• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

ghostmind

I paid 2K - it's new, still in its original LEGO shipping box.

It's the crown jewel of my collection, and I am never doing that again.

:)

ghostmind

I will be building it, as that is why I bought it.. First I need to find a way to display all my UCS sets - I' m not sure if my LEGO room has enough space for them all.

When I do start it, I am going to savor it though - not going to rush this one.

hmmblah

Well... this happened.

kDYbhTy.jpg

DTApFCv.jpg

Like everyone else here....I'm sooo jealous. Congrats! I would love to smell your fingers when you are finished. /inhales deeply with eyes closed

Vampyre Hearse was a fun build, and Gandalf Arrives is one of the better LotR sets.

Word is that Lone Ranger sets will be in LEGO stores within the next 2 weeks. The stagecoach is pretty sweet.

I am in NJ/PHI this week and a local TRU has a bunch of LEGO signage up indicting that Lone Ranger sets are excluded from various promotions. I guess that's a good indication we'll be seeing them soon.

Knowing MSRP is very important. I would install one of the following apps:

http://brickset.com/miscellaneous/mobileApps/

They all take data from Brickset's database.

I hadn't seen some of these-thanks!

I will be building it, as that is why I bought it.. First I need to find a way to display all my UCS sets - I' m not sure if my LEGO room has enough space for them all.

Congrats Ghostmind! I would be immediately served with a separation agreement if I dropped half that on a set, so I am pleased to live vicariously through you. VERY happy to hear that you will be building it too.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

Original shipping box, but out of curiosity is the set sealed? Or used?

Actually been considering selling mine.

There is no way to properly display it. It's just too big.

Heck of a fun build though

Oh cool, never noticed this thread but glad I found it. I recently started collecting the Dino sets. I have 3 of them on the way from Amazon in a couple days, leaving me with only the biggest (and most expensive) set left to buy.

It's funny, I liked Legos as a kid, but never bought any after childhood. However once I started buying the Dino sets I now have this urge to buy more sets whenever I see them. Pretty dangerous for my wallet, but fortunately I don't like a lot of the sets I've seen lately.

With that said, here's a little pic I took the other day while putting together the last Dino set I got while simultaneously getting excited to see Jurassic Park 3D.

1cad7ea29ef111e29d7122000a1f97c6_7.jpg

"Clever girl."

Welcome to LEGO GAF, aka Best GAF.

R-User!

I forgot to mention Congratulations!!!

That was a GREAT price!!

Only a 400% markup, lol...

But seriously, that is a 40% savings based on the lowest price I saw in Amazon: $3,298+30shipping = $3,330

I hope you have the free time to do it in one day, but if not, that's good in its own way; you get to build it out over a longer period!!! :)

Also, we're you looking for the UCSMF for a while at that price? And if I may ask, did good fortune randomly find you or did you have a "resource"? :)

R-User!

Of course Ghostmind's gonna build it. That is why you buy sets. Not to resell them, but to build them!

Yeah, but the way he made t sound because it's so pristine, the thought occurred to me that MAYBE, he would sit on it for a while and soak in the thought of what it would be like to never open that ONE set for like 10 years or something! :)

But I figured that he was most likely going to build it if he bought it, because that's what I think almost all of us are doing in this thread: talking about the Lego sets that we want and want to build...

Yeah, but the way he made t sound because it's so pristine, the thought occurred to me that MAYBE, he would sit on it for a while and soak in the thought of what it would be like to never open that ONE set for like 10 years or something! :)

But I figured that he was most likely going to build it if he bought it, because that's what I think almost all of us are doing in this thread: talking about the Lego sets that we want and want to build...
Like I said, why buy it if you aren't going to build it? Otherwise I might as well collect cardboard boxes.

R-User!

Like I said, why buy it if you aren't going to build it? Otherwise I might as well collect cardboard boxes.

Collect cardboard boxes?

Isn't that what we sort of do as well, lol.

Your right, we buy to build, but like Dr.Forester said, he was thinking about maybe selling it, and who knows whether or not ghostmind felt like building that set or not? I know he loves Star Wars, like I, but I didn't want to assume anything, especially with the exorbitant going rate for that particular set as well...

...if I had the dough, and it arrived on my doorstep today, I would -momentarily- process the thought of what the future value of the set might be; and then I would be like "Fuck that! I want to build this! And if I ever want to sell this, I know I'll probably make my money back!"

And it would be a glorious day at that!

The build day that is, not the selling day; that day would be melancholy.....

Collect cardboard boxes?

Isn't that what we sort of do as well, lol.

Your right, we buy to build, but like Dr.Forester said, he was thinking about maybe selling it, and who knows whether or not ghostmind felt like building that set or not? I know he loves Star Wars, like I, but I didn't want to assume anything, especially with the exorbitant going rate for that particular set as well...

...if I had the dough, and it arrived on my doorstep today, I would -momentarily- process the thought of what the future value of the set might be; and then I would be like "Fuck that! I want to build this! And if I ever want to sell this, I know I'll probably make my money back!"

And it would be a glorious day at that!

The build day that is, not the selling day; that day would be melancholy.....
I will admit, the thought of reselling it AFTER building it would fill my mind. But I know years later I would regret it because I would want to build it again.

Any of you ordered from the official LEGO site before?

Got my first order in now (Australia) and it looks like it's being shipped from the UK.

Tracking for my order simply says;

DHLGM DHLGM
Tracking

Current Status: Shipment Tendered
Tendered on: 4/4/2013 12:20:24 AM
Estimated Delivery Date:
Shipment History:

Event Date Event Time Event Detail Event City
04/04/2013 00:20 Shipment Tendered ,
04/04/2013 00:20 Picked Up

So essentially ZERO information.

It says to allow 24 hours for information to appear, but it's been 6 days now and nothing more.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
I actually bought the UCS Falcon when it came out from LEGO's shop, and about a year later I pulled the box out of the closet and discovered the cat had been sleeping behind it and using one of the corners to sharpen her claws. It is the only LEGO set out of the 100 or so I own with any kind of damage on the box. Dat collector value...

If we get it, it will be next year at the earliest. This year we get Ewok Village if Ghostmind's sources are right.

Fine by me; gives me some time to earn more points =) Every time I buy something, they ask me if I wanna use my points and I simply say no thanks, I'm saving for something big. I just don't know what that big thing is yet =)

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I will admit, the thought of reselling it AFTER building it would fill my mind. But I know years later I would regret it because I would want to build it again.

we should do a GAF group buy. We all club together to buy it, then take it in turns to build it, display for a month then pass it on to the next person

Katoki

Oh man this double dose of crack. One for the LEGO and two because it's bargain hunting. Managed to pick up the A-Wing for $17 on Amazon Warehouse. Missed the price on Unexpected Gathering since it went quick. I'm hoping my order for the Sith Fury Interceptor makes it through since it was listed at $57 and I definitely was fighting with who knows how many other people for that order to be put in.

On a side note, that Bug Obliterator 70705 set is at ~$55 for anyone halfway interested in it.

Dragoshi1

Well, I caved and ordered the City Police Station!

$72 bucks is too good to pass up, compared to $100+.

So that will be here tomorrow.

rallaren

I didn't think I would see that price in this thread. Congrats on the UCS Millennium Falcon, ghostmind!

Oh man this double dose of crack. One for the LEGO and two because it's bargain hunting. Managed to pick up the A-Wing for $17 on Amazon Warehouse. Missed the price on Unexpected Gathering since it went quick. I'm hoping my order for the Sith Fury Interceptor makes it through since it was listed at $57 and I definitely was fighting with who knows how many other people for that order to be put in.

On a side note, that Bug Obliterator 70705 set is at ~$55 for anyone halfway interested in it.
I'm in the same boat kind of. I even deleted a bunch Lego bookmarks yesterday just to get back to some today. And those prices are good.

I can't believe I have several boxes unbuilt and more on the way.

I've also been looking at a bunch of themes from the past decade and some look really cool. I'd say more than current ones. Surprisingly cooler looking. It eradicates my erlier assumptions in this thread about Lego's designing being bad etc.

I'm in the same boat kind of. I even deleted a bunch Lego bookmarks yesterday just to get back to some today. And those prices are good.

I can't believe I have several boxes unbuilt and more on the way.

I've also been looking at a bunch of themes from the past decade and some look really cool. I'd say more than current ones. Surprisingly cooler looking. It eradicates my erlier assumptions in this thread about Lego's designing being bad etc.

Everyone needs to buy the Sith Interceptor. Seriously, it may be the best minifig scale ship outside of the original trilogy models. I love the Interceptor like PhonBone loves the Quinjet.

Everyone needs to buy the Sith Interceptor. Seriously, it may be the best minifig scale ship outside of the original trilogy models. I love the Interceptor like PhonBone loves the Quinjet.

I want one, used to play Old Republic and that was my ship. I just keep missing the good deals...bah

Draxal

The best about the Interceptor is that it comes with great minifigs (although try bricklinking for the trooper legs from the army builder set) and it looks like it fits in the OT (no offense to Prequel Trilogy fans).

Having gotten the Sith Fury recently, I will back this up. Dem wings!
I think Wal Mart still has it marked down to $72 or so. Fair price for the set finally.

hmmblah

Agreed as well. It's such a good set all around. Easily one of my favorite builds. I found it cheap too on sale awhile back for $50. I had a gift card too, so brought the cost down to $40. Having built it though, it's easily worth full price.

ghostmind

Happy 10,000 posts LEGO-GAF!

Here, have some cake.

cfa4WTG.jpg

Thanks, once again, to all the regulars, past and present, for keeping this thread lively and interesting. Thanks also to our newer members and lurkers for joining us.

LEGO-GAF is truly the best-GAF!

Deserving of top of new page:

Happy 10,000 posts LEGO-GAF!

Here, have some cake.

cfa4WTG.jpg

Thanks, once again, to all the regulars, past and present, for keeping this thread lively and interesting. Thanks also to our newer members and lurkers for joining us.

LEGO-GAF is truly the best-GAF!

I built a minfig-scaled X-Wing. I´m very glad with the final result:
IMG_20130328_142540-1.jpg

That is insanely cool

I'm sure a lot of you have the game and probably already bought the set, but I posted some pictures of mine here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=53103660&postcount=2672

I think I might have the lego bug... I picked up a VIP card, and I saw tonnes of stuff in store that I wanted

For example, I quite like the TMNT stuff!

Top Bottom