's tower or something. I have a Castle started, but may tear it down since I have a Castle built (Castle of Morcia). My current Kingdom includes:

Castle of Morcia
Vladek's Dark Fortress
Medieval Market Village
Mill Village Raid
My Robin Hood MOC

I got a bunch of minifigures, weapons, horses and dragons too that I may make a battle scene out of.

I have heard that UK's The Sun newspaper will give promotional Lego next week. I hope it is true as it is said to contain minifigs from Iron Man and Lone Ranger

ghostmind

Well now, that is different.

lQNyTOR.jpg

Interesting... strange though as you STILL cannot properly access the top floor to the right after opening it up hmm...

Still, nice effect for a Creator house (or did another one have this before?)

Interesting... strange though as you STILL cannot properly access the top floor to the right after opening it up hmm...

Looks like it will be hinged and removable floors. Unless there are hinges on the backside to swing the wall out like Small Cottage does.

It looks like a vaulted ceiling so there isn't a top floor on the right side. You probably remove the top right half. The grey line might be where it separates. Probably is a set of stairs right at the doorway.

Huh. What's the price point?

$69.99 SRP is what I make out looking at the card to the right of the house. A bit fuzzy, could be $59.99.

Will try to get the city advent for 50% off. Might bite at 30% off though. I like the new masked burglar and dalmatian.

I only have interest in the mini-dolls from the Friends advent calendar. Hopefully they'll have decent supply this year and will get discounted heavily. Was a shortage in US market due to production issues or something.

Yeah the wheels are tough. If anyone has any suggestions for better ones please let me know. That's the best I had in my collection. I ordered some others but the were even smaller. It hard to tell the size of the wheels on bricklink.

Do you think you could get away with a larger wheel like this one?

The downside is you'd need to remove a wheel from each side, but your build is about 8 studs wide so it could work.

4180c02.jpg

mrkgoo

Getting back into lego (if one can ever get out).

Buying some if my favourite mini figs. A shop here actually stocks them all pre-felt, and identified.

That said i typically feel my own.

There's a bunch of lego sets I want, mostly in the creator range, but they don't come out here. The eagle and power mech being among them. Oh well.

Do you think you could get away with a larger wheel like this one?

The downside is you'd need to remove a wheel from each side, but your build is about 8 studs wide so it could work.

4180c02.jpg

Wheels that are similar sized and slightly smaller are easily found in Creator sets right now. And are single wheels so you can easily attach them anywhere.

Wheels that are similar sized and slightly smaller are easily found in Creator sets right now. And are single wheels so you can easily attach them anywhere.

I didn't even think of that. You're talking about the ones in the Blue Roadster right? I still have the ones above from sets when I was a kid.

You have Pet Shop I think. Do the buildings separate? My shelf lacks the space for both buildings but I was hoping to wedge in one of them between Fire Brigade and the Town Hall.

Getting back into lego (if one can ever get out).

Buying some if my favourite mini figs. A shop here actually stocks them all pre-felt, and identified.

That said i typically feel my own.

There's a bunch of lego sets I want, mostly in the creator range, but they don't come out here. The eagle and power mech being among them. Oh well.

I want a different eagle :)

79007-1.jpg

I didn't even think of that. You're talking about the ones in the Blue Roadster right? I still have the ones above from sets when I was a kid.

You have Pet Shop I think. Do the buildings separate? My shelf lacks the space for both buildings but I was hoping to wedge in one of them between Fire Brigade and the Town Hall.

The buildings so separate. I usually have mine flanking other buildings instead of being together.

I want a different eagle :)

79007-1.jpg

As others here have thought, this makes a nice brick built one.

I thought it would happen but nice to see the S8 Santa has become the new standard. Good bye Pirate Claus.

I suppose if I haven't got the VIP keyring by now there's no hope for me. ;__;

I'm hopefully waiting too. I have over $100 in VIP credit from last year. If it's based on amount spent or quantity of items, I have to get one. I am in California, USA and my friend also didn't get one yet either. Anyone in California get one? Don't disappoint me LEGO!

Hey there LegoGAF, haven't been here in a while, was a lot of pages to read up on! I love that airship MOC, especially the rotating propellers, but my inner nerd has to wonder what would lift the front of the ship up haha. Steampunk magic!

I had been planning on buying Grand Emporium this month but ended up deciding that getting it so soon to my previous modular (Fire Brigade) wouldn't be any fun. After seeing just how surprisingly big the Quinjet is from that picture in here, I went and ordered that and now ordered the VW Camper too. This weekend looks to be a Lego weekend!

From FBTB:

"I have it on good authority that the one of the main criteria in selecting who received the gift was based on the frequency of VIP account activity, and not necessarily on dollar amount spent, during the year 2012."

http://www.fbtb.net/2013/02/13/valentines-gift-mini-republic-frigate-availability/

They also make a good point not to complain to LEGO or pester them if you did not receive one. Complaints only cause LEGO to stop generous and nice programs like this.

Just like those posting UCS Millenium Falcon to taunt those of us that don't have it. Another taunt of the Valentine minifig.

8471498072_292823fdec.jpg

MOC time! Made some additions to my purchases:

L6y0osC.jpg

Replaced the US flag of the Fire Brigade because it just looks silly to me. Then again, the design of the place is rather distinctly American.

YQpaihO.jpg

Replaced all the blue bricks in the Medieval Market Village inn with tan ones, to create a more consistent building. It's supposed to be one building in my design, so the upper floors would have rooms. I ordered from this Bricklink store and had everything less than a week later which was quite impressive.

6rYK1e2.jpg

Finally I made a much more interesting tree for Bag End. I did this by using the MMV tree and the bench (I made a new, simpler one from the spare parts) to make the tree look much more like the one in the movie. The only additional part is a longer rod at the top, but the original one could work.

L6y0osC.jpg

Replaced the US flag of the Fire Brigade because it just looks silly to me. Then again, the design of the place is rather distinctly American.

Nice work! I tried to do something similar for the Canadian flag but couldn't figure it out (the red bars on either side kind of kill any connectivity options).....actually now that I think about it I could build it from a different orientation and attach it that way.

I have a new mission tonight. Yours looks great.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
From FBTB:

"I have it on good authority that the one of the main criteria in selecting who received the gift was based on the frequency of VIP account activity, and not necessarily on dollar amount spent, during the year 2012."

http://www.fbtb.net/2013/02/13/valen...-availability/

They also make a good point not to complain to LEGO or pester them if you did not receive one. Complaints only cause LEGO to stop generous and nice programs like this.
While it isn't good form to be bitter they must have realised this would cause a rift, especially as no one knows what the criteria for selection was. Better off waiting until they had enough to give out or at least offer it for sale as a VIP exclusive item.

Not sure if serious, but either way... heck no.

Then again I'm not an OCD collector, but I'd say 15000 can get you can metric ton (literally) of other cool Lego stuff that's not the Falcon.

While it isn't good form to be bitter they must have realised this would cause a rift, especially as no one knows what the criteria for selection was. Better off waiting until they had enough to give out or at least offer it for sale as a VIP exclusive item.

I'm still hoping I'll get one. My catalog usually arrives several months late so perhaps the fig will to.

.....right?

leng jai

Just realised the modular Palace only has a price of $200 on the AU store. I wonder how long it will take for Lego to seem it too "cheap" and give it a $50 bump like they did with the Town Hall.

Just realised the modular Palace only has a price of $200 on the AU store. I wonder how long it will take for Lego to seem it too "cheap" and give it a $50 bump like they did with the Town Hall.

I remember someone else here mentioning the atrocious markups you guys have to deal with. The AU government should have included TLG in the notice they sent out to Microsoft, Adobe and Apple.

ghostmind

I wouldn't bother - Star Wars minifigs are always being refreshed each year with newer, and usually better versions. Eventually, by picking up new sets, you can build a pretty impressive collection. I'm up to about 300 at the moment.

YQpaihO.jpg

Replaced all the blue bricks in the Medieval Market Village inn with tan ones, to create a more consistent building. It's supposed to be one building in my design, so the upper floors would have rooms. I ordered from this Bricklink store and had everything less than a week later which was quite impressive.

Nice. I feel this will be one of those sets I regret not getting. Slow down LEGO and I'll buy more of what you already have out!

LEGOGAF I need your help, should i pay 15.000€ for the whole star wars minifigs collection? :)

$T2eC16RHJGwE9n)yTTvJBQhYLIdYHQ~~60_12.JPG

You're asking a thread full of heavy spenders for advice on buying stuff? ;)
If you spend that type of cash for that collection, that better be throwaway money and you should have a feeling of ecstasy for years. Just don't buy on impulse with that much money at stake. Good luck. If you do buy it (I'm not recommended you do), post some pictures.

P.S. You may want to price it out (via bricklink) as there are some older figs that you may not want. Some of the newer versions are vastly improved such as Jabba, Gamorrean guard, etc that you can buy at retail price or less.

wetwired

have you got any of those yourself that you can take a photo of next to a 1x1 brick so I can compare? wheels are really hard to judge the size of on bricklink.

Top Bottom