• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Is Tokyo sky tree deluxe the huge one? I have one sky tree which is maybe 30cm tall, but that is already really flimsy - tiny blocks trying to morph a triangle structure into a tube is a recipe for disaster. Not sure if the bigger one would be more stable

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Is Tokyo sky tree deluxe the huge one? I have one sky tree which is maybe 30cm tall, but that is already really flimsy - tiny blocks trying to morph a triangle structure into a tube is a recipe for disaster. Not sure if the bigger one would be more stable

Yeah, it's the huge one. From the pictures I've seen, the tower has a pretty decent microstructure. It will take a while to arrive from Japan though, so I can't comment until then. I'm rebuilding the Neuschwanstein Castle Deluxe right now, and that's a pleasure.

Ironmask

I never even get the option of free shipping at amazon.it, amazon.fr and amazon.es. You guys are lucky. It's either €6-7 on it/fr or €10 on es (2-3 day shipping though) or paying a lot more for 1 day delivery.

These are usually my options at it/fr/es:

3d5q3NQ.png

you have to purchase the Amazon Prime deal, it's 9,99€ each year for infinite 2-3 day shipping. if you need help, just tell me

Okay, I am back from vacation and off for two more days. I will disassemble something tonight and do a time lapse this weekend. I leave it up to you all:

Sith Fury or Horizon Express?

iuuk

you have to purchase the Amazon Prime deal, it's 9,99€ each year for infinite 2-3 day shipping. if you need help, just tell me
I've heard of Amazon prime, but thought some people had free shipping regardless (as I have at amazon.de and amazon.co.uk).

But, I did not know that it was only €9,99. Is this deal open to Dutchies and do you need to purchase a seperate prime subscription for every Amazon, or is it one prime covers all?

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I've heard of Amazon prime, but thought some people had free shipping regardless (as I have at amazon.de and amazon.co.uk).

But, I did not know that it was only €9,99. Is this deal open to Dutchies and do you need to purchase a seperate prime subscription for every Amazon, or is it one prime covers all?

You get free shipping from amazons from neighboring countries. So Netherlands gets free shipping from amazon.co.uk and amazon.de, but not from the others. Belgians get free shipping from .uk, .de and .fr for example.

There are still some great deals from .it and .es though which are worth it even with the shipping.

http://www.brickset.com/buy/amazon/

iuuk

You get free shipping from amazons from neighboring countries. So Netherlands gets free shipping from amazon.co.uk and amazon.de, but not from the others. Belgians get free shipping from uk, de and fr for example.

There are still some great deals from it and es though which are worth it even with the shipping.

http://www.brickset.com/buy/amazon/
Ah, so that's how it works. I always wondered why many people were getting better deals than I did. If only I were born Belgian.

I recently bought Tower Bridge on Italy for 175 inc., so I know about their deals, just not their policies. The architecture series are decently priced as well, much better than LEGO's prices.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
New review period is in June. The mini shops just passed 10k.

Mini shops is an awesome idea, although I think it has a way better chance to pass if the creator didn't insist on real-world brands. As it is, I doubt anything but the LEGO store could be made. I'd be plenty fine with made-up brands for a modular mini-mall.

neonglow

A recent bonus means I'll have no problems purchasing this when it comes out:

d3s8202-1357627639.jpg

I'll get that one eventually too. I was waiting awhile for the second edition to go on sale, but couldn't find a good price for it. It is quite hard to find a sale on Mindstorms in general since so few places carry it.

ghostmind

He's supposed to really fly out of there but yeah I just put him there.

The glow pieces of Monster Fighters works very well I've noticed.

Yeah, the gitd elements are fine, it's the stickers and the printing on the mummy that are an issue. LEGO is shipping me a new set of stickers for the Vampyre Castle and Hearse from Denmark.

I still need to build the Malevolence... it's in my backlog.

R-User!

I am a ghost in the machine...

So all kidding aside, is there a real reason that you don't show up in the Top Posters section of this thread? It's really kind of perplexing me as to why you wouldn't show up when everyone else does.... Is it just a settings issue or did you ask the mods not to be tracked or something odd like that? :/

Quite a few actors that have multiple Lego figures now. Gandalf + Magneto and Indiana + Solo come to mind. Oh, and Saruman + Dooku.

Saw this and it made me think of your post from a few pages back:

3T8sPBH.jpg

Looks like they're just missing Johnny Depp and Christopher Lee.

EDIT: How could I forget Gary Oldman as Sirius/Gordon.

That's the one I'm eying. Have you seen it cheaper than $190?
Look it up on BN.com. Click "pick up in store" and keep checking zip codes in your area. I finally found a store with it and am going to have them hold it.
Website lists it as out of stock and selling for $200. But if you find a store with it it is $100.

Just keep changing zip codes. Or if you go in the store they can search stores in a few states and have them send it to your store. That is how I snagged Queen Anne last year. Had them get it sent from a store in New York.

Oh ya? I'll hit up a B&N this weekend and have them do that. Good lookin' out!

Oh ya? I'll hit up a B&N this weekend and have them do that. Good lookin' out!
Think it only searches a state or two over at most. I know my local one found a store in NY that had Jabba's Palace, but decided not to have them order it in.

But Tigerkiddo got one of my coupons. I am using the other to get Vampyre Castle tomorrow, and then use my wife's coupon to snag Dino Defense from another store if they still have it in stock.

I really should not buy these two since I spent almost ALL my money in NOLA this past week and want to do the double UCS buy on May 4th. But 20% off coupons for these sets are too good a deal before they disappear forever.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I think Warwick Davis is the only one (I don't count Sir Ian McKellen).

That's right, he has Griphook from one of the LEGO sets. But does that really count since the only griphook minifig was from a set for the first movie, and Davis didn't play him in that film, only the last two...

That's right, he has Griphook from one of the LEGO sets. But does that really count since the only griphook minifig was from a set for the first movie, and Davis didn't play him in that film, only the last two...

Hmm, ya you're right. That would have been Verne Troyer. Drop Warwick down to two minis.

EDIT: Wait, bump Warwick back up to 3. He was Wald in TPM.

ghostmind

So all kidding aside, is there a real reason that you don't show up in the Top Posters section of this thread? It's really kind of perplexing me as to why you wouldn't show up when everyone else does.... Is it just a settings issue or did you ask the mods not to be tracked or something odd like that? :/

FarnCOO.jpg

Seriously though, I have no idea...

Top Bottom