• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Well... this happened.

kDYbhTy.jpg

DTApFCv.jpg

DIAF!

I mean that in the kindest way....

R-User!

Happy 10,000 posts LEGO-GAF!

Here, have some cake.

cfa4WTG.jpg

Thanks, once again, to all the regulars, past and present, for keeping this thread lively and interesting. Thanks also to our newer members and lurkers for joining us.

LEGO-GAF is truly the best-GAF!

Yay! Ten Thousand Posts!

*takes piece of "cake"

*takes bite

*through a forced smile:
"This is... ...Good!"

*crunch crunch crunch*
"OWWWW, what's in this, Lego pieces?!"

*spits out "cake" wildly!*

Man dat Falcon...

Honestly if i'd ever get that set i'd be soooooo tempted to buy 2, one to build and one to keep just for the hell of it to see how prices would evolve over the next 10 years or whatever or simply to keep as a collector's item.

Then again, i can't even afford ONE of those so screw it ;P

R-User!

That's a great price you got that for! Could never bring myself to spend that much on lego.... but then again I'm in the 501st and have spent fortune on costume pieces....

So there is a Clone Trooper in the new $20 Lego set that has Yoda, a Commander Droid, and a 501st Legion Trooper....

We're those troopers in the Clone Wars show named as an homage to the Real 501st fans that dress up like Storm and Clone Troopers?

So there is a Clone Trooper in the new $20 Lego set that has Yoda, a Commander Droid, and a 501st Legion Trooper....

We're those troopers in the Clone Wars show named as an homage to the Real 501st fans that dress up like Storm and Clone Troopers?

501st was first and then put into the universe by Timothy Zahn who wrote them into his books as a homage to the fan group. As the legion grew and it's friendly terms with LFL, they even made it into Episode 3 as well as the Clone Wars series.

Oh wow - look at the brickwork on that thing.

I see zero studs. Except for the dude that made it :p

Always nice to see my articles at Fanboy being shared. :) I try to post about awesome LEGO MOCs whenever I can.

Speaking of, I'm going to the King of Prussia LEGO Store tomorrow and am prepared to spend some money, so now I need to decide what I'm going to get...

I found it from a FB post by Nerdbastards FYI

Roody

Neo Member
Always nice to see my stuff at Fanboy being shared. :) I try to post about awesome LEGO MOCs whenever I can.

Speaking of, I'm going to the King of Prussia LEGO Store tomorrow and am prepared to spend some money, so now I need to decide what I'm going to get...

I want one, used to play Old Republic and that was my ship. I just keep missing the good deals...bah

The best about the Interceptor is that it comes with great minifigs (although try bricklinking for the trooper legs from the army builder set) and it looks like it fits in the OT (no offense to Prequel Trilogy fans).

Having gotten the Sith Fury recently, I will back this up. Dem wings!
I think Wal Mart still has it marked down to $72 or so. Fair price for the set finally.

Agreed as well. It's such a good set all around. Easily one of my favorite builds. I found it cheap too on sale awhile back for $50. I had a gift card too, so brought the cost down to $40. Having built it though, it's easily worth full price.

Picked up mine for $73 on Amazon last fall. $90 is pretty steep for the set. But in hind sight, it's almost worth it. DAT Darth Malgus minifig...

I really hope the rumors are true about another TOR set based in the Jedi Defender. I'd love to see LEGO continue to develop sets from TOR. Specifically the XS Freighter and D5-Mantis.

But it always seems like the EU sets (CW is too popular to be considered EU) don't sell well and are discontinued swiftly. I still regret not picking up the Rogue Shadow, #7672.

Draxal

Picked up mine for $73 on Amazon last fall. $90 is pretty steep for the set. But in hind sight, it's almost worth it. DAT Darth Malgus minifig...

I really hope the rumors are true about another TOR set based in the Jedi Defender. I'd love to see LEGO continue to develop sets from TOR. But it always seems like the EU sets (CW is too popular to be considered EU) don't sell well and are discontinued swiftly. I still regret not picking up the Rogue Shadow, #7672.

Only other one I really want besides the Defender, is the Mark 5/6, the Imperial Fighter. The other ships, have problems for me (The Smuggler ship is the falcon, the Trooper ship is too big, Phantom's a maybe ...I love the ship but it doesn't seem very star warsy, I don't like the BH ship).

I would like the Sith Frigate/Capital Ship model, but that would be a SSD type thing. I would love seem some guys to moc it.

lingiii

Banned
Only other one I really want besides the Defender, is the Mark 5/6, the Imperial Fighter. The other ships, have problems for me (The Smuggler ship is the falcon, the Trooper ship is too big, Phantom's a maybe ...I love the ship but it doesn't seem very star warsy, I don't like the BH ship).

I would like the Sith Frigate/Capital Ship model, but that would be a SSD type thing. I would love seem some guys to moc it.

yeah problem with the phantom is it's shiny, smooth, thin, and symmetrical. just not very sexy for a LEGO build. at least the mantis and thunderclap have moving parts, and look like proto-Slave 1 and Bwing respectively.

I really hope the rumors are true about another TOR set based in the Jedi Defender. I'd love to see LEGO continue to develop sets from TOR. Specifically the XS Freighter and D5-Mantis.

But it always seems like the EU sets (CW is too popular to be considered EU) don't sell well and are discontinued swiftly. I still regret not picking up the Rogue Shadow, #7672.

Well it appears that CW is no longer being supported by Lego since the show is gone so it's going to be simply movie related sets from now on outside of the few EU sets. All the Clone Wars set sets coming out are based on the movie stuff of that era now. If the Defender comes out, I wouldn't expect much more support for TOR beyond that.

not sold on that Corsair ship yet... too much fluff around and on the sides for my tastes, i suppose i prefer something like the Black Pearl, simple yet elegant...

Ironmask

Everyone needs to buy the Sith Interceptor. Seriously, it may be the best minifig scale ship outside of the original trilogy models. I love the Interceptor like PhonBone loves the Quinjet.

noted down, i'll try to hunt one for cheap on the next amazon shopping spree.

Great work on the Mouth of Sauron minifig and also Gandalf is... shiny white in a good way (being a spirit and such),but i'm disappointed on the lacking of a good replica of the Andúril for Aragorn :'(

HAPPY 10000th post LEGO-GAFFERS!!!!!!!

Hmmm. I want that eagle, but don't care for Mouth and Gandalf could be pretty well faked by buying an extra Saruman and headswapping (although this Gandalf does have a unique face compared to the Grey).

Since I have the fellowship and don't care for ghosts, ship or even Lego Peter, the ship is a pass too.

Getting the cheaper ones though, for Saruman, Elrond and Arwen, not to mention most likely any new Hobbit sets with new characters.

Katoki

Whoooo! Sith Fury Interceptor shipped so I managed to get it at $57.

I definitely want the Black Gate set just to have a black gate... and a Mouth of Sauron. Gandalf the White will be nice too.

Top Bottom