• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

Nitemare1

Any idea how much longer The Millennium Falcon is going to be in print? It's one of those sets I know I want but I keep pushing it down my purchase list for other things.

rallaren

20130510212510.jpg

Tower Bridge COMPLETE!!!!

This is a gourgeous dispaly piece and now one of my top 3 sets, 1 being the SSD and 2 the new UCS X-Wing.
It looks impressive. I like how there's an X-wing next to a space shuttle. Fun mix-up.

Is anyone hanging their stuff up in the ceiling btw? Maybe not the SSD although that would look pretty awesome.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
It's the one lego set I'd pay extortionate prices for (but haven't yet). I like how its relatively normal looking and not flat like so many of the other modulars. I might try and buy one or bricklink it actually.

The other UCS Star Wars sets I missed I'll just wait for new versions like the x-wing, or just live without them.

It does make me wonder whether to pick up the SSD and B-wing, even though I'm not a big fan, just to have all of them going forwards. Likewise with town hall and palace cinema which I'm not super fond of.

Or maybe I should just be content with not needing to be a completionist :)

You're doing it WRONG!

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
I think the Green Grocer was at the max of what I'm willing to pay for an OOP set. I believe mine was about $575. Now, granted, if Lego does ever release another UCS Falcon (or a spin on it) I'd easily spend $600 or more.

I think that is right at my limits as well. Did you get your GG from EBay or bricklink or where?

ghostmind

Kmart has four of the summer Star Wars sets available for purchase.

http://www.kmart.com/search=lego%20star%20wars

Of particular interest is the Jek-14 Stealth Starfighter, which for some baffling reason is on sale for $57.47 instead of the $69.99 MSRP.

http://www.kmart.com/lego-star-wars-8482-jek-14.s-8482-stealth-starfighter/p-004W004754974002P?prdNo=24&blockNo=24&blockType=G24

I ordered one, so let's see if it gets here in about a week.

EDIT: LOL - I've already received an email stating that they don't have the item in their warehouses, so they are going to try to ship it from a store. I somewhat expected this, as Kmart has the worst stock management ever.

ruxtpin

Banned
I think that is right at my limits as well. Did you get your GG from EBay or bricklink or where?

Bricklink. Kept an eye on the listings for about a month and one that I thought was a good deal popped up. There was some slight box damage, but none of the bags had been opened. As I wasn't buying it to flip, but to build - the poor box condition didn't bother me.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Finished the new x-wing. Lovely, but need to work out where to display it - might need to take down or move tower bridge.

I wish the lower wings had more detail on the top surfaces. I'd have trade not being able to flatten them completely

Wtf is the deal with the plant prices?
The old series were 10€ which was expensive IMHO but just about ok.
Now they are 13€.
That's a 30% increase wft?
Is it like that outside of eu too or are just we asked to cough up the cash for this?

Ps caved in and bought unexpected gathering for 55€ today. :/

Kmart has four of the summer Star Wars sets available for purchase.

http://www.kmart.com/search=lego%20star%20wars

Of particular interest is the Jek-14 Stealth Starfighter, which for some baffling reason is on sale for $57.47 instead of the $69.99 MSRP.

http://www.kmart.com/lego-star-wars-8482-jek-14.s-8482-stealth-starfighter/p-004W004754974002P?prdNo=24&blockNo=24&blockType=G24

I ordered one, so let's see if it gets here in about a week.

EDIT: LOL - I've already received an email stating that they don't have the item in their warehouses, so they are going to try to ship it from a store. I somewhat expected this, as Kmart has the worst stock management ever.

I hope they stay in business. They have great clearances if you get lucky. The more retail sources the better competition drives down prices.

That stealth fighter design could easily be modified to be a bird of prey ship.

Wtf is the deal with the plant prices?
The old series were 10€ which was expensive IMHO but just about ok.
Now they are 13€.
That's a 30% increase wft?
Is it like that outside of eu too or are just we asked to cough up the cash for this?

Ps caved in and bought unexpected gathering for 55€ today. :/

Welcome to the fellowship of the middle earth sets.

Haven't looked at the planet series price in a while but I'm pretty sure they are still same as earlier series here in the states. We only have series 3 though. TRU jacks up the prices of the series 3 planet series about 30% above MSRP though.

Bah humbug. Real life got in the way. Money down the drain. No more budget for helm's deep right now. Time to see how long I can hold off on buying it for before it goes out of print...

Stopped my local TRU today and picked up four more series 10 packs. I scored:

- Medusa
- Baseball player
- Sea Captain
- Paris Hilton ?

Medusa is damn a sweet figure. She must be the easiest one to feel out. But she's also limited to two per box, right?

Nice to see another Imperial Shuttle. So glorious.

Now you need an SSD, R2, and UCS X-Wing.

Oh I'd love to got all those and the Death Star too, the only problem is money X_x As is I think I can be fine if I get one large $100-$200 set per month, with my set for next month planned to be Pet Shop. As Town Hall and Palace Cinema probably aren't going OOP for a while and neither is a complete must buy for me (though, I love the interior of Town Hall) I can hold off on modulars after that. Maybe I can save money from one month to put towards SSD or DS the next. Hopefully they can hold out just a bit longer... Display space is also an issue, but I have untapped space in my bedroom that I can use if I just clean up some. I live alone, so there's no one to stop me from having Lego everywhere!

So I picked up the package from the mail with my Hoth Han and poster today and found that I got ANOTHER of those Chima starter sets in it along with the one that came with the B-Wing itself. Absolutely no interest in them so I'll probably see about putting them up on eBay, though my concern now is that there will be a lot of supply and not enough demand for them.

- Medusa
- Baseball player
- Sea Captain
- Paris Hilton ?

Medusa is damn a sweet figure. She must be the easiest one to feel out. But she's also limited to two per box, right?

Correct, just two per box. Tis a shame though.

Just got my box from May the 4th. I didn't get a Hoth Han Solo! Lego said they are sending me a new one. Very nice customer service. I got some Chima thing instead. Weird that they sent me a chima 70113 starter set instead of hoth han

tuffy

Just got my box from May the 4th. I didn't get a Hoth Han Solo! Lego said they are sending me a new one. Very nice customer service. I got some Chima thing instead. Weird that they sent me a chima 70113 starter set instead of hoth han
I think everybody got a Chima starter set as a clever sort of advertising for the line. I'll have to unload it on some nephews.

DJ_Lae

Peeked into the new Target here at West Edmonton Mall - pretty tiny, I thought, and not really that much different from a Walmart or the previous Zellers.

Lego's all priced the same, although I did notice a couple of sets like the regular X-Wing was $63 instead of the Canadian $75MSRP.

Naturally, as soon as I saw that I quickly started scanning all the other prices and eventually found an Unexpected Gathering, hoping that it wouldn't be $85.

It was.

Calm Killer

Went to Morgantown today and checked Walmart and Target. They had both series 9 and series 10! I went through every series 10 and found 3 I didn't have. Picked up librarian, painter and Indian warrior. Now all I need is bee girl, medusa and captain to complete series 10.

After I completed series 10 I checked every series 9 they had and I thought I had all 16, but there were 5 bags I wasn't sure about so I bought those as well. Turns out I went 14 of 16. I missed out on battle mech and skater girl. I have 5 unopened series 9 to take back now and I opened a zombie space guy who i thought was a mech. First time I see a series 9 in the wild and I get 14. Not bad.

I stopped myself from going to the LEGO store near my house and ended up at Target instead because otherwise I'd have bought something...

Who knew that the Extremis Sea Battle set being a $1.99 off at Target would make me buy it impulsively?

R-User!

- Medusa
- Baseball player
- Sea Captain
- Paris Hilton ?

Trendsetter, and yes, 2 Medusas per box...

I stopped myself from going to the LEGO store near my house and ended up at Target instead because otherwise I'd have bought something...

Who knew that the Extremis Sea Battle set being a $1.99 off at Target would make me buy it impulsively?

It's like drug, we just need the little nudge like $1.99 discount to push us over the edge.

I am pondering my 12.99 bonus gift card I got from Fred Myers.

Naka

I came to post about getting the Chima starter set with my Han figure and looks like others got them too. I was wondering why the package was so big for a poster and a figure. I guess they are trying to get more people interested in Chima.

ghostmind

We haven't gotten ours yet. :<

June! If not late May.

Hmm. Seems like we (North America) are on the brink of a bunch of sets releasing:

Galaxy Squad summer wave
City summer wave
Friends summer wave
Creator summer wave
Chima summer wave
Castle 2013
Lord of the Rings 2013 wave
Star Wars summer wave

I thought Star Wars wouldn't be until July, but I'm thinking June now.

EDIT: I'm also wondering when the Series 4 Star Wars planets are out in North America...

Hmm. Seems like we (North America) are on the brink of a bunch of sets releasing:

Galaxy Squad summer wave
City summer wave
Friends summer wave
Creator summer wave
Castle 2013
Star Wars summer wave

Mother of god. Galaxy Squad, Creator, and Friends are going to kill me.
Yeah. I said Friends. Dat yacht!

And I think I finally came to a decision: all Mocs are goners. Everything is getting taken down soon. I want to build Tower Bridge again, and it is in nearly everything. Of course, I could try building it without taking stuff down, but I feel a fresh start might do me good.

Galaxy Squad summer wave
City summer wave
Friends summer wave
Creator summer wave
Chima summer wave
Castle 2013
Star Wars summer wave

EDIT: I'm also wondering when the Series 4 Star Wars planets are out in North America...

Open the flood gates, I'm ready.

Top Bottom