• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Is your LEGO store not close? Because if it's close, then I would be surprised that they never had any series 9 for you to dig through.

Tell us your LEGO store logistics... :p

I am in WV and the nearest LEGO store is in Washington DC. 2 hours a 30 minutes if traffic is decent. So my purchases are made on special trips or online. Walmart and Target when we go shopping. Nearest walmart is 30 minutes away and they have never had a minifig. Actually I have never seen a minifig in a Walmart ever. Target is the only place I have seen a minifig other than a LEGO store, and that Target is 2 hours from here. I will be in DC for my anniversary in two weeks so I am hoping I can trade the 4 unopened I have for 4 others, but I have never taken anything back before.

R-User!

I am in WV and the nearest LEGO store is in Washington DC. 2 hours a 30 minutes if traffic is decent. So my purchases are made on special trips or online. Walmart and Target when we go shopping. Nearest walmart is 30 minutes away and they have never had a minifig. Actually I have never seen a minifig in a Walmart ever. Target is the only place I have seen a minifig other than a LEGO store, and that Target is 2 hours from here. I will be in DC for my anniversary in two weeks so I am hoping I can trade the 4 unopened I have for 4 others, but I have never taken anything back before.

Well you won't trade persay.
Just return the Minifigs you have as soon as you walk in. If they ask you why tell them that they were a gift, but you have those characters already. Then when you're feeling the bags tell them you have a nephew that is trying to complete the collection.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
What figures are you trying to get a hold of? Do you have some old series ones to trade?
I can see about trying to find stuff for you if you would like.

I have a couple series 10 duplicates. Other than that nothing. Started collecting on series 8 got 10 out of 16 of those. I've seen 0 series 9. So I'll probably just bricklink a whole set. The 10 duplicates I posted a few posts back. I'll see what I can find in two weeks in DC.

That reminds me bone. Do you need anything from the pick a brick wall?

I have a couple series 10 duplicates. Other than that nothing. Started collecting on series 8 got 10 out of 16 of those. I've seen 0 series 9. So I'll probably just bricklink a whole set. The 10 duplicates I posted a few posts back. I'll see what I can find in two weeks in DC.

Series 9 was everywhere here until today. As was series 8. It is like they both disappeared overnight.

As for pab, I skipped it last trip. About all I could use are gray tiles. Flyingpig got me tons of yellow, red, and gold tiles the other month. Now grey is what I am hunting.

R-User!

Can you find the name of your D.C. LEGO store from this list?:

http://www.brickbuildr.com/view/pab/

Your store may not be on the list, but if it is it may give an indication of what's on their wall currently ..

Naka

Just got confirmation of my B-Wing shipping. That was much faster than I expected considering when I placed the order it said "Back Ordered, Ships in 30 days".

xts1Mis.png
Millions of Canadians suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced...

I feel bad complaining about it in light of our NZ/AUS brethren...but you are right.
I understand other countries have it bad, but what makes it particulary worst for us here is having a neightbouring country with better prices, it's like you are watching all the cool deals and prices from outside the shop and you want to partake but the doorman just wont let you in.

Frostburn

My B-Wing shipment came in today from Lego and they tossed in a free Legends of Chima SpeedOrz Starter Set 1, pretty cool considering it was free and unexpected. Going to give it to my girlfriends little, brothers I'm sure they'll love it. In other news I have now build the regular X-Wing, Tie Fighter and A-Wing. Thinking I should buy the Y-Wing now and maybe the Fury-Class Interceptor :( So many great sets, hard to not buy them all :)

R-User!

Hey Calm!

So the Woodbridge, VA stores' PAB Wall was last updated 2 weeks ago. Here is the link that shows what may still be sitting in that wall right now:
http://www.brickbuildr.com/view/pab/side/off/30/

I was going to post McLean VA's Wall, but it isn't even close to being an effective tool to help you gauge what you want. Here have a look anyway:
http://www.brickbuildr.com/view/pab/side/off/29/

So, if you are going to the Woodbridge store, do you think that you could get me two large cups for a Quinjet trade?

Presuming that you could ship me two cups, we could do it where I ship you a Quinjet with shipping included, and you ship me two large PAB cups:

Quinjet cost me $35 plus tax plus shipping ~$50 bucks in total costs to get it to you...
Two PAB Cups cost $32 plus tax plus shipping ~$45-50 to get it to me...

Whaddaya think? Huh!?

If so, here's my preliminary list... :p

White L-shaped 1x2 "Panel" (3/4 handfull)
White 1x1plate with modified clip light (little circular tube jutting out from one side of the plate) (large pinch)
And Black of the same piece as above (large pinch)
Trans-Clear 1x1 Plate/Stud Round (large pinch)
Dark Bluish grey 1x4 tile with Knob dials and Train Throttle Pattern (small pinch)
Red 3x3 Flowers (Sprue of 4) (medium pinch)
Green 1x1x2 plant stem (20 pieces)
Red 2x3x2 container cupboard (10-20)
Tan 1x2 slope (45degrees) (handfull)
Trans-Clear 1x2 plate (handfull)
White 1x2 brick (handfull)

Let me know what you think. :)

Anyone Interested in Fire Brigade? I would be willing to sell my unopened set to someone on here interested before ebay/amazon. I am looking to get $139.99 for it shipped (you save tax as opposed to getting it in the lego store), or if you prefer I can send only the bags and instructions (no box) for a $15 discount. - edit for purists - the box is bent a bit in corners/around the edges. If concerned PM for photos!

Obviously I hate to do it, but I really need money at the moment, and have done a ton of BST on here, ebay, and amazon. I really feel sad I have to part with a few of my sets, but I have no options - I have some must need financial obligations that are spur of the moment.

Also, I have over 4,000 pieces worth of sets without figures (25 superhero sets) on ebay
(I sold the figs already, thought about keeping the parts for moc - just have to get rid of some). If you bid/win that auction I will be happy to give gaf $20 off shipping.

Thanks much guys - PM for any details or questions.

Fox

mrkgoo

Uh oh!

A local toy chain here is holding a coupon weekend. 50% off any item less than NZ$30, 30% off another, and 25 and 20 % off two more.

I smell Lego time...

What should I get?

If you have Fred Myers near you, they are clearing out Marvel LEGO the Heli-carrier escape.

So I am assuming all the Avengers stuff are going out of production? (Wal-Mart clearing out all Quinjet).

Deefuzz

Just finished building this one for display in our store. It was a good build! I was taken by surprise with how all the string bits all work together with the little control stick inside. I might need to buy one of these for myself now! It's a really nice display piece and I'm not even a big plane guy.

I have an extra BN Member coupon for 20% off if anyone wants it. Expires this weekend. Many stores have most of the Lone Ranger sets as well. But sadly not the train.

It is big.

I only have the baby one, myself:

The cockpit area on that is both hideous and awesome looking at the same time. I think it would look better on a custom ship.

It is interesting to see how far sets have come since the early SW days. Or even the jumps from regular sets to UCS versions.

DJ_Lae

My little shuttle is also gutted of minifigs - it was a $3 thrift store find.

All the ship parts were there, though. But man do I wish I had the red guards.

AHAHAHAHA
*point fingers at him!
you have the poor's man version of it!!!!!

I want that one :(

That is the older brother of them all. These are the tiny lil cousins:

20016-1.jpg

4494-1.jpg

My little shuttle is also gutted of minifigs - it was a $3 thrift store find.

All the ship parts were there, though. But man do I wish I had the red guards.

Best Star comes with a few of them. Side benefit of that set!

But they do need some new sets with the Imperial Guards. Such awesome looking characters and figures.

Yes! and grapes.

That will be a new small set. Denethor at a table with all the food, and it comes with a Pippin figure of him in his Gondor uniform so he can sing.

That actually is a good idea. I was thinking of it like a joke, but the more I think about it it would actually work pretty well and be a small lil $12 set or so.

DJ_Lae

Best Star comes with a few of them. Side benefit of that set!

But they do need some new sets with the Imperial Guards. Such awesome looking characters and figures.

Death Star is my planned family christmas present this year (last year was Diagon Alley and a few other things). However, I'm hoping there's a 20 or 25% off Star Wars Lego sale at Toys R Us because that $500CDN retail price stings and even VIP points don't amount to a whole much.

Top Bottom